Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: Wednesday, 8-27-14, *Check In* $$$

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2014, 03:18 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Thanks `Jerry for your reply...
Yes, you don't want Logan to grow `up to fast...

Oh, I think Logan could ride for 24 hours with his grandfather & not complain...Maybe bathroom breaks & McDonalds Happy Meals (lol)

I hope your boss also buys you breakfast `if you have to be there @ six a.m. (But that's right, you are getting paid, so more hours = more $'s...

Wish you good weather (Oh, does your Postal Truck have A/C ? The weather is HOT also in your area...

Wish you a fun time at the parade & with family > Enjoy

Old 08-27-2014, 03:35 PM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2011
Monte Of The Month -- December 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Space
Thanks `Jerry for your reply...
Yes, you don't want Logan to grow `up to fast...
Wish you good weather (Oh, does your Postal Truck have A/C ? The weather is HOT also in your area...
Wish you a fun time at the parade & with family > Enjoy

Yeah logan is growing up fast. The Postal truck does have AC..
Hope the temp drops..Because it's HOT here now..

Old 08-27-2014, 06:31 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Good Evening EV1!

Hope ev1's day is going well. Mine has been Great! The "Schwans" guy was here and delivered us some goodies along with some eats! also My bud was here and finished the stain/sealer on the deck as well so Im a pretty happy guy right now...

Had to take the camper into General Trailer to have the LP system checked... When we parked it in our yard after our trip (Which is where I store it) I noticed a strong smell of LP... Turns out even after shutting off the tanks... The supply lines are suppose to retain the lp in the the supply lines even after the tanks are shut off...However, Mine isn't... thus causing a leak.. I wondered why we went thru 1 tank already... when usually we get an easy 2 seasons out of the 2 ..30# tanks... But when were camping..the lines under pressure and obviously wasn't/noticably
leaking.. anyway... Long story short... The exhaust system finally gave out on the Silverado after almost 10 yrs of use... (Aluminized pipes not stainless) ... and of course I didn't want any sparks or open flames near the camper so I had to get it repaired before towing it back to general..

Turns out since the Silverado didn't come with duals from the factory... I had them do a custom catback dual system... (Which is what also rusted out that I had done 10 yrs ago) But it seems that one if the pipes is either hitting the differential or possibly the body while the campers hooked up (Its a 5th wheel) so it sits in the bed of the truck VS a bumper hitch...There for theres more weight on the truck overall and I'm guessing its a minor clearance issue.

SO I called the shop (Wearmaster) and Greg said no problem so I'm taking it into him tomorrow morning to get it straightened out!.
Have a Great Evening EV1!

Old 08-27-2014, 09:39 PM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2015
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

Good evening everyone, not feeling the best today, actually had to leave work around 11 this morning and then came home and fell asleep until shortly after 5pm. This is not usual for me so I must have come down with something good or bad depending on how you look at it.

Hope everyone had a good day

Old 08-27-2014, 10:46 PM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Evening all, had a giant pizza slice to eat earlier