Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

U guys see the new HHR SS?

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2007, 09:42 PM
Default RE: U guys see the new HHR SS?

[quote]ORIGINAL: Taz

ORIGINAL: rj

It started life as an HHR.

It can end life as far as I'm concerned!!!!!

YIKES![sm=shootshoot.gif]

Can you Say BUTT UGLY
What an insult to the Classic 57 Chevy Nomad

Old 10-13-2007, 10:24 PM

Same here Taz... when my baby had it oil change done on it I counted 35 going back onto a car carrier. The dealer informed me that they were designed in part by the same fella that made the PT cruiser, and that it was a dumb idea.. It didnt work for Crysler.. Why the hell did Gm think it was going to work.. Notice how the PT isnt in the line up anymore with dodge?

http://www.seriouswheels.com/2004/20...p-1024x768.htm

Thats what I think, if chevy was going to bring home ANY station wagon it should have been the 1999 concept nomad.

http://www.seriouswheels.com/1990-19...y-1024x768.htm

I mean.. Gm has put out two fairly good station wagon concepts cince 1999 (so far as I know) and the HHR appears and someone picks it up. Bad move general. Again. Bad move.

Old 10-13-2007, 11:23 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

ORIGINAL: gale155

I think Chevy has definately overused the SS nameplate, but it's not alone in that respect. Look at some of the junk Chrysler has badged as an R/T in recent years. And,the execs at Lincoln have completely lost their minds - MKX, MKZ, Mark LT!?! Heads hopefully rolled over that mess. Does anyone remember the 170 hp SVT Focus from just a few years ago? Unbelievable.

I think the HHR is OK for what it is, but to stick an SS badge onit is just plain silly. Personally, I think the top execs at GM, Ford and Chrysler have all lost their minds for some reason...there simply is no other explanation fortheir nitwittery. And they wonder why they're going bankrupt?
You wanna talk about lost their mind...
Remember this?
What the hell was he thinking?

Old 10-14-2007, 12:23 AM

Hey! I remember those.. Heh heh hehe.. Whole new breed of muscle car (all 2.2L of it)

Old 10-14-2007, 05:41 AM

I remember the Shelby Chargers quite well...in fact, I thought about buying one. As I recall, it was rated at 107 hp, and had a 0-60 time of somewhere around 9 or 10 seconds. I ended up buying a non-Shelby Charger (for the wife), which turned out to be one of the biggest POS we've ever owned. However, ALL American cars were junk back then - a sad era in U.S. automotive history that began in 1977, IMO.

Old 10-14-2007, 10:52 AM

They have been mis useing the SS plates for years sorry to say it but it is true they havent made to much that is worthy as far as i have seen.
when they got rid of the 396 and 454 under the hoods of the SS it was over.

oh and ummm taz the tail fins on that thing are the rear fenders from a 57 chevy . most likly the nomad or wagon repop 1/4 panne.s

Old 10-14-2007, 03:01 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

They better be re-pop tail fins on that fugly HHR - '57 Chevy.

I seriously doubt any reputable Tri-5 vendor would have sold the builder the parts if they;d have known what the parts were intended for?
Store help. "Yes may I help you guys?"
Buyers. "Sure. We'd like to buy some parts for our "57 Chevy"
(nudging each other and trying not to laugh as they stand there knowing what the parts will be used for)
Store help. "Okay guys. That totals to $9,879.99. Will that be cash or charge?"

Hey don't knock the Chargers. Okay the 1980s Chargers. I brought one back from the brink of death. Got the car for $75. The owner was getting ready to junk it. Mainly cause his daughter has bounced it off the divider wall on I-75 on snowy night. First impact was the front end, spun and got the pass side rear quarter. These people also shredded both front seats, the door panels and the headliner.
(must have been the sex parties they had in the car?)

I towed it home, got it running again, bought parts off an '81 Charger at the local salvage yard same color as my Charger and drove it another 9 years. Till the back floor pan rusted so bad the rear straight axil kept trying to come out from under the car.

But it was a decent car. I replaced every part it was missing thanks to the '82 Horizon my youngest sister gave me and the cars at the loca salvage yards.

Old 10-14-2007, 03:04 PM

I wouldnt mind havin those seats transplanted into my ride.

Old 10-14-2007, 06:14 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

A friend of mine had an '85 Shelby Charger with the seats the same as those but black and grey. They look like racing seats, but are far from it.
They looked cool, but weren't really designed that well for holding you in the seat in corners. Even with a seatbelt on. They're typical for 1980's styling.

Besides...you'd have to come up with some story explaining why your seats have "CS" stitched in them.

Old 10-14-2007, 09:11 PM

It says 0-50 in 5.5 seconds ...

Quick Reply: U guys see the new HHR SS?