Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: Wednesday, February 19th, 2014

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2014, 09:12 AM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

morning all, welcome back Drew. Cloudy here right now, supposed to have rain/freezing rain, hopefully it holds off as I have places to go today, white castle to be precise

Old 02-19-2014, 09:37 AM
Monte of the Month -- December 2013

Goodmorning, friends & family!
My first day back to school this week, was nice having a 5-day weekend!
Got quite a bit done to the Monte over the weekend. Fresh oil, debadged the scripts for a cleaner look, washed up the under-belly, washed & waxed...
Finally got an alignment, too!....now that wheel bearing just howls!! Anyone know how much it would cost to fix? And if it is just something I can do myself?

Old 02-19-2014, 09:52 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Good Morning Everyone!

Old 02-19-2014, 10:15 AM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2015
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

Morning everyone, I hope you are all having a great day. Got to wash my car yesterday, just a quick bath but it was needed, the sand and slush in the wheel wells, and behind the wheels was making driving no fun anymore, but a good wash out and it drives nice again.

In and out of office today trying to get everything done but never enough time to do it all lol, oh well just keep perservering

Have a good day everyone

Old 02-19-2014, 10:39 AM
Monte Of The Month -- January 2014
1 Year Member

Morning all, started my search today for my summer project. Im looking for either a jeep Cherokee or similar 4x4 SUV to replace my monte as my DD, or me and my little brother may undertake a lighter restoration of a trans am or cammaro. Hoping to follow through with one of the projects finances permitting. It all depends on what I can find for a good price. I would really rather get the monte off of the road next winter but well see what I want as the warm weather gets closer.

Old 02-19-2014, 10:45 AM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member

Good Morning EV1!
Joe:
Thanks for starting the daily Blog!
Devin:
Here comes the rain again... Looks like were going to be in for some serious thawing as well as the predicted rain... be sure to remove as much snow off your roofs as well as clear a troth around the house for all the melting to run off so it doesn't saturate your attics and or your basements!
With no place for the water to run off away from your homes... Your just asking for problems!

Drew:
Welcome home! Nice to see you were able to return to your home state and have landed a new Job! All the best hopeing it all works out for you!

Have a Great Day EV1!

Old 02-19-2014, 11:04 AM
Smile "2 `be > happy 2 `be" Be the Master of your Destiny<

Originally Posted by Leprechaun93
morning all, welcome back Drew. Cloudy here right now, supposed to have rain/freezing rain, hopefully it holds off as I have places to go today, white castle to be precise
Hi `Keane, I hope U have clear roads also 2 `go to White Castle.

Originally Posted by ..Scar'lette..
Goodmorning, friends & family!
My first day back to school this week, was nice having a 5-day weekend!
Got quite a bit done to the Monte over the weekend. Fresh oil, debadged the scripts for a cleaner look, washed up the under-belly, washed & waxed...
Finally got an alignment, too!....now that wheel bearing just howls!! Anyone know how much it would cost to fix? And if it is just something I can do myself?
Hi `Justin,

Look 4 your updated pictures What's it's like to have 5 days `off Wish U a great learning experience & fun @ Zchool
Great 2 C U online

Originally Posted by MAMONTE
Good Morning Everyone!
^ Good Morn'in Mod `Michael, wish U a E.Z. day @ work & a Super off time 2nite...> EnJoy

Originally Posted by ohara
Morning everyone, I hope you are all having a great day. Got to wash my car yesterday, just a quick bath but it was needed, the sand and slush in the wheel wells, and behind the wheels was making driving no fun anymore, but a good wash out and it drives nice again.

In and out of office today trying to get everything done but never enough time to do it all lol, oh well just keep perservering

Have a good day everyone
Hi `Ken, it's great to see you checking in everyday & contributing 2 the MCF. Wish U a Good (no) Great Day

Originally Posted by dbaldwin
Morning all, started my search today for my summer project. Im looking for either a jeep Cherokee or similar 4x4 SUV to replace my monte as my DD, or me and my little brother may undertake a lighter restoration of a trans am or cammaro. Hoping to follow through with one of the projects finances permitting. It all depends on what I can find for a good price. I would really rather get the monte off of the road next winter but well see what I want as the warm weather gets closer.
Hi `David, Wish U good Luck on finding your project ride + having a brother to help you. (Family bonding: ) or fighting to see
who gets to drive (LOL)

Originally Posted by STUMPMI
Good Morning EV1!
Joe:
Thanks for starting the daily Blog!
Devin:
Here comes the rain again... Looks like were going to be in for some serious thawing as well as the predicted rain... be sure to remove as much snow off your roofs as well as clear a troth around the house for all the melting to run off so it doesn't saturate your attics and or your basements!
With no place for the water to run off away from your homes... Your just asking for problems!

Have a Great Day EV1!
HI Mod `David,
Rain is better then snow & I hope that's a good sign that spring is around the corner.

** Hi Shebly, thanks for checking `in + helping a member with your posted link.

Wish all a Super Happy Day >EnJoy 4-Sure > What if ?

*** I think it's time 4 lunch...(Now, I want a White Castle LOL).

Old 02-19-2014, 01:14 PM

Afternoon guys. Time to get ready to head into work. I Wouldn't believe the hype on a major tornado outbreak. It's probably going to be mainly a squall line. There may be tornadoes embedded in the line but those types generally do less damage than the damaging straight line winds that will certainly be a factor. I'd say that if there was a high likelihood for a major outbreak with violent tornadoes, the SPC (Storm Prediction Center) would have said something about it and they would have issued a moderate risk at the least for the affected area.

Old 02-19-2014, 01:54 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by SupplySgt
Afternoon guys. Time to get ready to head into work. I Wouldn't believe the hype on a major tornado outbreak. It's probably going to be mainly a squall line. There may be tornadoes embedded in the line but those types generally do less damage than the damaging straight line winds that will certainly be a factor. I'd say that if there was a high likelihood for a major outbreak with violent tornadoes, the SPC (Storm Prediction Center) would have said something about it and they would have issued a moderate risk at the least for the affected area.
Hopefully the storms pass you with no issues.

Old 02-19-2014, 02:33 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2015
Monte Of The Month -- February 2011
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Good afternoon all I hope everyone is have a good day be safe.

Quick Reply: Member's BLOG: Wednesday, February 19th, 2014