Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/off-topic-5/)
-   -   Trying to get use to retired life :) (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/off-topic-5/trying-get-use-retired-life-32894/)

Ricks 2006 SS 12-23-2011 03:16 AM

Trying to get use to retired life :)

Well yesterday was my 1st day without a job.:rotfl:. OOPS sorry :). I took a little nap so I could stay up most of the day. So I could get things finished up around the house. But that nevers works unless its Sunny and warm. But I did get something in motion and it wasn't the Monte or the Chevelle. Today is a busy day. Going to get the oil changed and maybe the coolant. Then I've got to get all my clothes ready for the trip out west. Also go on line and buy my Barrett-Jackson tickets for the Jan show in Phoenix:thumbsup:. Meeting to old Harley Riders to go with. Got to do what I can today. Cause saturday is FOOTBALL all day and dinner with my family. Our youngest daughter is hosting Christmas Eve dinner at her home for the family. Sunday is an early day. I think were staying the nite there. So we can see our grandson open his gifts. Then head back 15 miles to see our two other gd Kids open theirs. And then dinner at my oldest daughters home. So busy weekend coming up. Monday is packing day. Like trying to stick and Elephant in the trunk of a Cobalt :eek:.. Plus taking down all our Christmas decor. Nothing like coming back in April or May and taking down the tree and everything that goes with it. Then off to bed. So we can get an early start 6am. Then our 1st stop will be in Emporia, Kansas. Then weather premitting off to New Mexico. Stopping at local HARLY shops while in route:cool:.I'm tired all ready just thinking about all this :rotfl:

mousehousemoparman 12-23-2011 03:28 AM

Rick I wish I had your problem. Hehe.

Space 12-23-2011 06:08 AM

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h1...SpaceWorld.jpg
:rolleyes:
To Rick from `Space
----------------------
Hi `Rick,
I don't want 2 `be Re-Tired & Just want
2 `be Free & Active.
I wish you free from work that you don't want
2 `do, and 2 be in the position 2 `do
everything that you want to `do..
ReTire from `Work,
but Not
From `Life ~> 4-Sure.
Wish you a Safe & Fun `Journey in `Life :thumbsup:
EnJoy

Taz 12-23-2011 07:19 AM

Rick, Hope you have lots of fun and enjoy.

77gp 12-23-2011 07:20 AM

Rick, all that sounds great. I battle the retired feeling every December when I get my annual lay off. I have had one week off and sometimes its hard. You have worked for it, so now enjoy it. I wish I could get to a Barrett Jackson event someday. Maybe I will. Do you get a bidders license or just watch?

Ricks 2006 SS 12-23-2011 07:53 AM

tickets

On the tickets jerry. It all depends on the cheap suckers i hang around with :rotfl:. This event is huge in size alone. A lot of walking. I think were going to see if we can rent a golf cart. Plenty to see & do there. And its only 20 mins from me while in AZ. :congrats:

Tadcaster 12-23-2011 08:15 AM

Congradulations Rick. Wifey is looking for a retirement incentive from the post office next year then she will be out wil 32 years service. I have 4 to five more years to go yet to retire comfortably according to our finacial advisor.

Hope the beest for youre retirement I know your cars will keep you active.

Jomao_o 12-23-2011 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by mousehousemoparman (Post 394789)
Rick I wish I had your problem. Hehe.

x2

Enjoy and have a safe trip!

SupplySgt 12-23-2011 11:09 AM

Whenever I do retire, I'm gonna have to keep myself real busy to keep my sanity. Being unemployed absolutely drove me up the freaking wall. Even being at mom's for Thanksgiving with not much to do for a few days tested my sanity. I do not do well with idle time. Hopefully by then I have enough car projects to keep myself pretty busy if I don't have anything else to do.

Mels SS 12-23-2011 11:15 AM

Rick your so lucky I still have 5 more years here then its my turn. Enjoy your retirement have fun

Leprechaun93 12-23-2011 12:18 PM

My dad has been retired for a few years and he's always up to something around the house. Gotta keep yourself occupied. I have a long way to go as i'm only at my first job haha. Enjoy it and pick up some more hobbies if you dont have any

lougreen03 12-23-2011 12:23 PM

Rick sounds like a good plan you have there. I would like to get out of this Michigan weather sometime.

Ricks 2006 SS 12-23-2011 02:45 PM

I like all the comments made about retirements on here. But there is a BIG misunderstanding. To clear this up let me explain. I've been retired since 2000. After 32.5 yrs at G.M. But I re retire every year since. What I mean is. I get a part time job every yr when we get back from Phoenix, AZ. So I work about 5 to 6 months out of the yr. Then RE retire:rotfl: Well not work. Cause if they wanted me to WORK! I'd quit :eek:. No i get some chump job to save $$$ for my toys and our AZ vacation. So when I say i'm trying to get use to retirement. Thats what I mean. Sorry if I lead you on. But this is what goes on with me every year. When I got back one yr from AZ. I got this job where me and the boss didn't see eye to eye. I didn't agree to what he wanted me to do. So after a little discussion. I told him " wait for it" to kiss my ass. And walked out. I took off for almost 22 months with no job. Life was good. But then I wanted new toys. So I found another job paying about the same. Believe me. I was ready to go back to work. Being around the house day in & day out. Drove me up the wall. Biker tech term for that is house bitch. I wasn't good at it. :rotfl: So i've been work 6 months out ever year since. And its good way to make some extra $$ for toys and vacations. I've worked more this yr then I have in many yrs. I think next yr I'll slow down on the hours a bit. maybe 3 nights a week instead of 4. yeah that does sound good HUH?:rolleyes:

Space 12-24-2011 04:59 AM

https://montecarloforum.com/forum/im...6&type=profile
:rolleyes:...Thanks `Rick, for the clarification, but it's great to have the choice to work or not work 4-Sure :thumbsup:...How bad do you want to work to get some toys & have more $'s...I look 4ward to being able to have the choice(s)...

Wish you the best on your choices, and what is best for you & yours..."Be happy & thankful 2 `be 4-Real~>Sure"
Rick, I hope you continue to enjoy your journey of life :eek:, you've been extracting the most from `life so far, & I'm sure that you will continue....~> Good Luck from `Space

Ricks 2006 SS 12-24-2011 05:53 AM

Thanks Space. Its great to be in this postion. If I don't like the job I can quit. I've had a few a holes for bosses since I retired. one was at a Harley shop outside of Detroit. Used to be called Motown in Taylor, Mi. The store manager Chris who is a gooood friend hired me to do some work for him. 5 days a week. The store boss was one of these guys. That women could be laying on the bikes or on the phones. And nothing was said. But once one of the guys stopped to say something . He's YELL across the store you got time for that! Idoit. One day after lunch. He came up to me asked what I was doing. Told him. Then it began 40 questions time. Then Chris called for me on the loud speaker. Told him I had to go. long story short. He wanted me there on the weekends. When I hired in. WE the 3 of us went thru everything. Hrs , pay, and what I was suppose to be doing. Then he says I didn't agree to that. He told me to think about it & to get back to him by 4 pm. I told him give me a min to think it over. Walked over to the time clock punched out and put my time card in his shirt pocket. Said to him.. Clear enough for you fat boy? And left the store. THEN IT HAPPENED!!!!!! two months down the rd the state cops arrested him on fraud. The owner was a big time construstion owner . Had him jailed right then. ha ha ha ha. I was called by a friend to get my ass down there if I wanted to see something funny. I got there in time to see him cuffed and walking out to the cop car. I laughed out loud at him. I love pay back ha ha ha. But like I said its great to be able to work if I want to or not. I really like to work. But not for idiots. You treat me good. I'll treat you better. You treat me bad. I'll treat you twices as bad. My bosses at this job have rehired me 3 times already. Why ? Cause I respeck them and the job at hand. Never late, always on the job. Alway do what they ASK :).. about a doz took me out to breakfast my last night at work. Enjoy life. OHHH YEAH :) refill time C ya

SupplySgt 12-24-2011 05:59 AM

Once I get a couple EFI motor swaps done myself, I'm hoping that will get people asking me to do it for them, so that by the time I retire, I can use that as a full fledged business. I know a guy that does that in Texas. He knows his stuff and has given a lot of the guys on NastyZ28 tips on their EFI swaps.

Ricks 2006 SS 12-24-2011 06:32 AM

Best way to go Drew. They can put out so much HP it isn't funny. And its cheap Horsepower. It would cost me an arm or leg to keep up. But the way I feel. I have MY TOY. They have theres. Who's fastest ? I don't care! Theres always someone faster. I like motor power. NOT bottle power. :) I'm just saying !

Possum 12-24-2011 07:42 AM

[quote=Ricks 2006 SS;395173]Theres always someone faster.

THAT'D BE ME.

77gp 12-24-2011 07:43 AM

Good stiry Rick, and now I feel like crap. I have just learned I am a house Bit*h for 3 months a year.

SupplySgt 12-24-2011 08:05 AM

Rick, my 73 will stay bone stock (nothing sounds like a carbureted SBC), but I have projects planned. I have a couple RWD 3800 projects planned that should blow away a ton of V8s once the kinks are worked out.

77gp 12-24-2011 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by SupplySgt (Post 395189)
Rick, my 73 will stay bone stock (nothing sounds like a carbureted SBC), but I have projects planned. I have a couple RWD 3800 projects planned that should blow away a ton of V8s once the kinks are worked out.

:ttiwwp:of that 73

Ricks 2006 SS 12-24-2011 09:18 AM

STG: Got any pixs of that 73. I agree 100% on the sound a small block Chevy makes. I love to open the headers in the garage during the summer while she's warming up. Sounds like she's ready to quit running at any min. Sounds so cool.

SupplySgt 12-24-2011 09:48 AM

Lol y'all must have missed the thread when I first joined. But I will post again so y'all don't have to go dig up a thread from over 3 months ago LOL.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...8/DSCF0013.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...8/DSCF0016.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...8/DSCF0015.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...8/DSCF0234.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...8/DSCF0009.jpg

Things on my to-do list for it so far (when I have the money to do so of course). Get a correct steering wheel and front seats (that steering wheel and those front seats were only on the 70 Camaros), restore the back seats, pull the motor, rebuild it, and repaint it, take out the TKO 600 and replace it with a T56 (will still leave the mechanical clutch), and of course paint it (Midnight Blue with White Stripes just like the trim tag says).

77gp 12-24-2011 10:29 AM

Has the makings of a nice Z28. I like it and will own one hopefully within the next year or so. Gonna start keeping my eye open for a project. I like the 74-81 models personally, but theres nothing wrong with your ride. I wish I could get my buddy to sell me his 74 Z28 but he is holding out on me. Good thing about the Camaro is there is nothing you cant buy for them granted you have the $$. My buddy's bro has a 73 that he has had since the late 70's. Its a green Z.

Ricks 2006 SS 12-24-2011 10:30 AM

Power steering, power brakes, 2 bbl . Drew you have a nice project car on your hands. YUP. I'd stick with the color also. hey a little buff & shine and some Armour all. Good to go :)

Ricks 2006 SS 12-24-2011 10:31 AM

Look up your local Camaro club. A lot of info and parts you'll need and maybe a makes some new friends while your at it.

SupplySgt 12-24-2011 10:47 AM

Rick, I've been a member of NastyZ28.com for a few years now, ever since I bought the 79 that I was gonna restore but eventually parted out to make room for this one (got in over my head with that one, needed a lot of body work, all the quarters and both doors were rusted). NastyZ is the best source of information you will ever find on the 2nd gen (70-81) Camaros. Whether you're staying stock or putting modern engines or transmissions, there is PLENTY of info because if you've thought of it, someone on there has likely done it already and documented the process on a thread. The main exception is a Buick V6 swap. There's been a couple that have thought of doing either a GN swap or a modern 3800 but haven't done it. There's an entire section of the forum dedicated to high tech retrofits.

And actually, it's a 4 bbl Q-jet (The Zs started getting the q-jets from the factory in 72). You can tell when you mash the gas pedal down. Takes a second for the secondaries to kick in but once they do you feel it. There are very few 2nd gens in my area actually. I have one of maybe 8-10 of the running 2nd gens in the county, if there are even that many. One of my coworkers has a 78 and I've been trying to get him on NastyZ for a while. I've made a ton of friends via NastyZ, several of which I've had the pleasure of meeting in person, and several more that I'd like to meet someday.

lougreen03 12-24-2011 11:02 AM

Rick I kinda figured that was what you meant.