Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: Tuesday, August 09, 2011

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2011, 08:08 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Good Morning Everyone!

Old 08-09-2011, 08:19 AM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2012

Good morning

I hope everyone has a good day! Pretty slow again here at work so I hopped on MCF to run through the new posts!

Have fun with your new toys Mike! Sound like some good purchases. Don't forget to post pics!

Old 08-09-2011, 08:24 AM

I have a lot to do today and all this week. Preparations for the beach vacation. Pace Car needs front rotors and oil changed. Plus there are so many other things around here to do. It's a lot of WORK to go on vacation.

Old 08-09-2011, 08:53 AM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Some vacations are more work than it seems worth especially going camping, depending on if you have a tent, trailer or motorhome it can be quite the task gettin set up.

As usual not too much here today, monte is getting an interior detailing done later, then i have work this afternoon.

Old 08-09-2011, 08:57 AM

Morning All,

Space - Interesting pic today. Kinda weird, a little dark. I like it.

Got caught in a wicked storm on the bike yesterday leaving a meeting across town. I think my cell phone may have fallen out of my pocket while scrambling to put on my rain gear. Can't find it anywhere. Crap... I'll head back over there today to see if it's lying on the ground where I parked. If it's there, it will likely be trashed from water damage or possibly crunched to pieces under a tire.

Ordered new tires for the bike this morning. Riding home in the rain yesterday convinced me that my tread is dead. Or dead enough that it can't sufficiently move water out of the way. NOT a good feeling when the front end starts to get a mind of it's own.

Old 08-09-2011, 09:26 AM

Morning friends, colleages, and mcfers!

Working as always, (seems as its the story of my life lately)

Looking at new struts and springs for eleanor.

I found some progressive coil, stock ride height springs meant for heavy towing... I had some on my old car and it used to hug the corners, I'm wondering if the same would work here.

Also, what is the differance between kyb struts and monroe struts?

Old 08-09-2011, 12:52 PM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2012

Originally Posted by Tadcaster
Sorry to say Mike I think your memory stick is toast.
Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep
Mike, the only thing I can think is to reformat the stick, but you'll lose every picture. Those goodies sound like a good buy
Originally Posted by zzapultimate
Have fun with your new toys Mike! Sound like some good purchases. Don't forget to post pics!
I'm thinking it's toast also. It just pisses me off not only because it's a brand new memory stick, but mostly because it has all the pics on it from the Nationals. What I really don't understand is I reviewed the pics when we got home that night and it worked fine. Now it won't work in the camera or the computer.

Yeah, it was time to drop a little coin on the Monte...lol. When everything gets here I'll get it installed and post some pics. I know my memory stick that has the pics of the Monte on it still works - I checked it again this morning.

Old 08-09-2011, 01:14 PM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

Afternoon everyone, not much goin on here kind of a lazy day

Old 08-09-2011, 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by augi
... Also, what is the differance between kyb struts and monroe struts?
Hey Dustin - I use Monroe's on my old Jag. They provide a nice firm ride, very little roll in high speed corners.

I've never used KYB's. But I've read they're about 10% stiffer than stock. Unless you upgrade to the adjustable ones; then you can adjust significantly stiffer than stock.

Old 08-09-2011, 04:05 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009

afternoon everyone. not much going on here, had a couple of lawn jobs to do last week then this weekend i got to hang out with some old friends, and went to bushkill falls. i had forgotten what a nice place that is, amazing it's just up the road and i havint been there in over 7 years!

also got my big lawn tractor fixed so that's good news.

Quick Reply: Member's BLOG: Tuesday, August 09, 2011