Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: Tuesday, December 18th 2012

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2012 | 10:36 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

got a call from the HR guy at hayward labs this morning (had a job interview with them a couple of weeks back). talked to him for a bit, the position he had originally interviewed me for had been filled but they had another open up, that is higher paying by roughly $2.00 an hour, much closer to the wage i was looking for. plus all the same company benifits, and it's 2nd shift (which is my preferred working hours). i'm excited to say the least, now i just gotta kick this dang cold!

Old 12-18-2012 | 10:41 AM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
3 Year Member1 Year Member
5 Year Member

Good morning EV1!
looks like I also have some sorta bug..not feeling well..
Maybe its some kinda stress from the last few days taking its toll on me.

HAVE A GREAT DAY EV1!

Old 12-18-2012 | 10:57 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2011
Monte Of The Month -- April 2014
5 Year Member

Afternnon friends! Lunch at the office today. Snow maker coming in??? "Iam dreamin of a white christmas!" Sure hope we have snow for christmas. We watched "red Ryder" last night with mom (no I didn't shoot my eye out)

You all have a great day! Happy holidays everone!

Old 12-18-2012 | 11:59 AM
Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2015
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by Leprechaun93
A 2 month lease? never heard of that before Morning all, just getting home from a 10 hour work day, long one for sure. Time for a recharge, have a good day all
Haha I didn't even catch that one... a 2 YEAR lease. Also considering a 3 year depending on expenses.

I think I'm leaning toward Black Granite Metallic or Cyber Gray Metallic for color, and leather interior.

Old 12-18-2012 | 01:46 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2011
5 Year Member

Clue me in guys! Why would anyone ever lease a car? I have never figured that one out. Wouldn't want to be just throwing my money away with nothing to show for it. Maybe I am missing something.

Seems like a lot of us are sick. It is like synchronized coughing around here.

Old 12-18-2012 | 02:21 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by 77gp
Clue me in guys! Why would anyone ever lease a car? I have never figured that one out. Wouldn't want to be just throwing my money away with nothing to show for it. Maybe I am missing something.
If you want a guaranteed different car every 2-3 years, it's cheaper to pay a low monthly rate for a lease, than a higher rate for an auto-loan.

Old 12-18-2012 | 03:24 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by Tadcaster
Afternnon friends! Lunch at the office today. Snow maker coming in??? "Iam dreamin of a white christmas!" Sure hope we have snow for christmas. We watched "red Ryder" last night with mom (no I didn't shoot my eye out)

You all have a great day! Happy holidays everone!
GOOD THING YOU DIDNT SHOOT YUR EYE OUT. . PLS PLS...DONT RUN WITH SCISSORS! LOL

Old 12-18-2012 | 03:48 PM

Monte Of The Month -- May 2013
1 Year Member

Good afternoon everyone . Just rolled out of bed about 30 mins ago. I have one more nite at work. Then I'm off till MAY 2013 !. I didn't do that much last night. I think i' might do less tonight . It hasn't hit me yet as how close we are to leaving for a wammer climate in 7 days I'm sure we'll both start getting all excitied this weekend. Then were suppose to have everything layed out in the spare room. On what were taking with us. I swear I need a pick up truck for all we need.. maybe when we get back I'll look for one. Talk about leasing a car! I did that back when I worked at G.M. But I never had to put and ca$h down. And the salesman I was working with. Not sure how he was doing this. But about a dozen of us got cars from him for yrs. I had 2 New cars or trucks a yrs. There was a time i had 2 brand new Suburbans at once. NO $$$ down. Wife had the white one. I had a black one. Both were fully eq'ed leather every toy on it. $ 350 a month. But that was back in the mid 90's. Did that for close to 6 yrs. Theirs more to this story then I can say. But it was great for us that dealt with him. Good leases are ones with NO $$ down. Only thing that hurts is the miles you can put on them. If you keep leaseing then it might be Ok if your only putting $$ down once. Then i'd keep leaseing a car every 2 or 3 yrs. Also your insunace is higher on a lease car.Plus I think you can buy miles. Not sure on that. Ok almost dinner time. Good luck with the lease. C ya......

Old 12-18-2012 | 08:28 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member

Evening all - went to Best Buy last night and got my phone - Galaxy S lll for $50 woo hoo. I was up till 1am setting it all up - much nicer than my Droid X.
Sapphire now has his snow shoes on - ready for the snow that's coming - don't know for sure how much we are going to get. I will try and take some pics the next time he is clean and it's nice out.

Old 12-18-2012 | 08:50 PM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member

Phone sounds nice amy, good deal too. Evening all, 42 and windy here. Off to work soon. currently it'll be a 50 hour work week by friday. I think this place would work me 7 days a week if they could

Quick Reply: Member's BLOG: Tuesday, December 18th 2012