Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2013, 01:51 PM

Monte Of The Month -- May 2013
1 Year Member

Ok. The Monte has been clean now for 72 + hours. Now my wife wanted to go grocery shopping. Well since her car won't be back till late Thursday. I was going to drive her! Checked the radar and NOPE! Not yet Honey. Rain is just to the west of us. 5 mins later it's poring outside GOOD CALL RICK . We can wait for the rds to dry up a bit before we try this again

Old 05-28-2013, 02:28 PM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Managed to remount my jarhead trunk panel(was too low and soaked up water when it rained) and that was all for today. Ran some errands, now i'd like to sleep. This rain is making me tired.

Old 05-28-2013, 02:31 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by MnteCrloSS47
Here's a crazy video of a storm chaser getting inside a monster Wedge tornado!
the storm chasers use a vehicle called Tiv2 (Tornado intercept vehicle)
They had a show on discovery channel.

Anyways, real cool video! violent!
It's a EF3- EF4 tornado mile wide!
So it's pushing near 166 MPH winds!

5/27/2013 TIV2 (Tornado Intercept Vehicle) Is Hit By WEDGE Tornado in Kansas - YouTube

TIV2.
Devin:
Looks to me like they are darn lucky not to be ran into like by a flying car or truck and super large size debree!

Old 05-28-2013, 02:33 PM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2012
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by MnteCrloSS47
Here's a crazy video of a storm chaser getting inside a monster Wedge tornado!
the storm chasers use a vehicle called Tiv2 (Tornado intercept vehicle)
This morning one of the local stations showed some video from inside a storm chaser vehicle and it got it's roof torn off! Can you imagine the adrenaline rush (and the amount of debris left in your shorts) that would induce? I tried to find the video but couldn't. However I did find some video of the tornado as it approached Moore. Part 2 is the news crew following it as it passes through town. Watching it sure gives you a renewed respect for Mother Nature when she gets pissed!

Here's the video:

Old 05-28-2013, 02:42 PM

5 Year Member

Good Afternoon EV1!
Were home from Camping....It was nice to get away for a cpl days..
Sunday... It was a perfect sunshiny day! Great for camping... The park was Jammed full to the 9's! Got to watch a bunch of freighters going up and down the STClair river. You dont see that everyday!

Monday???
Whered the warm sunshiny weather go? It was in the 50's and damp...
We stil managed a few laps around the campgrounds....There was like a 5 hr wait at the dump station... Good thing we waited to come home today!!!!
Monday night was nothing but heavy downpours... Good thing we packed up most everything knowing we were leaveing today.... Cause it came down in Buckets! So, the mrs and I resolved our selves to some Movies,Spirits and Yahtzee... (Adult Style) hehehehehehe
Before turning in for the night.... This morning the rain stopped just long enough for us to get hooked up and emptied at the dump station not a minute to soon! as we were leaveing the rain started pouring down once again...

By the time we hit the inner city of Detroit heading home... It finally was letting up....Once we arrived home it stopped once again...So we got the camper unpacked, Camper reparked in the Back yard.... Got the scooter out of the back of the truck and the tonneau cover re snapped up (Wish I had 1 that folds up)... I guess maybe nexttime... Lizzys still catchn up on the Laundry, Went Grocery Shopping, All the while I took a 2 1/2 hr nap. While she was gone....

I did however, get my confirmation from the NMCOA that I am officially Registerd for the Show! WoHooooooo!
Is it June yet?

Have a Great Day EV1!

Old 05-28-2013, 04:55 PM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2013
10 Year Member

good evening everyone Rough inventory today...part of it I had to break out my 'man' muscles as I like to call them and yank out old car batterys from shelves that are 6 ft deep to be counted. Its crazy what I was pulling out! some of these things are from 2006!

Home now relaxing..noticed one of my angel plants had mites again. It happens every year. Washed out the roots and re-planted in the pot with fresh soil.....when I opened my bag of soil look at what I found.....more plants in the bag!

Old 05-28-2013, 05:03 PM

5 Year Member

Originally Posted by Red Nightmare
good evening everyone Rough inventory today...part of it I had to break out my 'man' muscles as I like to call them and yank out old car batterys from shelves that are 6 ft deep to be counted. Its crazy what I was pulling out! some of these things are from 2006!

Home now relaxing..noticed one of my angel plants had mites again. It happens every year. Washed out the roots and re-planted in the pot with fresh soil.....when I opened my bag of soil look at what I found.....more plants in the bag!
They say:
It isnt nice to fool Mother Nature!
Looks like Mother Nature had a surprise for you!

Old 05-28-2013, 05:11 PM
Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2015
10 Year Member

Evening everyone.

Checking back in real quick after a long weekend up North at the lake. Made it back home around 11:30am this morning. I'm exhausted but it was nice to have a few days to relax and not have to work.

We're in for some severe weather this evening, and we actually have some tornado warnings as we speak.

Old 05-28-2013, 05:15 PM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2013
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by STUMPMI
They say:
It isnt nice to fool Mother Nature!
Looks like Mother Nature had a surprise for you!
yes it did! I was suprised...those seeds were leftover from a pot that I thought had failed plants. I switched another plant into that pot since it was bigger and saved the extra dirt. the plant is looking a whole lot better in just a few hours.

Old 05-28-2013, 05:19 PM

5 Year Member

Originally Posted by Red Nightmare
yes it did! I was suprised...those seeds were leftover from a pot that I thought had failed plants. I switched another plant into that pot since it was bigger and saved the extra dirt. the plant is looking a whole lot better in just a few hours.
Im ventureing a guess....
Your one of those green thumb people.

Me? Not so much....
I killed a chia pet plant ahahahahahahaha

Quick Reply: Member's BLOG: Tuesday, May 28, 2013