Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

>>Update & Departure of BeachBumMike+

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2015, 10:59 AM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Cool >>Update & Departure of BeachBumMike+

Hi Everyone,
All good things come 2 an `End, or do they ?...All bad things continue (?), unless you stop or remove them.

I had a meeting with my boss ( owner of the company & also Grandpa `Space.)
I will be departing soon out to sea on a boat & to the islands. I will be gone for a indefinite time (?)
( Presently waiting on Tropical Storm updates)

My boss is selling his US stateside interest & is concentrating his business efforts to the islands + +.
( He got a offer he couldn't refuse + Grandpa Space is selling his interest in the company also. )

I shall miss my friends on the MCF & also the remaining few seniors that reside in a senior care center.

Life really can change in a heartbeat. My life has been in constant change lately.

Presently, it is unknown `if ( Moderator) ` Space will return in the near future (?) due to his injuries, stroke & coma. He is still in treatment in hopes they can bring him back to a active, productive life. ( I pray 4-Sure)

His girlfriend has been by his side daily & assisting on his treatment/care.

BeachBum Tommy met a nurse over in Sweden & fell in love.

Grandpa `Spaces best friend in life ( that also served in Viet Namfor 3 years with him) has purchased Grandpa Space's condo + his vehicle. I call him Uncle `James >I've known him all my life & he has adopted all the beachbums .

He will be keeping Space's computer ( it's dying) & net service.( I gave my computer to the seniors. ) If there is any updates (?) He said that he would post them on the MCF. He speaks true & acts his words. He's had several different government jobs all over the USA & World. I'm not exactly sure what he does, but this area has always been his home base. He's in his 70's now & I think he's retiring.

I am presently moving my few things & some of Space's things into storage. + I have a buyer for the BeachBum Van : (

Kid Space & I have been associated with the MCF since 2005, when `Space got his 1st Monte Carlo. Between Space & I, we have posted close to 50K created threads or posts ( I only did 'bout 10% of them: ) + (many threads/posts were lost during the MCF net Crash of 2008). The MCF became part of our lives.
*( Thanks to Mod Taz >Lou for rebuilding the forum)

We've seen many member's come & `go for a multitude of reasons. It bothered `Space when a member would just depart & not say goodbye or why they left the MCF > like smoke in the air. Some I know had sold their Monte's, Some didn't get the attention they wanted, They were jealous of your Monte . Just like some phony friends that pass through your life.

We both have met some great people from all over the country & our world on the MCF. Thank You!
Special Thanks for our Super MCF Staff & active member's that make the MCF the best automotive forum on the web.
Thanks for having the BeachBums as member's.
Wish `all > Peace/Love & Happiness on your journey's of human `life!
EnJoy >Sincere >Thank You!

Last edited by BeachBumMike; 05-06-2015 at 04:06 PM. Reason: 2 correct mistake & say thanks 2 `All 4>Sure<
Old 05-06-2015, 11:16 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member

Thank you for your time and dedication to this forum Mike.

You will be greatly missed, and I wish you the best in all of your future endeavors!

You are always welcome back when you ever get the chance. Until we speak again!

Old 05-06-2015, 11:19 AM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Smile

Well that all makes me feel sad.
I was unaware of Space's situation.
I will say daily prayers for his fast recovery and for your safety as well.
I just spoke with my fan club and they also want to wish you well and asked me to attach a photo.
Good Luck in your future endeavors.

Attached Thumbnails &gt;&gt;Update &amp; Departure of BeachBumMike+-girlfans.jpg  

Last edited by drivernumber3; 05-06-2015 at 11:20 AM. Reason: photo
Old 05-06-2015, 11:21 AM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2012
Monte Of The Month -- December 2014
15 Year Member

Sorry to see you go BeachBumMike, alas you gotta do what's best for you. I wish you the very best, and hope to hear back from you periodically.

Send Space my best wishes on the recovery also if you would.

Take care.

Old 05-06-2015, 11:24 AM

Monte of the Month -- February 2015
Monte Of The Month -- April 2017
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

BBMike- Wow you sure will be missed and I sure hope you check in when you can!!!
Thanks you for everything you do and have done for the MCF!!!
I am praying that you & Space are back on the MCF in the future.
Good luck with your new location on the boats and on the islands!!

Old 05-06-2015, 11:34 AM

Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- June 2014
Monte Of The Month -- July 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Good luck in this new chapter in your life, it def won't be the same here without you around bummike

Old 05-06-2015, 12:22 PM
Monte Of The Month -- October 2015
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Goodbye BBMike Thanks for making me feel welcome here

Old 05-06-2015, 12:52 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Mike:
Please tell me its all a bunch of BS and your not going anywhere...

Both you and Space have been one of the constants here for me over the years.. Your posts, comments, jokes, videos and keeping us posted on whats happening in your part of the world with the bums/seniors/space rocket launchs surfing etc... Theres so much you both have given both personally and professionally to probably each and every one of us in one fashion or another... In absolute truth.. You both were one of the main reasons that kept me here.. when I first signed on. This is and will remain a very close nit group that is family friendly as well as user friendliness.

I consider everyone here part of "The MCF Family" and all that it implies and entails. That includes you both of course..whether your here or not..You will always be remembered as great contributors. to making this forum what it is today!
You need to find a way to atleast pop on and say hello even if its only for a moment and keep us apprised of your time waaay the "F" out there in the world that most or some of us will never see in our lifetime.

I don't ever say goodbye.. I just will say til next time my friends...
Pls PLs when you see space... Let him know Him and all of you will always be at the very least in my prayers nightly.... and wish him a fast recovery and god willing he will bounce back to once again enjoy life in the fashion he's accustom too..

God Bless...
Take care...
Peace/Out!

YOU 2 WILL BE MISSED!!!!
Please know we will miss your Beach Bum Family in every way shape and form.
Let them know ... Prayers all around..
Have a Great Life and most of all stay safe!

Thanks for everything..
Looks like December will be out of the question for our meet..

Last edited by STUMPMI; 05-06-2015 at 12:56 PM.
Old 05-06-2015, 01:00 PM

Monte of the Month -- February 2015
Monte Of The Month -- April 2017
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

Ok now David..I am sitting over here crying at work!!
BBMike See what you made David do?!?!?! You made him make me cry..so you must stay!!! LOL
Please get my email from my webpage below and please keep in contact so we know how things are going. Seriously, good luck with everything!!!

Old 05-06-2015, 02:53 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
15 Year Member

Totally unaware Space was even having medical issues, I thought he was off on one of his secret missions again. That explains his absence, stroke & coma, well that was not good.

You BeachBums as Dave stated were the forums constants, rain, hail, sun and snow, we just knew you two would be here keeping the forum's pulse alive and well.

Going to be a more subdued forum here for sure, who's going to fill your sandals? You men take care as best your lives will let you, nothing is forever as the saying goes.

In my mind I'm hearing waves rolling in and see them gently washing up onto the sandy beaches erasing your footprints as you all trot away, surfboards under your arms seeking new adventures. Best of luck our friends, "Rejoice in thy youth oh young man, for it is fleeting"... (From the bible as used on Platoon)

Go on out there and kick some butt and live on and on, your destiny awaits you...

The BeachBums... Gone but not forgotten!

Name:  P1060516.jpg
Views: 27
Size:  78.2 KB

Quick Reply: >>Update & Departure of BeachBumMike+