Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Ways to bounce back after a Relationship Breakup

Old 02-09-2012, 12:03 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Lightbulb Ways to bounce back after a Relationship Breakup

Hi Member's,
We have several member's that have or had problems with their partner's & I thought the below article may help
I know I read several article's like this when I had to break `up with my Monte Carlo & sell her to pay 4 college...
I sure hope it helps someone 4-Sure\

Ways to bounce back after a Relationship Breakup

Breakups are not easy to handle and most of us have been there struggling to control our emotions. Many people bounce back immediately and do things which they may regret later. Breakups make people lose their confidence and feel worthless. It is this feeling that makes them want to bounce back to prove themselves (and to others including Ex) that they are worthy of love and affection by often getting into wrong ways like Rebound Relationships which often results in further hurt and pain. Such Quick Fixes or Band Aid relationships people enter into to distract themselves from the hurt, emotional pain and loneliness caused by the absence of the previous relationship often lack the love and trust required for a good relationship to survive and often end up doing more damage to the person than help. So it is better to look into positive and effective ways to bounce back after a break up to boost your confidence and also give yourself time to heal the heart before jumping into a new relationship. Dwelling on the past can interfere with your present and make you miserable so it is important that you get over your Ex before getting into another love relationship or commitment like marriage.
After a breakup I am sure that many would have felt like wanting to crawl in a hole and not face the world but why do that when there is life out there. So what are some surefire or good ways one can attempt to boost the confidence and mend a broken heart? I am attempting to give an answer to this through this Article. If you have more ideas on getting over a breakup, please feel free to add your inputs by way of comments.

* Note article applies to men/women/space people/etc...

Top 10 Best Ways to bounce back after a Breakup

Good and Effective Rebound Rituals to Mend the Broken Heart

Many of us have been through Break ups and know how it feels after one. Confidence is one thing which goes down the drain first thing when such a thing happens. Most people get into a depression mode or an anger mode after a break up. However, both are not good ways to handle a break up or rejection. The first step towards mending a broken heart is by clearing all the clutter of previous relationship. Which means you should clear your room with all items that may remind you of your Ex. Also remove his/her number and messages from your mobile and stop following him on the social networking sites you are following him. This is probably the most effective way to get over your Ex and move on with your life.

Who knows may be the break up was for your good and there is your Prince Charming or Miss Right waiting for you elsewhere with open arms. If you want to cry, cry your heart out and I assure you that a day would come when you do not feel like crying anymore over the relationship which ended. You should give yourself some time after a break up and not rush into anything for your own good.

How do you cope with a bad break-up? How to heal the Broken Heart? What can you do to pick-up the pieces and move on with your life? One of the biggest steps in getting over an Ex is getting your self esteem back.

Given are top 10 Best ways to bounce back fast after a Relationship Break up.
  1. Get a Make Over: There is nothing which can boost the confidence of an individual than a makeover. Get a new haircut, Dress sophisticated by going for a different style of clothes, Get a new Car or a Monte Carlo (any Gen) … or do whatever it takes to make you look more beautiful and gorgeous. Pampering yourself at the gym can do wonders to your mind and body.
  2. Go Shopping: There is nothing more relaxing than a Shopping experience to treat depression. Buy new clothes, Get a pair of new shoes/boots, Motorcyle, or Boat/Xbox etc, Buy Mod's for your ride /accessories … I have seen this technique working well especially when I am angry or depressed.
  3. Get into a Hobby: We all have hobbies we have ignored after getting into relationships because of lack of time or discouragement from Ex. Now it is the right time to pursue these hobbies again. Or you could try learning something new which you always wanted to learn. Music, Reading and racing, skateboarding are good hobbies to pursue. You can also learn new things and be self sufficient. Is it your Ex who always picked your car ?, go get what U want & be a man? Learn to do things by yourself. Get some good video's
  4. Bond with Family and Friends: Family and Good Friends stands by you during thick and thin. So if you have not been giving enough time and attention to them earlier because of your relationship it’s time that you spend some quality time with them doing things you missed doing with them.
  5. Get a Pet: If you like Pets, get a new Pet and devote your time looking after it. Or adopt an space alien...if U can afford one.'?
  6. They like to hot rod your cars & eat all your food, but they are a great converersation piece ~>
  7. Go Party: Oh, "PartySmart" Wear Protection & don't drink/smoke or drive 4-Sure Celebrate your Single status by partying with your friends because Being Single has numerous benefits which you may have overlooked while being a couple.
  8. So be Single and Happy. Go for a Coffee or Dinner out with friends, Clubbing or dancing…This would sure boost your confidence. Are you missing sex? "Be Good 2 yourself"
  9. Go for a Trip: Take a break and Go for a Holiday. What can be more relaxing than the Beauty of Nature? Are there places you have always wanted to go but could not go earlier? If so, plan and trip with friends and go places. Indulge in some Photography too while you are there.
  10. Take up Yoga and Meditation: Have a healthy body and mind by getting into Yoga and meditation. It would help to relax you and help you heal the wounds of your heart break. You can also go for walks and do Aerobics to keep you healthy and fit.
  11. Do Charity and Social Work: Doing something for someone always can make one feel good. It can make us realize how lucky and privileged we are. Do something positive that will put your energy to good use. Take time to visit an Orphanage or an Old Age home spending time with inmates. You may also Volunteer for charitable cause or donate money or things for it. While you are clearing the clutter of your previous relationship give away things like mementos or clothes lying around at your home if it is not possible to send it back to your Ex.
  12. Do something Productive: If you have not been concentrating or not putting much effort on your job because of your involvement with your Ex, now is time to change yourself and devote some time to your Career. Who knows you might be rewarded with a salary rise or a promotion for your efforts. You can also take up Blogging and make some money out of it by putting your energy into a productive habit like writing.
Breakups do happen. It is the way you handle it makes all the difference. The emotional trauma caused by the break-up is almost always debilitating. But you need to move on to make room for good things to come to you. There is no point in crying after something which is gone. You have already wasted too much time and efforts on it. Accept the change and move on with life by getting into effective ways for bouncing back fast after a heart break. Give time for yourself and you will come out as a more positive and stronger person ready to conquer the World.

* I edited some of the above 4- Fun & removed 4 women only...
I removed some items that may be offensive to some

===========================================
Member's add your comments/advice/help...We are the Monte Carlo Family & we do our best to help one another 4-Real~> Sure

Last edited by Space; 02-09-2012 at 05:50 PM.
Old 02-09-2012, 12:08 PM

There are 99.6 million unmarried people over age 18 in the U.S., representing nearly 44% of the adult population. U.S. Census Bureau. "America's Families and Living Arrangements: 2010"
In 2010, unmarried households were 45% of all U.S. households. - U.S. Census Bureau. "America's Families and Living Arrangements: 2010"
44.9% of the unmarried population aged 18 and older are female. For every 100 unmarried women there are 88 unmarried men. -U.S. Census Bureau. "America's Families and Living Arrangements: 2010"
23.0% of the unmarried population aged 18 and older are people of color and 77.0% are white. While a clear majority of the unmarried population is white, it is considerably more racially diverse than the married population. - U.S. Census Bureau's Current Population Survey (CPS),

Now, get out there a find the one 4 U 4-Sure...
You can't find them sitting @ home, unless you call a service, but that's expensive ~>

"Never, never give `up & never settle for less then the best 4-U~> 4-$ure"

Attached Thumbnails Ways to bounce back after a Relationship Breakup-spacegirls.jpg  

Last edited by Space; 02-09-2012 at 12:10 PM.
Old 02-09-2012, 12:25 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Uh-oh, you're not having problems with Miss Space are you???

And you're about 10 months late for me, 'Space....

Old 02-09-2012, 12:36 PM

Hi `Duane,
No, Mrs `Space & I are solid, but I'm sorry to read that you had problems. I hope you don't give up the search 4-Sure...
You have a lot to offer a partner..., but I know it's difficult to find the right one...My g/f and I met when we were 5 years old & we both have never dated anyone else, so maybe I'm not the one to be giving advice, but I know that I'd rather be by myself, then `be with someone I did not love or care for!

I think the above article has some great advice, and there's many sites on the `web with some great tips..

It's such a big world, and one must get out & explore...
One thing that I believe is that Trust is the foundation of any relationship, and I firmly believe `if you don't have trust & honest communication that the foundation of love will crumble to the ground...

Don't give `up~>...Dream `it ~ Plan `it ~ Act `it " & if it doesn't work Revise your plan(s) ~> Good Luck to you & all that are searching for the right one...

Just like looking for a auto, you got 2 do your homework, then take it for a test drive, b-4 you decide to commit for `life (4 `Life ?) ~> 4-$ure...

The divorce rate is over 50% in this country & that's not good odds, so make sure that you get a car that you enjoy driving (a classic), that you can drive/enjoy/maintain the rest of your life.....(Yes, I'm tired & it's the coffee typing I think)...SUPER GOOD LUCK to the reader of my words/thoughts...Peace/Happy Out from `Space

p.s. Who takes advice from a spaceAlien ? ~LOL

Last edited by Space; 02-09-2012 at 12:39 PM.
Old 02-09-2012, 12:43 PM

5 Year Member

Originally Posted by Space

The divorce rate is over 50% in this country & that's not good odds, so make sure that you get a car that you enjoy driving (a classic), that you can drive/enjoy/maintain the rest of your life....
I think you're right this time Space... I need to go get myself a good COUGAR!!!!!!!!

What? I always like Cougars...

Last edited by Space; 02-09-2012 at 01:09 PM. Reason: Picture change 2 fit thread..Sorry I liked your better `Duane
Old 02-09-2012, 12:51 PM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

ohh geez Duane

Old 02-09-2012, 02:36 PM

Monte Of The Month -- October 2012
3 Year Member

Originally Posted by Cowboy6622
I think you're right this time Space... I need to go get myself a good COUGAR!!!!!!!!

What? I always like Cougars...

Go for it lol

Old 02-09-2012, 04:34 PM

Good read, definitely something I should be reading considering what happen to me recently =\..

Old 02-09-2012, 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by jwjones
Good read, definitely something I should be reading considering what happen to me recently =\..

Hi JW,
I thought of you when I posted this thread...You sure are not alone...We have many member's that just had or have had some bad times with their partners..

I was suppose to edit the above article after I posted it, but got distracted/lost in my own space, & posting tired.

I hope some of the suggestions help you & others...I know articles like this always remind to stay positive & extract the most from life everyday...

My grandfather told me that the bad times will make us appreciate and enjoy the good times when they return...Don't 4-get to capture every moment of good times..
Like driving a Super Ride...Sometimes you never appreciate a good ride until it needs some help/maintainance/attention..

Wish you & member's a good life....Remember, you got to be your own driver to get 2 when you want to`be...

I have to get ready to get where I need to `be now...Work is calling in a few minutes Peace/Out from `Space

Old 02-09-2012, 05:57 PM

5 Year Member

I think JW needs a Cougar too. Here is one for you!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ways to bounce back after a Relationship Breakup