Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: Wednesday, July 18th 2012

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2012, 07:45 AM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

morning all, already did some work today. Swapped horns in my horizon, put the factory horn back in as i had a mini wolo air horn in there I was gonna do my horn mod on the monte but decidede against it. But also...... Happy anneversary to me!today marks one year since i got the monte, tommorow is 1 year on the road with her. Done just about 20k miles with 0 break downs or anything like that. Hoping for many more good miles to come.

Old 07-18-2012, 07:56 AM

Monte Of The Month -- May 2013
1 Year Member

[quote=Dubstepticon;478807]Good morning gents! I plan on going for a run today as part of my training to gt my black belt.....but it'll be more like swimming with this disgusting humidity!!! I wanted to put my MCF sticker on today; I know how to clean the surface, but how would I go about removing some old sticker residue? Goop off?
Take a razor blade to get the residue off then use goof off. Then wash it with soap & water or even window cleaner. Then your ready for the new MCF sticker

Old 07-18-2012, 08:02 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Ricks 2006 SS
Take a razor blade to get the residue off
Just don't forget to keep the blade AND surface very wet so you don't scratch anything.

Old 07-18-2012, 08:12 AM

Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- June 2014
Monte Of The Month -- July 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

wow thats a lot of miles chibi!!

Thanks space! there is a few indoor ones around, but i like the skin on rock feel its more of a challenge, you have to find holds and cracks to hold on to, and sometimes they are as small as a dime in width!! while the inside ones the holds are large. they are still a challenge though! i know some climbers that all they do is climb the indoor walls! they have competitions indoors and such. lots of fun to watch!

have a great day space! hope work is going well!

Old 07-18-2012, 08:24 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I didn't think I would hit 185k this soon... but I've been driving the Monte a lot lately because I just like it more

Old 07-18-2012, 08:27 AM

Good Morning Mod `Mike, & Congrat's on your 185K mile mark...You are a great ambassador for Monte Carlo's everywhere & you have proved that if you maintain & love your Monte Carlo that you can enjoy many, many safe/happy miles & still look in showroom condition...
Wish you another 185K miles
===========================================
Thanks `Devin for your reply...Does climbing crates in the warehouses count as climbing ? They sure can be stacked `high Do you climb down ?, once you get to the top of the mountain that you are climbing or, do you para glide `off the mountain or rappel down ?

Old 07-18-2012, 08:39 AM

Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- June 2014
Monte Of The Month -- July 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

hey space! i bet climbing crates is good practice! i might be good at that job!
rappel back down once you hit the top! or sometimes there is a trail to the top on the other side of the wall we might hike down

Old 07-18-2012, 08:50 AM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2011
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Dub-you can also try alcohol and prevent a scratch or even WD-40.

Chibi Mike-won't that Monte go any faster!

Old 07-18-2012, 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by Leprechaun93
Happy anneversary to me!today marks one year since i got the monte, tommorow is 1 year on the road with her. Done just about 20k miles with 0 break downs or anything like that. Hoping for many more good miles to come.

Hi `Keane, you've been a busy little boy lately getting all kinds of things accomplished It's great to read that your Monte has been good 2 U 4-Sure & Happy Anniversary to your Monte Carlo & it's owner

Do you like your new classes & prof's @ college this year ?
It sure can make a big difference to have good subjects & good professor's...Wish you a great new semester @ college & another safe/trouble `free 20K miles...I don't get to drive much with my work hours (just airport pickups sometimes), but I do love to drive, especially great rides...
Enjoy your New Day of Life 4-Sure
==============================
Thanks `Devin for your reply...I think the highest is about 36 ft in the warehouses, not as HIGH as you get...What is the highest (climb lol) you've been ? It's has 2 `be a Great HIGH 4-Sure...The highest I've been is in a Light House Tower , but I like being high (LOL) I 4-get how high I've been in a airplane, but I loved it 4-Sure...I think being a pilot would be a blast, or better yet an astronaut in outer `space
=======================================
Great to see our Blog active this morning & I hope it continues...EnJoy the MCF & Life....Peace/Out from `Space

Old 07-18-2012, 08:55 AM

[quote=Ricks 2006 SS;478815][quote=Dubstepticon;478807]Good morning gents! I plan on going for a run today as part of my training to gt my black belt.....but it'll be more like swimming with this disgusting humidity!!! I wanted to put my MCF sticker on today; I know how to clean the surface, but how would I go about removing some old sticker residue? Goop off?
then use goof off.

That's GOO GONE!!! After you wipe it on and gently scrape off the residue, you can GOOF OFF for a while....

I'm here, Space, just trying to keep my Monte polished. In this heat and humidity, it's not easy to do anything outside for more than five minutes. It's supposed to get to 104* today - but I'm sure it'll feel like 120./quote]

Hope everyone is having a good week - Keane, congrats on your anniversary!

Quick Reply: Member's BLOG: Wednesday, July 18th 2012