Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: Tuesday, October 1st, 2013

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2013, 07:12 AM

Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- June 2014
Monte Of The Month -- July 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Morning space! glad we are back to the blog everyday

Weather looks we for south/pacific northwest but the country's temps are much aobve average! Looks nice n warm for the rest of the week!

Old 10-01-2013, 07:15 AM

Mornin guys. Sorry I've been out. It's been pretty busy for me lately. I've made it in to post my picks for the MCF NASCAR Fantasy league but that's been about all I've had time to do.

Hope y'all are doing well. Had an interview in Oklahoma last week and am waiting to see if I get a job offer. If I don't get one there then I have another possibility as well.

Anyway, y'all have a good one.

Old 10-01-2013, 08:01 AM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Good Morning EV1!

Today is not a good day for americans!
Despite a "partial" Government shut down.... Obama care is still in effect!
I guess the petition to repeal Obama care didn't work? This topic just makes me mad... Im not wanting to turn this into a political debate....!!!!
Im just venting.. How dare the government "FORCE" you to buy health care that's run by the Government???? I know plenty of people that can hardly pay there bills! How are they suppose to pay an added burden of health care? The economy is already in a downward spiral...cost of living is thru the roof.... on top of that they can penalize you financially for not participating! Im done...

Woke up this morning with a sore throat...and feeling Ill... This is certainly going to put a dampner on our Halloween camping weekend...
To top it off.... Its suppose to rain Friday and Saturday! We will be returning home on Sunday.

Have a Great Day EV1!

Old 10-01-2013, 08:05 AM

Hi Sgt `Drew,
That's no excuse > Report immediately to K.P for a week LOL

Hi `Drew, wish you the best of luck on getting the `job that you applied for I hope it all works `out & that you can get back home.
I (we) understand that life get's busy 4-Sure. Wish you the best.
=============================================
Hi `Devin, when is your next day `off & do you have any more car meets/shows planned. I can't keep `up with all the shows lately, but I've sure have enjoyed all yours & member's pictures. I'm looking forward to working less & being able to attend or participate in auto shows in my future....Until then > I shall just continue to dream

Wish you & Member's a Super New Day & Month & `Life

Old 10-01-2013, 08:11 AM

Hi Mod `David,
I can sure relate to your frustrations with our Government 4-Sure.
I can't believe these Clowns & their games.

I hope that "we the people" get involved & choose better leaders.
I'm so confused by this health plan & have been researching it for our company and employee's + doing research for my senior citizen friends. It gives me a headache 4-Sure.

I hope that you can rest today & feel better b-4 you depart on your camping trip. Take good care of yourself `OK

"Don't watch or read any news" >

Old 10-01-2013, 08:24 AM

Good morning to all. Suppose to reach a high of 79 F in Northwest Ohio today .... glad I have a desk job with a window so that I can see the great weather I will be missing.

Government Shutdown

People abuse the system so the "MAN" has to step in... result is Obama Care...

Come on people be more self-efficient and get back to working hard rather than taking advantage of the system. There are people that work hard and fight for this country, that become injured and have to live with issues the rest of their life. These people deserve support, not the lazy people in America.

Old 10-01-2013, 08:26 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2010
10 Year Member

Good Morning Everyone!

Personally, I'm not a fan of the whole Obama care thing either...mainly because when then penalties start hitting for employers...its going to affect business pretty harshly for my company. But like every other American and American Business out there, we will figure out a way to deal with it, pass the cost off to our customers and hope we don't loose customers to competition (fortunately, competition is dealt the same deck of cards).

Old 10-01-2013, 08:29 AM

Good morning everyone, i am back to school, spent all day yesterday at the DMV getting my tags reinstated, procrasination is going to be the death of me...lol.

Old 10-01-2013, 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by STUMPMI
Woke up this morning with a sore throat...and feeling Ill... This is certainly going to put a dampner on our Halloween camping weekend...
To top it off.... Its suppose to rain Friday and Saturday! We will be returning home on Sunday.

Have a Great Day EV1!

Hope your not camping in a National Park... it might be closed with the government shutdown. Wonder if State Parks would close too? Nevermind, it doesn't matter because no one will be there to tell you they are closed.

Old 10-01-2013, 08:40 AM
Monte Of The Month -- December 2010
Monte Of The Month -- November 2014

Checking in early today. Not many people showed for my yard sale this past weekend, didn't make enough money to get a portable garage yet. On a better note, my springs have arrived! Will be lowering her this weekend! Had other plans for the weekend also, but supposed to rain both days again.

Quick Reply: Member's BLOG: Tuesday, October 1st, 2013