Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: Wednesday, 1-25-12 <Check In

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2012, 03:36 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2011
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Mike they do look better blue. Get you a set of those tires also. really make it pop! Better get them quick. ebay seller sold my uncle a set $725 shipped. He will negotiate shipping if you can send to business address. He saved $60.
Here's the deal with my car. The foam is actually sound deadner and all newer cars have it. He actually wanted to replace my whole quarter but GM wouldn't authorize it, so they a cutting out a large area. Should be done next week hopefully early. They gave me a 2004 Buick park Avenue. man, that thing just floats along. Kinda nice.

Old 01-25-2012, 04:13 PM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

Ive still got my origonal yellow lettered tires Jerry & i think it does look better blue too

Old 01-25-2012, 04:50 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by 77gp
Here's the deal with my car. The foam is actually sound deadner and all newer cars have it. He actually wanted to replace my whole quarter but GM wouldn't authorize it, so they a cutting out a large area. Should be done next week hopefully early. They gave me a 2004 Buick park Avenue. man, that thing just floats along. Kinda nice.

Hi Jerry, it would be great if you could take pictures of the work that they are doing on your S.S. Can you find out if other Monte Carlo's had this problem ? Were the affected interior panels painted (?)...I've seen some that were unpainted on GM cars I hope it's not a issue for other Monte's ?

Well, you got a Buick b-4 `Tadd What are you naming yours I think they should've given you a ride similar to your Monte (but I guess they don't have anything that nice)
Wish you good luck & I hope they do a Super Job..
Look forward to your updates...Thanks for sharing
======================================
Mike (JG), I like the mirror's to match also...or paint them pink
LOL...OH, are you going to put turn signal indicator's in your mirror's ? That would be different ? Good Luck & we look 4ward to your pictures..
=======================
Rick, it's great to see you survived your ReUnion with friends.
How's your COLD ? Hope U are all better...
===============================
Catch everyone later....EnJoy your eve & I hope that you visit your MCF & Blog some with your friends...
Peace/Out from `Space

Old 01-25-2012, 04:52 PM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

In the future Space i was actually planing on building a set of turn signal mirrors

Old 01-25-2012, 04:54 PM

[QUOTE=Possum;411097]
Originally Posted by Ricks 2006 SS

RAMCHARGERS is a person? I thought it was a large Dodge sports car.

Or is it a bunch of goats speeding down a hill towards you? :p
Angie you are close. The RAMCHARGER wasn't a sports car. It was a large SUV built and sold by Dodge beginning in the 70's and discontinued in the late 80's or early 90's. Plymouth sold a version of it as well called the Trailduster. The Plymouth version didn't sell as long as the Dodge. They were direct competition to the full size Ford Bronco and Chevy Blazer.

Old 01-25-2012, 04:58 PM

Hi `Mike,
I like them & really notice them on new cars...I think they look good & improve safety 2
I also like the side market turn signal lights on several makes & models...

Now, every major auto company is going LED lights in front & back & inside....Do you have LED color changing lights in your `Edge...They are really cool...I've seen them in a Mustang & a Ford Fusion...They are neat & sweet
http://youtu.be/6xdZ02d8xVc
^ Lighting
http://youtu.be/0IM_rmRoCps
^ New Ford Fusion 2013
Do U like it ? I like it, even if it's a 4dr sedan...The Above vid shows the interior also & it looks great..
+ check out the turn signals..Kudo's 2 FORD

Last edited by Space; 01-25-2012 at 05:04 PM.
Old 01-25-2012, 05:02 PM

5 Year Member

I would suggest all MC owners of at least the 06 and 07 give there rear quarters a thorough going over. This sound deadening was used on them. Not sure why mine got the rust issue but the piece small piece they had cut out was completely covered by rust on underside. They said after they had it finished and painted, while in heat booth drying it made the water seep out and bubble the new paint. I am not interested in another car, I will take my chances as they are once repaired. They had side window trim off, ground effect, and rear tail light along with rear bumper cover loose. He knew I took very good care of it and told GM rep he doubted I would be interested in a new car since they didn't make the MC anymore. If i was gonna name her Space, it my be Lucy. Don't know why but she drives and rides really well. It's not my kind of ride though. Secretary was laughing and called it a Grandma car. Funny though, she must have been a grandma as she was darn close to 60 or passed it. Enough ramble from me.

Old 01-25-2012, 05:12 PM

Susan and I were talking the other day and she brought up my birthday in April. It is my 50th and she wants to know if I want a party to celebrate turning 50. I just don't know. She is going to ask me again and I need to have an answer. The thought of turning fifty does not delight me and I'm not sure I want to celebrate something that doesn't make me happy. I guess deep down it means I have to admit I'm getting old and I don't want to be old. What do you guys think? I might be happy with a quiet family dinner out with Susan and the kids but I also don't want to come off being an ogre. I'm confused.

Old 01-25-2012, 05:20 PM

Stay active & work out
Hi Gregg, I don't wait for my next birthday, I celebrate every new day that I get. I do believe that age is just a state of mind, so keep your mind young & active & enjoy your present, your now 4-Sure You have 50 + more years to go and by then you should own Disney ?

Last edited by Space; 01-25-2012 at 05:25 PM.
Old 01-25-2012, 05:21 PM

5 Year Member

Originally Posted by mousehousemoparman
Susan and I were talking the other day and she brought up my birthday in April. It is my 50th and she wants to know if I want a party to celebrate turning 50. I just don't know. She is going to ask me again and I need to have an answer. The thought of turning fifty does not delight me and I'm not sure I want to celebrate something that doesn't make me happy. I guess deep down it means I have to admit I'm getting old and I don't want to be old. What do you guys think? I might be happy with a quiet family dinner out with Susan and the kids but I also don't want to come off being an ogre. I'm confused.
Tell her exactly what you just said ^^^^
I am not that far behind you and agree totally with above statement. as we get older is almost more of a depressing day than a happy one. We just don't want to admit we are getting older when we still feel 25-30 inside

Quick Reply: Member's BLOG: Wednesday, 1-25-12 <Check In