Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: Wednesday, December 4th, 2013

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2013, 09:00 AM
Monte Of The Month -- January 2014
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by ..Scar'lette..
Snow on the ground, good amount too!!! Why am I excited for this? DECEMBER MOTM PHOTOSHOOT BOOIIIII!!!! Finally got a spot picked out last night, now just gotta find the wreath back and mounted and off to snap pics! Got the new rubbers on the front of Monroe, wayyyy better in snow than last year's racing slicks!
Hahaha I could just see thoes constantly spinning! Excited for the photos in the snow!

Old 12-04-2013, 09:16 AM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by ..Scar'lette..
Snow on the ground, good amount too!!! Why am I excited for this? DECEMBER MOTM PHOTOSHOOT BOOIIIII!!!! Finally got a spot picked out last night, now just gotta find the wreath back and mounted and off to snap pics! Got the new rubbers on the front of Monroe, wayyyy better in snow than last year's racing slicks!

1 added note....
This is "NOT" the way to treat your tires! If your tires ever look like this...
DONOT try to go thru inspection to get your new tabs! Or even drive on them! I'd say you were very fortunate to not have had a blowout to injure yourself or injure or kill someone else!

I cant believe you waited this long to replace them. It looks to me like someone has some serious alignment issues! Remember people rotateing your tires regularly will help to avoid this happening to your tires!

I don't mean to be ragging on you showing us these...But this is not the time to decide I think I need to replace them... You needed to replace these long before they were even close to being in this condition.

This I would say isn't the proper way to check your tread depth...
But if it gets this bad... ITS TIME!!!!!

I guess it pays to pick up a penny of the ground or... Keep one in the glove box or in your pocket! At least you'll always have a way to check your tread depth and know when its time to replace them! If its below lincolns head.... Your in the Danger zone! Better to be safe then sorry....

Let this be a lesson to EV1 on how to not let your tires get to this point!

This is not a great example of what were looking for in the award for a MOTM!

But It would be a pleasant and welcome photo for MOTM in a winter setting.

Old 12-04-2013, 09:30 AM
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by STUMPMI

1 added note....
This is "NOT" the way to treat your tires! If your tires ever look like this...
DONOT try to go thru inspection to get your new tabs! Or even drive on them! I'd say you were very fortunate to not have had a blowout to injure yourself or injure or kill someone else!

I cant believe you waited this long to replace them. It looks to me like someone has some serious alignment issues! Remember people rotateing your tires regularly will help to avoid this happening to your tires!

I don't mean to be ragging on you showing us these...But this is not the time to decide I think I need to replace them... You needed to replace these long before they were even close to being in this condition.

This I would say isn't the proper way to check your tread depth...
But if it gets this bad... ITS TIME!!!!!

I guess it pays to pick up a penny of the ground or... Keep one in the glove box or in your pocket! At least you'll always have a way to check your tread depth and know when its time to replace them! If its below lincolns head.... Your in the Danger zone! Better to be safe then sorry....

Let this be a lesson to EV1 on how to not let your tires get to this point!

This is not a great example of what were looking for in the award for a MOTM!

But It would be a pleasant and welcome photo for MOTM in a winter setting.
True. I thought mime were bad. But that doesn't look lioe normal wear. He said ghey were slicks so I didn't look really close.

Old 12-04-2013, 09:46 AM
Monte of the Month -- December 2013

I didn't necessarily drive with them being that bad. When they got to the point you're talking about with the penny, I may have had some fun with them! (Had an extra set at that point so figured, why not). So yes, they actually had tread on them when they were on for daily driving purposes. At that time, I lived across from school so I never took my car out. It sat in the garage majority of the time. If I would've driven with them in that condition during Iowa winter, I wouldn't have gotten outta the driveway! xD

Old 12-04-2013, 10:11 AM
1 Year Member

See. Us dumb young guys are smart with our dumbness. Haha. Its just frezzing here in wa. No snow yet.

Old 12-04-2013, 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by MnteCrloSS47
Good morning all!
A cold front is pushing through the US! You can see on the map where it is!
It's very very warm in front of it, pushing a layer of rain ahead of it eastward. Behind it it gets chilly, very very chilly and is carrying snow with it!
Depending on what the temp is where you live with get you either Rain or Snow.
But Behind this front is just plain snow which will move east.
^ You aren't kidding.

Name:  1dTraNF.jpg
Views: 5
Size:  503 Bytes

Old 12-04-2013, 02:17 PM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member

Afternoon all, out of work. Just preordered gran turismo 6, comes out in 2 days. Got it just in time to get the preorder bonus content from game stop. Amazon offers 1,000,000 in game credit and game stop offers a bonus 15 cars, i'll take the cars

Old 12-04-2013, 02:22 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Leprechaun93
Afternoon all, out of work. Just preordered gran turismo 6, comes out in 2 days. Got it just in time to get the preorder bonus content from game stop. Amazon offers 1,000,000 in game credit and game stop offers a bonus 15 cars, i'll take the cars
I recently canceled my preorder

Spent way too much money these past 2 weeks, probably won't even touch GT6 until next year anyway. Just going to wait a month or 2 then pick it up.

Old 12-04-2013, 02:27 PM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member

I'll be in the same boat by the end of the month But hopefully it'll be worth it, or I get some more extra hours at work

Old 12-04-2013, 03:06 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

My 3DS has a lot of games that I still need to start, so I've been playing that a lot more recently.

Quick Reply: Member's BLOG: Wednesday, December 4th, 2013