Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

A twist on anger

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2008, 10:37 AM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: A twist on anger

life is the longest thing you will do in your entire life. how is it short?

Old 01-05-2008, 10:50 AM

ORIGINAL: Cowboy6622

life is the longest thing you will do in your entire life. how is it short?
Space Thoughts
[:-]
Duane, I think life is short in the big picture of all.
Space will take Eternity, for
Eternity as a timeless existence 4-Ever : )
`Space 08

Old 01-05-2008, 10:54 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Life is short because you really don't know exactly how long you have. If you keep saying, "someday I'll do this..." but keep putting it off, before you know it the opportunity has passed. One thing you can never get back is time. For example, you can only experiencelife as an 18 year old once. When it's gone, that's it. No second chances. Which kinda relates to one of the other threads about thinking "What if?"

But back on topic here...

My opinion on the quote. I think it's saying that once anger sets in, objectivity goes out the window and that person becomes more stubborn in their thinking. They are not likely to admit they're wrong once anger has set in.

Old 01-06-2008, 12:28 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- December 2007

The MOST POWERFUL of Motivators
SELF PRESERVATION
FEAR
& LOVE

Anger is driven out of Fear
Fear is driven out of Love or Self-Preservation

Old 01-06-2008, 07:01 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I love my Monte(s) and fear someone may own them other then me which will make me angery.

Old 01-06-2008, 11:18 PM

Ya know guys, i know this isn't exactly related, but in a sense it is. When think about the whole saying "life is short" keep in mind this SCIENTIFIC theory
Given that both of the following are true: Time is infinite and Space is infinite then the following MUST be trust
If time and space are both infinite than any and ALL things MUST happen... eventually...

Old 01-07-2008, 06:02 PM

For those who don't believe that life is short, just wait a few years - you'll see. In my youth, I recall that "time" seemed to pass at a snail's pace. Sometimes this was a good thing (summers), and sometimes it was bad (school, military, etc).

I don't recall exactly when it happened, but at some point the passage of time seemed to accelerate...perhaps it was in my 40's. Today, at 55, time seems to fly by at an unbelievable pace. I've led an unusually-full life, and have experienced just about everything there is to experience (or at least everything I want to experience). It has been suggested by some that a "full life" can cause the illusion of time passing faster, and I am beginning tobelievethat theoryhas some merit.

Quick Reply: A twist on anger