Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: ->Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2011, 07:45 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Good Morning Everyone!

Happy Hump Day! Two more days, two more days....I'll just keep reminding myself of that. LOL

Got my eyes checked yesterday for the first time in 3 years...OMG, my old contacts were so bad, I couldn't even see the big letters on the very first row. It's amazing what life through clear eyes looks like. LOL I just need to order my new contacts and glasses now, since I only have one sample pair of contacts for now. Not looking forward to the expense of all this, because my insurance doesn't cover a whole lot, but at least it covers something. Apparently my prescription actually didn't get worse (which is amazing, and good) but I have a astigmatism that needed to be corrected, and WOW what a difference between just a lense correction, and a trovix lense with astigmatism correction too.

Have a good day everyone!

Old 08-17-2011, 07:53 AM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

Morning Everyone

Nm much goin on here today

Old 08-17-2011, 07:55 AM

Hi Mod Michael,
Great to read that you are taking care of yourself & your eyes. I think it's a great investment, no matter what the cost 4-Sure.. I can't imagine living life without sight..

Now you will be able to see your Monte & Life so much better Wish you a fast work week, and a super fun and super sight weekend ~> EnJoy the view ~> WoW my Monte really looks GREAT
================================================== ========
Good Morn'in Mike (JG), I need a day with not much 2 do..., but I'm sure with all your toys that
you will find something to do & EnJoy...Wish you a Fun Day : )

Old 08-17-2011, 07:57 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Now go clean your Monte Mod Michael :p

Good morning everyone. It's good to have the forum back!

Old 08-17-2011, 08:01 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member

Good Morning guys!

Yesterday was a great day here weather-wise. Perfect temps.
It was nice to see Jose got the Intimidator running again. I hate it when mechanics start taking wild guesses, changing out expensive parts, and saying "oh well -- that didn't work -- let's try something else". Uh, excuse me... your experimenting is costing me money for nothing.

Old 08-17-2011, 08:02 AM

Good Morning Mod `Mike,
I thought you shut down the MCF to take a break from `Space
I also seen you & many member's entering the Monte Carlo Withdrawal Clinic yesterday afternoon Lou (Taz) had a open bar & paid : )

Wish you a SuperFun HumpDay...
p.s. Hello `Lou (Taz) great that you are having better weather...EnJoy

Old 08-17-2011, 08:09 AM
Taz

15 Year Member

Originally Posted by MAMONTE
Good Morning Everyone!

Happy Hump Day! Two more days, two more days....I'll just keep reminding myself of that. LOL

Got my eyes checked yesterday for the first time in 3 years...OMG, my old contacts were so bad, I couldn't even see the big letters on the very first row. It's amazing what life through clear eyes looks like. LOL I just need to order my new contacts and glasses now, since I only have one sample pair of contacts for now. Not looking forward to the expense of all this, because my insurance doesn't cover a whole lot, but at least it covers something. Apparently my prescription actually didn't get worse (which is amazing, and good) but I have a astigmatism that needed to be corrected, and WOW what a difference between just a lense correction, and a trovix lense with astigmatism correction too.

Have a good day everyone!
Michael, I was wearing contacts everyday for a long time. Got tired of the glasses. But I have an astigmatism in one eye also. So my vision with the contacts was never perfect. I still have contacts, but haven't used them in months. What lenses do you have that correct your astimatism?

Old 08-17-2011, 08:15 AM

Morning Everyone,

I am a happy happy camper this morning! Reinstalled the wheels on my bike after getting new tires yesterday. WOW - what a difference!!! I've only had this bike for a couple months. The handling was less than I expected; not nearly as good in the twisties as my last bike. Turns out it was simply due to worn out tires. Now the bike handles just as I expected originally. Wish I had replaced the tires sooner. Life and learn...

Nice of the Admin staff to let us know they were bringing the site down for maintenance yesterday... NOT!

Tad - Enjoy the Detroit - Woodward Dream Cruise. Sounds like a blast. Bet you'll see some awesome cars.

Happy Hump Day.

Old 08-17-2011, 08:19 AM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2012

Originally Posted by KidSpace
Hi `Justin, It's great that your internship flew by (that means that you enjoyed it : ) Early congrat's on your completion.
I head back to college on Saturday!

Originally Posted by Taz
Michael, I was wearing contacts everyday for a long time. Got tired of the glasses. But I have an astigmatism in one eye also. So my vision with the contacts was never perfect. I still have contacts, but haven't used them in months. What lenses do you have that correct your astimatism?
Taz, I also have astimatism and contacts. I use accuve oasis for astigmatism. They work great They are supposed to have some sort of weight in them that helps to keep them centered if I understand correctly. After a few extra blinks in the morning to get them centered, they rarely rotate out of focus and stay put all day. They are pricier than regular contacts of course, but you should check them out

Old 08-17-2011, 08:25 AM
Taz

15 Year Member

Originally Posted by zzapultimate
I head back to college on Saturday!

Taz, I also have astimatism and contacts. I use accuve oasis for astigmatism. They work great They are supposed to have some sort of weight in them that helps to keep them centered if I understand correctly. After a few extra blinks in the morning to get them centered, they rarely rotate out of focus and stay put all day. They are pricier than regular contacts of course, but you should check them out
I have CooperVision Encore 100's right now. They're not bad, but not 100% right. And gives me a headache after a while, since the power in the one eye isn't exactly right.

Good luck going back to college.

Quick Reply: Member's BLOG: ->Wednesday, August 17, 2011