Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Vote 4 YourSelf - Yes or No ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2008, 01:15 PM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Vote 4 YourSelf - Yes or No ?

[align=center]MCF Court of Honor[/align][align=center]Would youvote for yourself in a MCF Monte of the[/align][align=center]Monthcontest ?[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Yes or No[/align][align=center]__________________________________[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]This should be a interesting poll.[/align][align=center]I shall look forward to the results : )[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Main Entry: 1hon·or
Function: noun
[/i]
1 a : good name or public esteem : REPUTATION [/i][/i]b : a showing of usually merited respect : RECOGNITION <pay honor to our one's Monte Carlo : )[/i]>[/i] [/i]
2 : PRIVILEGE [/i][/i]
3 : a person of superior standing -- now used especially as a t i t le for a holder of high office <Ex: Winner of MOTM>[/i] [/i]
4 : one whose worth brings respect or fame : CREDIT <an honor to the profession of owning a Monte Carlo[/i]>[/i][/i] [/i]
6 : an evidence or symbol of distinction: as[/i] [/i]a : an exalted t i t le or rank,Winner of MOTM.[/i][/i]b (1) : BADGE , DECORATION [/i][/i](2)[/i] [/i]c : an award in a contest or field of competition[/i]like the MOTM contest.[/i]7 : CHASTITY , PURITY <fought fiercely for his/her honor and his/her Monte Carlo[/i][/i]>[/i] [/i]
8 a : a keen sense of ethical conduct : INTEGRITY [/i][/i]b : one's word/vote given as a guarantee of performance[/i] and[/align][align=center]for a Win : )[/i]

synonyms HONOR , HOMAGE , REVERENCE , DEFERENCE [/i]mean respect and esteem shown to another. HONOR [/i]may apply to the recognition of one's right to great respect or to any expression of such recognition <the nomination is an [/i]honor>. REVERENCE [/i]implies profound respect mingled with love, devotion, or awe <great [/i]reverence for my Monte Carlo[/i]>. DEFERENCE [/i]implies a yielding or submitting to another's judgment or preference out of respect or reverence <showed no [/i]deference to their elders[/i]>. synonym see in addition HONESTY [/align][align=center]
[/align][align=center][:-]Click below to get connected to our Monte of the MonthContest[:-][/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center]
[/align][align=center]https://montecarloforum.com/m_74642/tm.htm[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][sm=feedback.gif][/align][align=center]Member's[/align][align=center]Feel Free to post your comments[/align][align=center]What would the leaders in our World do ?[/align][align=center]Would they `vote 4 themselves : ) ?[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align]

Old 01-26-2008, 01:22 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: Your Vote....Yes or No ?

Well I will copy my post that I made in the MotM thread concerning this..... I don't mean to be rude but I pointed out what I thought would be a good & bad about each side. It isn't completly the same, I did revise it a little.

All politicians vote for themselves... watch the evening news on election day and you will see the footage of the candidates voting for themselves. They do that as a sign that they feel they are qualified for the job.I see the argument on both sides, and think that both are very valid. There are pro's to each

As for voting for yourself:

Pro: If you vote for yourself, you make it known that you feel you are qualifed for the job.

Con: It is looked on by some as the honorable thing to do, and you allow the decision to be made by those not involved, not yourself.

Also, if you vote for someone else, you lead others to beleive you aren't credible for the postiion.

Possibly the best thing to do would be to just back out of the vote entirely, but this should be left up to the participants to make the decision they feel is the best. If they feel fine about winning the MotM when they voted for themselves, and it comes down to that one vote, I think thats fine if they can live with that. If not, then they shouldn't vote for themselves.

This is why votes are done in private and secrecy. So others don't know your true feelings on the subject, and it should stay that way.

Old 01-26-2008, 01:32 PM

Thanks `Duane for your post & comments.
You always amaze me with your insight.
Are you sure your only 18 ?
U must have a high GPA : )
I know you said that you are thinking about being a minister, but
have you ever thought about going into politic's ?
Oh, Loveyour new `sig pic by MCF artist `Craig.
Peace/Out

Old 01-26-2008, 01:46 PM

5 Year Member

ORIGINAL: SpaceRider

[align=center]Thanks `Duane for your post & comments.[/align][align=center]You always amaze me with your insight.[/align][align=center]Are you sure your only 18 ? [/align][align=center]U must have a high GPA : )[/align][align=center]I know you said that you are thinking about being a minister, but[/align][align=center]have you ever thought about going into politic's ?[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Oh, Loveyour new `sig pic by MCF artist `Craig.[/align][align=center]Peace/Out[/align][align=center][/align]
Yep.. I'm 18, according to the birth certificate.

Perhaps I am really some being from outer space poseing as an 18 year old human [sm=rolleyes.gif]

Well my GPA isn't as great as one would think. My friends call me the "King of Useless Information" and due to my recent tray drfitng, I am also they "Tray Drifting King".

I might one day consider a career in politics, but as for now I am headed for the ministry. I already know where I want to go... Southeastern College at Wake Forest and then Southeastern Seminary.

www.secwf.edu is the website from the College, and www.sebts.orgis the Seminary. Being as I am a Southern Baptist I can get half off tuition Plus, there is an organization set up (can't remember its name) since I live in NC, I can go to seminary for almost free

Maybe one day, like Mike Huckabee, I will leave the ministry for a career in politics... but those are thoughts for another day, later on I suppose. Many of my friends claim I would make a great politician, since I understand and can explain things to them in a way that they understand and actually not even bore the living h*ll out of them.

Old 01-26-2008, 01:59 PM

i dunno... i think its less a thing of honor and more over... logic... If you are not allowed to nominate yourself or second yourself... then why should you be allowed to vote for yourself??

Old 01-26-2008, 01:59 PM

`Duane, sounds like a good plan for you.
Thanks 4 post'in/shar'in.
You have a good insight into politic's, and I am tired of
hearing, and reading about the ones that are running for office.
I'd like to be posing as a Rich Alien Being. I'm learning the older
you get, the more responsibilities there seems to be.
I wanta go back 2 my teens : )
Someday theRev Duane Black, will preside at
[:-]
~The Church of Monte Carlo~
Sermon: How to be happy with your Monte Carlo
& life. : )

Old 01-26-2008, 02:03 PM

5 Year Member

ORIGINAL: 81Monte350Power

i dunno... i think its less a thing of honor and more over... logic... If you are not allowed to nominate yourself or second yourself... then why should you be allowed to vote for yourself??
I would have to check the rules, but as far as I know you actually can nominate or second yourself... you just can't both nominate and second yourself... Taz taught me better when I tried to both nominate and second Jeremy for Monte of the Month back in December for January. But the rule says, as far as I remember "Each member can nominate 1 person and second the nomination of another member."

It's kind of a given that you don't nominate or second yourself, but the rules don't say you can't. Most people wouldn't want to look selfish by nominating themselves, so as far as I know it has never happened.

Old 01-26-2008, 02:11 PM

[align=center]
ORIGINAL: 81Monte350Power

[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I believe to vote for oneself is showing confidence in your belief.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]That you believe you, or your Monte Carlo is the best one[/align][align=center]in the contest and should win.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I understand your logic, and thatof a person's honor, but[/align][align=center]I don't believe it is dis-honorable in aauto forum contest[/align][align=center]to vote for yourself. If you don't believe in yourself, or[/align][align=center]your Monte, then why should others ?[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Maybe we will just have to agree to dis-agree on the subject.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Again, it will be interesting to view the poll, and see how[/align][align=center]the member's feel about the topic/vote.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I'm just happy we live in a country that we still have choices.[/align][align=center]I do my best to make good choices, but I've also been wrong[/align][align=center]in several of my choices, but I'm learning : )[/align][align=center]Peace/Out/`Space[/align][align=center]

[hr]

[/align][align=center]Rev Duane Black[/align][align=center]You are correct again.[/align][align=center]Below is from the Monte of the Month Rules[/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center]4. Every MCF Member can nominate
one (1) member's Monte
and
2nd the nomination
of another Member's Monte.

* All member's
are eligible for MOTM
(Including `Moderators)

5. The Top (3) Member's, with the most
nominations will be entered into the
MOTM Contest.
[/align][align=center]~ Amen ~[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]ps. Yes, there has been a few member's that have nominated[/align][align=center]themselve. I nominate myself a lot, and I still don't need [/align][align=center]glasses : )
[/align]

Old 01-26-2008, 04:02 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- December 2007

Heck YES I'm voting for myself, and I am going to get everyone I know to vote for me too!

You enter a contest to win, not to lose! I don't enter any challenge to lose... and I am not going to lose by not voting for myself!!!

Old 01-26-2008, 06:42 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I'm from the old school that voting for yourself is considered conceated. (my youngest sister would excel here)

Nothing wrong with having a little pride in yourself. In this day and age it's alright for minorities to ring their own bell but if you're white and you do this you're racist.
Nice double standards here.

But this is borderline politics.

Quick Reply: Vote 4 YourSelf - Yes or No ?