Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

WARNING: Hot Topic - Ignorance, Racism, Hatred

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2008, 09:58 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- December 2007
Default RE: WARNING: Hot Topic - Ignorance, Racism, Hatred

ORIGINAL: 07MonteSS

ORIGINAL: BLACK ATTACK

ORIGINAL: BillFromTR

I an equal opportuninty hater. Unless you prove yourself otherwise, I dont like you. Absolute truth.
You hate everyone equally? Mmmmk... I don't know what to say...

Its the hard truth...not everyone believes the same way!...and I am affraid racism will never end! its part of life. I try my hardest to like everyone...but if we were all the same, if all of our views were the same...this would be a boring world!
Heck... you don't have to like anyone... But you need to treat EVERYONE with respect and kindness, and treat everyone equal. Some people say, "RESPECTNEEDS TO BEEARNED" I say, Respect is ALWAYS TO BE GIVEN, Disrespect is earned.

You are also right... unfortunately... Racism will always be with us in one form or another... but do you need to perpetuate it? NO... if you do, it is clearly by choice. I choose to follow my Mother's teachings, my older brother choose to follow my Dad's, my little brother... I really don't know...When he is sober he seems ok, but when he is drunk, he's an **** - which personality is real?

Old 01-12-2008, 08:39 AM
Photobucket

ORIGINAL: knightfan26917

ORIGINAL: BLACK ATTACK

hatred (a desease -- caused byfear, and low-self-esteem, resulting in theneed to lash out againsteveryone and anything that is different, in order to equalize)
So, would you say thathatred is the same thing as "can't stand" something? In other words, if someone says they can't stand something ... or, if they say they hate something ... would those 2 statements be saying the same thing?

I don't have low self esteem, but I have a few things that I can't stand/hate.....
Well that would depend Cort... If you "cannot stand" yellow cars, do you make it a point to tell the owner, "Hey Man! I really Cannot Stand your Yellow Car!" If the answer is Yes, than you do have the desease and you do have a problem with your self-esteem, because you feel the need to cause pain to another person to make them feel as bad as you do down deep inside. In others words you are making aconscious statement propelled from your subconscious mind (that remembers every second of your life from the second you were born).A person that hates for no reason or "Cannot Stand" and lashes out to make their feelings known, is doing so to equalize the pain they are feeling (consciouslyor subconsciously).

This is not to say you cannot dislike or even hate somethings -- I hate peas, hate them , but that is not the same thing. Now if I made it a point to tell you the dinner you have prepared for me STINKS because it had peas in it, again, I might have a problem. I would probably pick the peas out and eat the meal and enjoy the parts I liked.

Old 01-12-2008, 10:57 AM

OMG< dont even get me started on PEAS!!!!! LOL

actually i can say i hate certin things do i feel the need to let the owner know. inrespect to your exampel?
no i would not say a word to them , HOWEVER i would try very hard to avoid the question on how do you liek the color of my car? Just so i dont need to feel like i need to answer the questions.

I have said this for years and pepole laugh becuse they dont under stand the statement.

IF YOU DON'T LIKE THE ANSWER, THEN DON'T ASK THE QUESTIONS!

this will prevent me from telling you what i really think.
I wont LIE to you. But if you ask the question i will give you the answer.

Old 01-12-2008, 01:00 PM
Photobucket

Mick... That is fair!

Old 01-12-2008, 07:34 PM

I try to be.

But agian im not a P.C. person by no means LOL

Old 01-13-2008, 07:00 AM
Photobucket

Wow Knight... you hurt my feelings... you really are a bad man... lol

You're pushing for the obscure, trying to make a point that you can hate or cannot stand someone without being a bad person.

My point is, yes, you can dislikepeople, but if that dislike isfor no other reason thana physical attribute than you have a problem -- being vocal about it or not. If you hate or dislike all people with red hair, than you have a problem. If you hate or dislikeeveryone thatisfat, you have a problem. If hate or dislike everyonethat is from the middle-east, you have a problem.

I have a problem. When I am on the sales floor, and I see someone that is from the Middle-East or Eastern Indian come into the store, I will turn my back on themand walk away -- hopefully before they see me. Outside of work, I have no problem, I enjoy everyone. But at work, Middle-Easterns have proven to be hard negotiators and a pain to deal with, so I do not want to deal with them. I don'tcare if I lose their business, in fact, I don't want their business. So... I have a problem... I am not rude to them. If I know they have seen me, before I can walk away. I will treat them like any other customer, but I will be gritting my teeth all the way. I smile and shake their hand, and pretend they are my best friend. In fact,I have met some great people from the Middle-East, but I have a prejudice against them when I meet them at work.

Why... Typical conversation:

"Hi! Welcome to X Store... My name is Craig, and You are?"
"I am Sam, and his is my family."
"Nice to meet all of you! How can I assist you Today Sam?"
"We are looking to purchase a Y-Model"
"Great! Let me show you one."
"No, No... I have seen them before, I just want to know your best price."
"Well Sam the Y-Model comes in a variety of Trim Levels and each is priced differently. Prehaps it would be best if we took afew minutes tofindout whichone would best suits your needs."
"No, No... I have seen them before, I just need one with an automatic and air conditioning."
"Ok... so manual windows are fine?"
"Mmmm, Yes.. What is your best price."
Typically I laugh at this point
"Ok Sam... What if I could sell you my base Y-model for $$,$$$"
"Which one is that?"
"Why it is this one right over here..."
"$$,$$$ is the sticker price... I asked you for your best price."
"You did Sam... and as you can see this model has this and that... Its performance is... its safety features are... it has... all making it worth every penny. But I understand you want my best deal Sam, so what if I put a plate on this car and let you and your family take it for a ride, while I talk with the Manager?"
"No, No... I'll wait... I just want to know your best price."
"Absolutely Sam... Here are the keys, you and the family go for a ride, and I'll get you that price." (this works about 50% of the time. It should also be noted that we are suppose to go with the customer to further demo the vehicle and to answer all their questions and concerns, but with families, they all want to go, so I typically don't go with them.)
"No, No... Please... I just want your best price."
"Tell me Sam... What price would make you buy this car, right now!"
"No, No... Please... I just want your best price."
"You financing or paying cash?
"What does it matter... I just want your best price."
"Well Sam... Money talks. Put in my hand the amount you want to pay and I'll take it to my manager to see if he will accept it." (again, works about 50% of the time. Also be aware... I don't care if I am making him mad, because I don't care what the OEM says how we are totreat customers and sell vehicles, sales managers don't want to be bothered unless you have cash in h

Old 01-13-2008, 05:01 PM

man i thought i could write alot in one setting LMAO!!!

Old 01-13-2008, 05:56 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008

Ilove racist:

I love racisting my Monte Carlo against Mustangs.

Ilove ignorant.

I love ignorin' ants that are crawling all over my Froot Loops.

Iknow abouthatred:

"Hey Tred! stop waking me up at 4 a.m. with your loud music.

Quick Reply: WARNING: Hot Topic - Ignorance, Racism, Hatred