Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: Wednesday, December 21, 2011< Click Here

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2011, 03:19 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Arrow Wednesday, December 21, 2011< Click Here

Monte Carlo Friends
to your
Member's Blog
Wednesday, December 21, 2011

4 Days to the arrival of`Santa and counting...
- Click below link 4 `Music -
Santa Claus Is Coming To Town - YouTube

What are you doing Today ?
* Members, post what is happening in your life/family, your hobbie's, cars, etc.
Make a post & become a part of the
MonteCarloFamily

The MCF is a StressFree-Fun-Automotive Family Zone
Please don't hurt with your words/post!
Give Respect - Get Respect
4-Sure
If you have not read our MCF Rules ?
Please click below link
-> Please Read - Thank You! - Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums
^^^^^

December 2011
Monte of the Month Winner
2004 Monte Carlo SuperCharged S.S.

Member: The_Maniac Owner: Jason From: Mentor, Ohio

Congratulations `Jason
From your Monte Carlo Family & the World

~ The MCF Winners Gallery ~ - Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums
^^^^^^^^^^^^
Created & ReCreated by Administrator `Taz (Lou)
Click above link to view all our SuperSuper MCF Winner's

Please ~>Welcome our new member's to the MCF & our `Blog, Thank You!

<!-- / message --><!-- edit note -->

Last edited by Space; 12-21-2011 at 05:44 AM. Reason: Teacher `Todd, please check `in !!
Old 12-21-2011, 03:25 AM
Smile "Be Happy to `be free 2 `be" ~> 4-Sure

MCF Weather Report
Ho-Ho-Ho..., Be Good kids

How to read this mapSevere Weather Outlook <!-- weeklyplannermaplink -->National Forecast
================================================== =====

Hi EveryBody,
Wish you a SuperSuper new `Day of your `life
Be Good to yourSelf & others, and please try to help those in need `if you can ?
EnJoy your Holiday Season

Wish everyone a Super Holidays.."Be happy 2 `be" EnJoy~>Your Choice (?) 4-Sure ~> What `if ?

Last edited by Space; 12-21-2011 at 06:00 AM.
Old 12-21-2011, 05:57 AM

Mornin Guys. Just got home from work a few minutes ago. Popped open a beer and posted on a few threads. Figure I'll stay up for a little while before I head to bed. At least long enough to tell Brooke good morning.

Kinda funny though, the team leader was too busy to update the production board (so everyone could see how we're doing compared to our goals) and so on break I said screw it and updated it. Our overall supervisor (Curtis) was standing right there and started laughing. Called Joey (our TL) on the radio and said someone took over your production board. Then when I came over to get the sheet showing what we were building next so I could get everything in order for the area I was in, Joey looked at Curtis and told him "When I move up to supervisor, there's your next team leader right there." The way he said it, I couldn't tell if he was serious or joking about that. But Curtis said, "well we need to get him up to speed on backfill then." Backfill is where you gotta know ALL the jobs (I know about half of them or slightly more at this point) and I shot back with "Well if you'd train me I'd learn! I've been askin to learn more stuff for a while now." Curtis came back with "See? He's ready." To which I replied "You teach, I learn. Lets finish with the dog and pony show (military term) and start on it. I've already had to teach myself two more jobs cause y'all haven't had me learn anything else"

They've noticed the initiative I started taking as soon as I got comfortable in that environment. So maybe that's a good sign for the future. They start dangling that carrot of being able to move up the ladder and I may stick around when I finish my degree. My original plan was to keep this job till I got my degree and look for something in my field, but like I said if I have that kind of opportunity then I may just stick around.

Old 12-21-2011, 06:17 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2015
Monte Of The Month -- February 2011
10 Year Member

Morning guys at work now waiting on a co-worker that and hour late don't know why
But it's Christmas week so oh well. Way to go Sarge grab this opportunity with both hands. Be safe everyone

Old 12-21-2011, 06:34 AM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2011
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Good Morning, Good luck Sarge, sounds possible. What are you getting a degree in and what is it you do now?. I haev to go tot the rental and check the refridge out. They said it was leaking water. Internet search shows it can only be a clogged drain tube considering I didnt hook the ice maker up. Least the call wasn't a structural problem or costly. Have a great day.

Old 12-21-2011, 06:43 AM

I work on a production line at a local factory. Don't make crap for pay now but I'm still fairly new. Granted, my pay is still higher than most of the jobs w/o a college degree here, but not what I made on Active Duty. But if I did get a chance to climb up the ladder there'd be a lot of earning potential. My major is Computer Information Systems btw. If they start putting more responsibility on me in the next couple years then that'll probably indicate that they're serious about dangling that carrot. Most of the people here, even those that have been here a long time, aren't trusted with much beyond their particular set of jobs. And most of the ones that do have some responsibility are content with where they're at.

Old 12-21-2011, 07:00 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2011
Monte Of The Month -- April 2014
5 Year Member

Morning all, workin from home today. A Vaction day tomorrow then a week and half plant shut down.

Talked to Santa and I got a flight to Kansas Christmas Eve to see daughter and her family. I am so stoked to see the grand babies.

Hope the sled isnt too drafty! But I hear its red with an LS4 Monte engine in it, so the flight wont be too long!

You all have a great day and be safe !

Old 12-21-2011, 07:05 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2011
Monte Of The Month -- April 2014
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by SupplySgt
I work on a production line at a local factory. Don't make crap for pay now but I'm still fairly new. Granted, my pay is still higher than most of the jobs w/o a college degree here, but not what I made on Active Duty. But if I did get a chance to climb up the ladder there'd be a lot of earning potential. My major is Computer Information Systems btw. If they start putting more responsibility on me in the next couple years then that'll probably indicate that they're serious about dangling that carrot. Most of the people here, even those that have been here a long time, aren't trusted with much beyond their particular set of jobs. And most of the ones that do have some responsibility are content with where they're at.

Sarge congrats on the computer information systems. (My line of work) wish you the best. However I will be happy to pass the tourch on to you and go out to pasture to play and enjoy retirment in my pasley RV Van visiting all spots in the US.

Old 12-21-2011, 07:13 AM

Monte Of The Month -- May 2013
1 Year Member

Morning........ SGT, Tad, Mel, Jerry. Man I've been down for the count the last 3 days & nights. I got this god awful chest cold. Headache, coughing my lungs up. Can't talk more then a min or 3. With out cough and chokeing. Sore throat, sore chest from coughing so much, And the headache wow!! . To say the least i won't be on here long. Just wanted to check in and say Hi too everyone. One day left at work for 4 months. Can't wait to get to a warmer place. Not to much else to say. Might be on later. If not ya all have a great day. going to bed and get a lot of rest. I got too feel better by the weekend. C ya.........

Old 12-21-2011, 07:15 AM

Monte Of The Month -- May 2013
1 Year Member

Tad. I'll really need a picture of the RV .... We just sold our a few yrs ago and miss the hell out of it. 36 ft Motorhome man the memories we had in that thing. NICE ...

Quick Reply: Member's BLOG: Wednesday, December 21, 2011< Click Here