Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

TSA to patrol U.S. highways soon.......

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2012, 11:30 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default TSA to patrol U.S. highways soon.......

Well it looks like the time of being able to travel around the U.S. anonymously will be coming to an end. Seems as though the TSA wants the authority to conduct random roadblocks and stop automobile travellers for questioning. "Vhere ist du travel papers?" Could be something you may have to produce. They want to move from the train stations and airports onto our highways... Who here either agrees or disagrees with this new move? I disagree as it would seem we are all suspect until we can prove to their satisifaction we are not....... Soviet style permission to travel from one state to the next coming soon??

The application was tucked away on page 71431 of Volume 77, Number 231 of the Federal Register (November 30). It was surrounded by soporific references to forwarding "the new Information Collection Request (ICR) abstracted below to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and approval under the Paperwork Reduction Act (PRA)."
Wendy McElroy | Wed, Dec 12, 2012

The Transportation Security Administration (TSA) is tightening its grip on domestic travcel. I don't mean the random, unpredictable security checks at bus, subway and train stations which already exist. I mean a coordinated and systematic police control of internal travel within America. Groundwork is being laid

The application for funding from the TSA constitutes a preliminary step toward systematically expanding TSA's authority from airports to highways and almost every other means of public travel. The expansion would erase one of the last remaining differences between the US and a total police state; namely, the ability to travel internally without being under police surveillance. The total police state you experience at airports wants to spill into roads and bus stops, to subways and trains. Or, rather, the TSA wants to solidify and spread the fledgling and erratic presence it already has.

Airport-style control of travel within America is coming. Some would argue it has been here for decades in the form of speed limits. But what's coming is different in kind. The unmarked police cars hiding in bushes are after your money; the uniformed TSA agents and their "partners" want your freedom, your obedience, and control of your life.
" The article went on to describe how TSA personnel "took over" an Amtrak station on their own authority and "thoroughly searched every person who entered." But TSA agents in whatever guise are coming to the highway, bus stop and train station you frequent.In other words, get ready for TSA agents to be groping Grandma on the interstate.

Last edited by ZIPPY02; 12-15-2012 at 11:58 PM.
Old 12-15-2012, 11:42 PM

I don't agree with this. But then it hold some good results when it comes to the crime that travels these road ways. But to have to be subject to searches and questioned, I agree that that is not cool. Plus I believe that they don't have the funds or the man power to go that far. That is a good idea in theory, but it is a lot of work. Nice try, but their desperation is making them not think straight...IMO.

Old 12-15-2012, 11:46 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Meh, they won't get my papers and I'll be on my way lol

Old 12-15-2012, 11:54 PM
Monte Of The Year 2012
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by trewyn15
Meh, they won't get my papers and I'll be on my way lol
LOL, nice, make a run for it............. Might not happen in a big way anytime soon, yet in 5 to 10 years who knows what we will have to do in order to travel to see grandma or take a vacation......

Old 12-15-2012, 11:57 PM
Monte Of The Year 2012
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by werewolf-odst
I don't agree with this. But then it hold some good results when it comes to the crime that travels these road ways. But to have to be subject to searches and questioned, I agree that that is not cool. Plus I believe that they don't have the funds or the man power to go that far. That is a good idea in theory, but it is a lot of work. Nice try, but their desperation is making them not think straight...IMO.
Excerpt from the article:
Now it seems the TSA is looking to run its own “security-related assessments” on highways without the involvement of law enforcement.
Last year, the TSA was responsible for over 9,000 checkpoints across the United States, a number set to increase thanks to the agency’s bloated budget and its expansion beyond anything vaguely related to transportation. Since its inception in the US after 9/11, the TSA has grown in size exponentially. On the face of it, the “security assessments” involve TSA officials telling transportation organizations what security measures they should adopt as part of the Highway Baseline Assessment for Security Enhancement (BASE) Program. It doesn’t take a genius to figure out what measures the TSA is likely to recommend – more “security assessments” that require more TSA agents and more funding for the federal agency

Last edited by ZIPPY02; 12-16-2012 at 06:16 AM.
Old 12-16-2012, 12:00 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by ZIPPY02
LOL, nice, make a run for it............. Might not happen in a big way anytime soon, yet in 5 to 10 years who knows what we will have to do in order to travel to see grandma or take a vacation......
haha nah I just know my rights and unless I did something wrong, I'm not going to give them my papers and allow them to abuse their powers. Granted I will cooperate, but I won't be taken advantage of lol

Old 12-16-2012, 12:02 AM

Exactly, I would just play dumb and say this is an invasion of my privacy. 'Mercia. I cant wait till it happen, it is gonna be chaos. But with my driving record and history, they won't let my behind the wheel of a car. Lmao.

Old 12-16-2012, 07:09 AM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

The usa is sure going to hell in a handbasket in a hurry!

Is this a part of Obama care in action?

The GESTAPO wants you!

Attached Thumbnails TSA to patrol U.S. highways soon.......-unclesamshow.jpg  

Last edited by STUMPMI; 12-16-2012 at 07:13 AM.
Old 12-16-2012, 08:16 AM

It's very sad information to read
It's sad to think that there are enemies among `us ?
It's sad that so many are living in fear
It's sad that freedom is in jeopardy due to the bad in our world

What is a better solution ? How do we stop those that want to harm/hurt/kill many ?

I just want to live in Peace & Happiness on Planet `Earth..
It's sad that there are others that don't want the same..

I can only `do, what I can only `do, but if I can get others to do what they can `do & we `do it 2gether (?) Maybe we can come `up with a solution ?

Planet Earth Rule: `1. Don't purposely hurt yourself or others...If you do? You will be transferred to another planet or 2 `hell

Last edited by Space; 12-16-2012 at 08:19 AM.
Old 12-16-2012, 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by STUMPMI
The usa is sure going to hell in a handbasket in a hurry!

Is this a part of Obama care in action?

The GESTAPO wants you!

Yeah what he said!

Quick Reply: TSA to patrol U.S. highways soon.......