Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: Tuesday, June 12, 2012 < Check In

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2012, 08:46 AM

Enjoy the rest of your vacation!

Old 06-12-2012, 08:50 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Hi `Mitch, thanks for checking in & making us all jealous Great picture for those with a foot fetish what happened to your other leg (LOL) I hope a shark didn't have lunch ? LOL

Waves are breaking good enough to hit some waves..Are you doing any surf'in ? Look forward to more updates & pictures...Wish you a SuperSuper Fun Good Time 4-Sure

Old 06-12-2012, 08:55 AM

One of the few things that require coordination that I am not very good at is surfing and skateboarding. I've never tried snowboarding so I wouldn't know. I used to be handy with a bodyboard though so I'm not sure why I couldn't surf or skateboard well. I'm usually very well coordinated and well balanced too which confuses me even more.

Old 06-12-2012, 08:56 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by trewyn15
Hey guys just checking in here from paradise haha I have 2 more days left we leave on thursday. I'm starting to miss my car and have been ordering parts left and right since we got here lol hope everyone is doing good and has a good week!

Enjoy your vacation Mitch. If I was on the beach with a view like that (minus your foot of course - yuck! lol), I wouldn't be missing my car at all. Enjoy man!

Edit: oh yeah, thanks guys for the well wishes. I'll need it.

Last edited by Taz; 06-12-2012 at 08:57 AM. Reason: added edit
Old 06-12-2012, 08:59 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by SupplySgt
One of the few things that require coordination that I am not very good at is surfing and skateboarding. I've never tried snowboarding so I wouldn't know. I used to be handy with a bodyboard though so I'm not sure why I couldn't surf or skateboard well. I'm usually very well coordinated and well balanced too which confuses me even more.

Maybe a trip to Florida, and a few lessons from Space are in order?

Old 06-12-2012, 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by Taz
Maybe a trip to Florida, and a few lessons from Space are in order?

Maybe `Lou, if I can ever get some time `off to get to the `Beach...I really miss living on the beach and by the ocean
Only five more months & 18 days until I'm off my double night shift contract... WoW I'll get my life back or more personal time for some `fun at the `Beach...
"Life is a Beach"

Old 06-12-2012, 09:12 AM

Space, I may take you up on a potential offer to surfing lessons once you're off double shifts. Maybe with the right teacher (instead of teaching myself like I do with most things such as playing musical instruments and car work), I'll pick it up better! Although, teaching myself how to play guitar and drums did work pretty well. Same with the car work. However, I may need a teacher for something like surfing.

Old 06-12-2012, 09:38 AM

Hi `Drew, I don't think with your abilities + military training that you would have any problems at all learning to `surf.

The Atlantic waves are not that big compared to the Pacific coast waves...Unless there's a hurricane in Florida, or strong tropical storms (then they get huge, but difficult).

My BeachBum friends I grew up with work for the same company as I, but work at the docks at the Port & live now in Cocoa Beach. They still hit the waves a lot & would also be willing to help you learn...I seen that BeachBum `Mike logged in yesterday when he was here to bring me a care package from our senior citizen friends...I don't remember, but in his post he said that I fell asleep at my desk & he threw me in bed & set my Siren Alarm Clock (LOL)..

Now, I just skateboard around the warehouse, but my boss insist that I wear a helmet...It's lots of fun 4 me..

Wish you & member's a SuperSuper Day ~>EnJoy

Old 06-12-2012, 10:52 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2011
Monte Of The Month -- April 2014
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

good morning everyone. Just a quick hello kind of hectic at the office today grbbing a quick lunch

Old 06-12-2012, 10:58 AM

Monte Of The Month -- May 2013
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by trewyn15
Hey guys just checking in here from paradise haha I have 2 more days left we leave on thursday. I'm starting to miss my car and have been ordering parts left and right since we got here lol hope everyone is doing good and has a good week!

Reminds me of that Zack Brown song. Toes in the water *** in the sand and a cold PBR in my hand

Quick Reply: Member's BLOG: Tuesday, June 12, 2012 < Check In