Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: Wednesday, January 9th 2013

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2013, 08:34 AM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2011
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Warming up here too, but rain is on it's way for tomorrow and a few days after.
Getting my chores done and then headed over to check on the Impala. Remember the Impala?? I told him to take his time since it is nasty out and no need to get it out into the salt. Her old 71 is still hauling the mail so no rush. Gonna take a few more pics and post in the project thread later.
Have a great day all..

Old 01-09-2013, 09:11 AM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Good Morning EV1!

Chevrolets New Slogan: "Find New Roads"

Who likes this "NEW" slogan?

Have a Great Day EV1!

Old 01-09-2013, 09:41 AM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

Morning Everyone

Old 01-09-2013, 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by 03JGMonte
Morning Everyone

Hi `Mike, what are you doing this morning...You didn't answer my question in yesterday blog about your kit car ? (Tell us what U R do'in ? )+ Thanks again 4 start'in our new MCF `day
================================================
Hi `David, I hope that Chevy finds a New Road 4 a New Chevy Monte Carlo 4-Sure...

Chevrolet’s New Tagline: Find New Roads Replaces Chevy Runs Deep – With Poll

Written by: Jason Udy [

GM’s controversial “Chevy Runs Deep” tagline attempted to capture the nostalgia of the brand’s roots, but now Chevrolet will “Find New Roads.” With the Chevrolet brand making recent strides in global growth – the automaker says sales have increased 38 percent since the Cruze’s launch in 2009 – leading to the bow-tie brand’s new slogan: “Find New Roads.”
While the previous slogan hinted at the automaker’s heritage, the automaker’s new tagline is the first that will be used worldwide, representing one “global vision.”
The move seems to mirror Ford’s One Ford plan, and in the U.S. We’ll first see use of the slogan in the first quarter of this year before being rolled out in the rest of the world.
“The theme has meaning in mature markets like the U.S. as well as emerging markets like Russia and India, where the potential for continued growth is the greatest,” said Alan Batey, vice president, U.S. Sales, Service and Global Marketing, in a release.
Last year, Ford replaced its “Drive One” slogan for “Go Further,” and Toyota changed its tagline from “Moving Forward” to “Going Places.”
Source: GM

***Hi Jerry, Look 4ward to updates on your Impala & I hope you can find some new paved roads to drive...Oh, how did you like the Mazda 6 ? Did you like it for what it is ?

EnJoy your break from your job that pays I know that you will still have lots of work to `do...

Hi Seattle `Mike, `Lou, Mike, `Devin, `Joe & everyone...Global warming is here & our world is changing 4-Sure...Do you think it's getting better or worse

WoW, don't you wish you had one ? WoW, I think Mod `Mike should get one instead of a new Camaro (LOL) WoW
He could afford to get out & Find a New Road (LOL)

Wish everyone a safe/happy day ~> EnJoy

Last edited by Space; 01-09-2013 at 10:18 AM.
Old 01-09-2013, 11:15 AM

Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- June 2014
Monte Of The Month -- July 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Hey space!
No global warming, the january thaw is quite common and usually happens every year

Old 01-09-2013, 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by MnteCrloSS47
Hey space!
No global warming, the january thaw is quite common and usually happens every year

Hi `Devin, the weather reports & stat's indicate that we have Global warming...It sure has changed here in Florida...We keep breaking record highs...Inside the warehouse now it's in the high 80's... We need some snow ~> Now

Climate Change Evidence At A Glance
Global Surface Temperature
Data source: NOAA
More Evidence of Climate Change < Click 4 Evidence

Old 01-09-2013, 11:45 AM

10 Year Member

Global warming is something i disagree with. The warming trend is caused by the jet stream lifting back into canada keeping the cold air up there. It will come back down
Hope all is well with you space!

Old 01-09-2013, 11:51 AM

Hi `Devin,
I know that there's a mixed debate on this issue & I admit I don't have enough knowledge on this subject to debate.

I just know that the Atlantic Ocean is get higher & that many states are breaking higher temperatures & breaking records.

I'm just tired & hot today (to many employee's off with the flu & I've been running since last `eve...One more truck to unload when it comes in b-4 I can get a recharge

Thanks for your post & sharing..
Happies 2 U & the readers of this...
Peace/Out

Old 01-09-2013, 12:10 PM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2015
10 Year Member

Good "morning" all from Mexico. Been here a couple days now. Trip down was through Monterrey and Ciudad Juarez (El Paso), so basically three separate flights even though Juarez was just a stop on the flight from Monterrey to Hermosillo. The daily high temperature has been averaging in the mid 70's with a low averaging about 45 degrees. The mornings and evenings are kind of chilly. This weekend into next week is suppose to get even cooler, averaging highs in the mid 60's and lows in the low-mid 30's. Sunday actually shows a low of 29 degrees.

Also, glad to hear that hockey is back and starting soon. Even though it'll be a shortened season (48 games), I'm still looking forward to it. It's definitely not felt right the past 3.5 months without it. Sounds like the league will have discounted ticket prices for all teams to "make it up" to the fans. They should. Going to some Red Wings games for sure!

Old 01-09-2013, 12:33 PM

10 Year Member

Originally Posted by Space
Hi `Devin,
I know that there's a mixed debate on this issue & I admit I don't have enough knowledge on this subject to debate.

I just know that the Atlantic Ocean is get higher & that many states are breaking higher temperatures & breaking records.

I'm just tired & hot today (to many employee's off with the flu & I've been running since last `eve...One more truck to unload when it comes in b-4 I can get a recharge

Thanks for your post & sharing..
Happies 2 U & the readers of this...
Peace/Out

I respect anyones opinions!
Hope ya have a good recharge!

Quick Reply: Member's BLOG: Wednesday, January 9th 2013