Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

VA TECH

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2007, 03:44 PM
Default RE: VA TECH

ITS NOW UP TO 30 DEAD.....

Old 04-16-2007, 03:56 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008

The count is up to 32

Old 04-16-2007, 04:36 PM

and this is what pisses me off "the university is open, you can get on campus from any major hwy, there are NO security or police forces active to keep the students safe...." said the college president

WTF IS THIS?!!

i mean good lord my high school was better protected then this

Old 04-16-2007, 05:06 PM

ORIGINAL: scc24540

and this is what pisses me off "the university is open, you can get on campus from any major hwy, there are NO security or police forces active to keep the students safe...." said the college president

WTF IS THIS?!!

i mean good lord my high school was better protected then this
A spokeperson said that the campus has become so huge and is so rural, that security is almost impossible.

Old 04-16-2007, 05:09 PM

well they need to work it into the budget to get enough security to secure the campus. at any costs no public place i.e. a university should ever be non secured

but not tryin to bust you chops but all ive seen in local news lately is how great the new security forces are at va tech and today they say they dont have any security. its just a load of guano

Old 04-16-2007, 07:02 PM

Old 04-17-2007, 01:43 PM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member

shooter i.d'd

Gunman identified as Cho Seung-hui, a 23-year-old English major from South Korea

and also it turns out gun used it both locations...why didn't the campus lock down after the first one?? i guess we'll never know...and it can't really do much now as 33 people are dead...how sick do you have to be...i can't understand how anyone could do this...

BLACKSBURG, Virginia (CNN) -- The gunman who killed 30 people at Virginia Tech's Norris Hall before turning the gun on himself was student Cho Seung-hui, university police Chief Wendell Flinchum said Tuesday.
University officials said they were still trying to determine whether Cho was responsible for an earlier shooting at a dormitory that left two dead.
However, Flinchum said ballistics tests show that one of the two guns recovered at Norris Hall was used at Norris and at the dorm, both located on the 26,000-student campus. (Watch police disclose new information about the shooter )
Authorities are still investigating whether Cho had any accomplices in planning or executing Monday's rampage, Col. Steven Flaherty of the Virginia State Police said.
"It certainly is reasonable for us to assume that Cho was the shooter in both places, but we don't have the evidence to take us there at this particular point in time," Flaherty said.
Cho, a 23-year-old South Korean and resident alien, lived at the university's Harper Hall, Flinchum said. He was an English major, the chief said.
Cho was a loner and authorities are having a hard time finding information about him, said Harry Hincker, associate vice president for university relations.
A department of Homeland Security official said Cho came to the United States in 1992, through Detroit, Michigan. He had lawful permanent residence, via his parents, and renewed his green card in October 2003, the official said.
His residence was listed as Centreville, Virginia, a suburb of Washington, D.C.
The university and police are still in the process of releasing the names of the 32 people killed in Monday's shootings. (Watch how some are asking why warnings weren't issued sooner )
"What went on during that incident certainly caused tremendous chaos and panic in Norris Hall," Flaherty said, describing how victims were found in four classrooms and in the stairwell of the school's engineering science and mechanics building.
A doctor at a Blacksburg hospital described the injuries he saw Monday as "amazing" and the shooter as "brutal."
"There wasn't a shooting victim that didn't have less than three bullet wounds in them," said Dr. Joseph Cacioppo of Montgomery Regional Hospital.
Even among the less serious injuries, Cacioppo said, "we saw one patient that had a bullet wound to the wrist, one to the elbow and one to the thigh. We had another one with a bullet wound to the abdomen, one to the chest and one to the head."
A source familiar with the investigation said the weapons found at Norris were a Walther .22-caliber semi-automatic and a 9 mm Glock -- both with the serial numbers filed off. (Watch how quickly these guns can be fired, reloaded )
Details surface
The day's first shooting, at the West Ambler Johnston dormitory, which houses 895 students, occurred about 7:15 a.m.
At the time of the shootings at Norris Hall, more than two hours later, police were investigating a "person of interest" in the dormitory shootings, Flinchum said Monday.
During the Tuesday news conference, Flinchum said the person of interest was an acquaintance of a woman killed at the dorm.
Steger told reporters Monday that when police responded to Norris

Old 04-19-2007, 05:35 PM

I have a cousin that was one floor up in the
building when he started shooting........thank god she's ok
at home now waiting to be called back to school........
she's only 20............It really sucks that now she won't feel safe attending class
in fear of another idiot loosing it again [:@]

DINO

Old 04-19-2007, 06:50 PM

I really wish they'd quit giving so much attention to that coward that did this. They should be honoring the victims, not showing his pictures and videos. That's just an open invitation to some other messed up kid who wants the world to notice him/her. Plus I think it's really disrespectful to all the victims friends and families.

It's really scary though. On Tuesday when I went to my first class that morning,it came to my attentionI sit in the back, right by one of the entrances. I realized that if some crazy dude came in and started shooting, I'd be about the first one to go. I found myself peeking over my shoulder everytime I heard someone coming in.[sm=insomnia.gif]

Old 04-19-2007, 07:34 PM

ORIGINAL: Hamm

I really wish they'd quit giving so much attention to that coward that did this. They should be honoring the victims, not showing his pictures and videos. That's just an open invitation to some other messed up kid who wants the world to notice him/her. Plus I think it's really disrespectful to all the victims friends and families.

It's really scary though. On Tuesday when I went to my first class that morning,it came to my attentionI sit in the back, right by one of the entrances. I realized that if some crazy dude came in and started shooting, I'd be about the first one to go. I found myself peeking over my shoulder everytime I heard someone coming in.[sm=insomnia.gif]
Hamm, I understand what you are saying.

On one hand, the media encourages others who seek this negative mega-fame.

On the other hand, people become aware ofhow psychopaths act and brings awareness to the masses.

Tough choice to choose to show this or not I agree.

Quick Reply: VA TECH