Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Trying to get use to retired life :)

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2011, 03:16 AM

Monte Of The Month -- May 2013
1 Year Member
Default Trying to get use to retired life :)

Well yesterday was my 1st day without a job.. OOPS sorry . I took a little nap so I could stay up most of the day. So I could get things finished up around the house. But that nevers works unless its Sunny and warm. But I did get something in motion and it wasn't the Monte or the Chevelle. Today is a busy day. Going to get the oil changed and maybe the coolant. Then I've got to get all my clothes ready for the trip out west. Also go on line and buy my Barrett-Jackson tickets for the Jan show in Phoenix. Meeting to old Harley Riders to go with. Got to do what I can today. Cause saturday is FOOTBALL all day and dinner with my family. Our youngest daughter is hosting Christmas Eve dinner at her home for the family. Sunday is an early day. I think were staying the nite there. So we can see our grandson open his gifts. Then head back 15 miles to see our two other gd Kids open theirs. And then dinner at my oldest daughters home. So busy weekend coming up. Monday is packing day. Like trying to stick and Elephant in the trunk of a Cobalt .. Plus taking down all our Christmas decor. Nothing like coming back in April or May and taking down the tree and everything that goes with it. Then off to bed. So we can get an early start 6am. Then our 1st stop will be in Emporia, Kansas. Then weather premitting off to New Mexico. Stopping at local HARLY shops while in route.I'm tired all ready just thinking about all this

Old 12-23-2011, 03:28 AM

Rick I wish I had your problem. Hehe.

Old 12-23-2011, 06:08 AM

To Rick from `Space
----------------------
Hi `Rick,
I don't want 2 `be Re-Tired & Just want
2 `be Free & Active.
I wish you free from work that you don't want
2 `do, and 2 be in the position 2 `do
everything that you want to `do..
ReTire from `Work,
but Not
From `Life ~> 4-Sure.
Wish you a Safe & Fun `Journey in `Life
EnJoy

Last edited by Space; 12-23-2011 at 06:11 AM.
Old 12-23-2011, 07:19 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Rick, Hope you have lots of fun and enjoy.

Old 12-23-2011, 07:20 AM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2011
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Rick, all that sounds great. I battle the retired feeling every December when I get my annual lay off. I have had one week off and sometimes its hard. You have worked for it, so now enjoy it. I wish I could get to a Barrett Jackson event someday. Maybe I will. Do you get a bidders license or just watch?

Old 12-23-2011, 07:53 AM

Monte Of The Month -- May 2013
1 Year Member
Default tickets

On the tickets jerry. It all depends on the cheap suckers i hang around with . This event is huge in size alone. A lot of walking. I think were going to see if we can rent a golf cart. Plenty to see & do there. And its only 20 mins from me while in AZ.

Old 12-23-2011, 08:15 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2011
Monte Of The Month -- April 2014
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Congradulations Rick. Wifey is looking for a retirement incentive from the post office next year then she will be out wil 32 years service. I have 4 to five more years to go yet to retire comfortably according to our finacial advisor.

Hope the beest for youre retirement I know your cars will keep you active.

Old 12-23-2011, 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by mousehousemoparman
Rick I wish I had your problem. Hehe.
x2

Enjoy and have a safe trip!

Old 12-23-2011, 11:09 AM

Whenever I do retire, I'm gonna have to keep myself real busy to keep my sanity. Being unemployed absolutely drove me up the freaking wall. Even being at mom's for Thanksgiving with not much to do for a few days tested my sanity. I do not do well with idle time. Hopefully by then I have enough car projects to keep myself pretty busy if I don't have anything else to do.

Old 12-23-2011, 11:15 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2015
Monte Of The Month -- February 2011
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Rick your so lucky I still have 5 more years here then its my turn. Enjoy your retirement have fun

Quick Reply: Trying to get use to retired life :)