Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: Tuesday, July 23rd,2013

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2013, 08:15 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

morning all, I'm thinking of trading the Monte for a BMW

Probably not though, I love my car too much haha

Old 07-23-2013, 08:26 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2010
10 Year Member

Good Morning Everyone!!!

Old 07-23-2013, 08:27 AM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Good Morning EV1!
Devin:
Thanks for starting the Daily Blog!

Its Raining...again in Michigan...sheesh...Yesterday was a busy day...
Lawn,edgeing, weed wacking... and BAGWORM dead shrub removal!
The Bagworms killed 5 of my 5 yr old evergreens! Theres a C-note down the toilet! Going to Aco to pick up some BT pesticide to finish killing them off. To try to save the few remaining Evergreens we have left! I did want to Wash and Wax the Monte Today! A neighbor gave me his Buffer a cpl days ago... So putting the wax on is the easy part...hand rubbing it off...
Is a whole other issue! But now that I have this buffer...should be a piece of cake! (Hopefully).

A neighbor has a Cadillac he wants me to put on Craigslist for him today as well... Since its garage kept Its owned by his Father..(WHICH IS IN IMMACULATE CONDITION) There selling there home here. and going to live out the rest of there lives in Arizona in there winter home. Just waiting on him to give me the pictures and added info to submit the ad for him...

Ok time for coffee....
Have a Great Day EV1!

Originally Posted by 06mistreSS
Good morning everyone.

R.E. Olds Car Capital Auto Show in Lansing is coming up this Sunday. Tadd and I will be meeting up for that one.

I did get out last night and was able to get some good shots of the car. I'll let my signature pics be a preview for now, but I think I'm taking more later this week so I'll wait and post all of them at the same time.

Also, at Monte Nationals my car was selected to be featured in NMCOA's monthly magazine, so I need to start putting together my info for a feature. I had been thinking of featuring the car before but since it was selected I'm a little more anxious now to get it in the magazine. That's been on hold since the Nats because I've been meaning to get out and shoot new pictures of the car, so I can submit some good recent shots.
Matt:
Mine also was selected....(I have no idea why) Since I didn't win....anything at the show...
Like you... Ive been doing other things since the Monte Nats!
I do believe.... There were photos taken at the Nationals by the Magazine photographer specifically for our articles!

Im going to give John a call and see if that's the case....
I too would love some nicer Pictures of Mine to submit... Incase they may want some others for the article... Unfortunately its raining today..
I did however,
On Saturday receive my Monthly Magazine for June.

Last edited by STUMPMI; 07-23-2013 at 09:04 AM.
Old 07-23-2013, 08:51 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2016
10 Year Member

Morning all, been a while, been busy, work, detailing after work, gf filling up the calender with random stuff, I gatta get back in the habbit of checking in

Old 07-23-2013, 09:05 AM

5 Year Member

Originally Posted by Budsjlm
Morning all, been a while, been busy, work, detailing after work, gf filling up the calender with random stuff, I gatta get back in the habbit of checking in

You can say that again...Justin!

Hey:
We still on for August at Ricks?????

Old 07-23-2013, 09:07 AM
Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2015
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by STUMPMI
Matt:
Mine also was selected....(I have no idea why) Since I didn't win....anything at the show...
Like you... Ive been doing other things since the Monte Nats!
I do believe.... There were photos taken at the Nationals by the Magazine photographer specifically for our articles!
Yeah I've been busy as well.

From what I've read, I'm pretty sure you have to submit your own pictures and information/story of your car for a magazine feature. You should have received an envelope of info for a magazine feature (directly from John at the show). Read through that; it explains what you need to do. The pictures they were taking are to feature the show as a whole, not individual cars. The features in the magazine are like a story of each car; the Club needs that information from the owner to do that thus the owner needs to supply that info as well as any pictures.

Last edited by 06mistreSS; 07-23-2013 at 09:13 AM.
Old 07-23-2013, 10:02 AM

5 Year Member

Originally Posted by 06mistreSS
Yeah I've been busy as well.

From what I've read, I'm pretty sure you have to submit your own pictures and information/story of your car for a magazine feature. You should have received an envelope of info for a magazine feature (directly from John at the show). Read through that; it explains what you need to do. The pictures they were taking are to feature the show as a whole, not individual cars. The features in the magazine are like a story of each car; the Club needs that information from the owner to do that thus the owner needs to supply that info as well as any pictures.

After having re read the info provided by John at the Show...
Theres nothing saying sending additional pictures will be needed?
Did they also add an sticker to your window placard? For the Mags Photographer to take Specific photos of your Monte?
I did call john and got his voice mail...So I'm awaiting a return phone call.
I just want to be sure that I get all the info correct as far as my submission. Never having done anything like this before...(Probably be the first and last time I will ever be asked to do this!) lol.
Granted,
My quality of Photos wont be anywhere near what you can do Matt...
But, I am only able to do so much with the camera I have....
I'm considering doing a few Pics with the DieCast I ordered. I should have it by Saturday at the Latest.. As long as its Nice out and I have the Monte rewaxed by then... All I will need is to find a Great Location to the Photo Shoot! Im considering going to the WYC (Wyandotte Yacht Club) Theres some Great Views there with the River/Yachts in the Back Ground!

Last edited by STUMPMI; 07-23-2013 at 10:04 AM.
Old 07-23-2013, 10:26 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2016
10 Year Member

You can say that again...Justin!

Hey:
We still on for August at Ricks?????
For sure

Old 07-23-2013, 11:30 AM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2013
10 Year Member

so....as always I give up and had to hobble my way to a mechanic to finish the job..
Lounging away at work right now, waiting for one of our commercial shops to finish up with the car. I broke one of the bracket bolts to the trailing arm as I was unscrewing it...I don't have anything to back it out ): Oh well..atleast I'm not cringing on the cash flow right now.

Old 07-23-2013, 11:38 AM
Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2015
10 Year Member

After having re read the info provided by John at the Show...
Theres nothing saying sending additional pictures will be needed?
Did they also add an sticker to your window placard? For the Mags Photographer to take Specific photos of your Monte?
I did call john and got his voice mail...So I'm awaiting a return phone call.
Yes I got a sticker on my placard. I'll take another look at the info in the envelope when I get home, but let me know what John says. I know right in the magazine itself it mentions what is necessary to get a feature in the magazine, so that's what I'm going off of. I'm assuming it's the same deal.

Quick Reply: Member's BLOG: Tuesday, July 23rd,2013