Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

trouble in the neighborhood

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2008, 08:34 AM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month - April 2008
Default trouble in the neighborhood

Police Chief came out yesterday to talk to my son because the mexicans down the road turned him in for a hate crime. Said that he was trying to run his kids over in the street and that he threw a smoke bomb in their yard - all of which is BS. My son and at least two of his friends drive black Hondas (one is being painted white right now), not to mention all the other black cars around here including mine. The mexicans were parked in the middle of the street the other day when my son came by. He couldn't get through so asked them to move over. One of them came over to his car and got in his face and told him that if he hits one of his kids he's going to kick his ***. Then his buddy comes over and makes a comment (gang related) about his (my son's) NY Yankees hat - says he's from NY (like so what?) then calls my son the "n" word (uh, we're white for starters). Anyway, WE should've called the police ourselves on them, but we just let it go. Then someone threw a smoke bomb in their yard and they blamed my son for it. A few days before any of this my husband was coming home from work and the kids were in the road as usual, he said he had almost came to a stop when the mom comes running out doing her hands and telling him to slow down. Yesterday evening their kids were LAYING in the road as if they were getting a suntan when some of my son's friends went by. They had to stop and wait for them to get up, and as usual not an adult in sight.

These kids are about 5-7 years old, always in the street (usually no adults in sight), they will intentionally hide behind things and jump out in front of you, or stand beside the road and act like they are going to jump in front of you.

I did not talk to the police chief when he was here, I wasn't around at the time. I've thought about calling him back and telling him all this but not sure if I should. But one good thing, when he came out and tried to accuse my son of a hate crime, two of my son's friends were here and they are mexican - he (police chief) even said himself that he could see that (my son being predjudice) wasn't an issue, bt that they could still press charges. I don't know whether to go talk to him or leave it be. Obviously there will be no talking to the parents, their little angels would never do anything like that.

What would you do?[/align]

Old 03-14-2008, 08:52 AM
Default RE: trouble in the neighborhood

You haveFour choices if you ask me.

One
Get other people to come forward and tell the chief of the antics they are pulling on the street.
Start calling and reporting all incidents even if they are minor.
Basiclly you need to build a case against them. This way the police would figure out they are the troublemakers not you.

Also I would take their Gang affiliation very seriouslly. Latin Gangs are one of the most brutal gangs in the US.
Considering they did call the cops on you. They might not be directlly affiliated.
Gangs like resolve stuff on their own they dont use the cops. BUT they might know Gang members.
If you go this route consider how would you and family defend from a potential Gang attack. If you somehow get these folks in trouble and they decide to retaliate against you.

Option Two
Make everything possible to avoid any contact with these people. And just let them be.

Three is move.

Four go and talk to these people try to reason with them and work things out in a civil way. even get some other neighbours and go talk to them and let them know certain things bother you.

If it was me I would goChoice 4 if this doesn't work I would go toChoice 1.
But hat is me.

There is another Choice if you are affiliated with any organized crime Syndicate or Gang just get your people to rough them up LOL. But that is an option we law abiding citizens do not have.

Old 03-14-2008, 09:11 AM

[align=center][/align][align=center]Hello `Becky,[/align][align=center]It's sad to read the words in your post, and that a[/align][align=center]few people can inflict problems in your family life.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]The acts of a few ignorant people (from `all races), can[/align][align=center]use `hate as their defense/excuse to cause disruptions.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]My first suggestion is to document every incident[/align][align=center]1. Time & date, circumstances[/align][align=center]2. Get everyone in the family a camera[/align][align=center][sm=Flahssssss.gif][/align][align=center]A picture says a thousand words, and is great evidence to[/align][align=center]back `up your statements.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]3. I would contact the Chief of Police, and[/align][align=center]discuss your concerns, and state that you do not[/align][align=center]want this matter to escalate, but that you will[/align][align=center]not be threatened or harassed.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]4. I would ascertain statements from other neighbor's[/align][align=center]in the area that have had same/similar problems[/align][align=center]with the excuser's of `hate. [:@][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]5. I also would contact your local Human Child Services[/align][align=center]and make a report of the unsupervised children that[/align][align=center]are putting their lives in danger.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]It's sad, with all the problems in our World, that[/align][align=center]we can not live in `Peace.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I wish you, and yours a peacefulresolve to this [/align][align=center]matter.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]If not, we couldcall `Vito [/align][align=center][:-]
[/align][align=center]Where's the Problem ? I'll take care of `it[/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center]

[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]

[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]
[/align][align=center][font="times n

Old 03-14-2008, 09:16 AM

Yeah SpaceAgent 47 would do the Job rather Quitley LOL

Old 03-14-2008, 10:07 AM

[align=center]"I believe in not purposely hurting anyone,[/align][align=center]but I shall defend myself, my country, my family/friends & those I lovewith all of myresources"[/align][align=center]`amen[/align][align=center]~ `Space08 ~[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]__________________________________________________ __[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][:-]

101 Ways You Can Beat Prejudice

Definition of a Hate Incident [:@][X(]
[/align][hr][align=center]

Hate-motivated incidents are defined as behavior which constitutes an expression of hostility against the person or property of another because of the victim's race, religion, disability, gender, ethnicity or sexual orientation. However, hate-motivated incidents include those actions that are motivated by bias, but do not meet the necessary elements required to prove a crime. This may include such behavior as nonthreatening name calling, using racial slurs or disseminating racist leaflets. Definition of a Hate Crime
[/align][align=center]

[hr]

[/align][align=center]

Hate crimes are defined under specific penal code sections as an act or an attempted act by any person against the person or property of another individual or group which in any way constitutes an expression of hostility toward the victim because of his or her race, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, gender or ethnicity. (Elements of crime statutes and protected classifications vary from state to state.) This includes but is not limited to threatening phone calls, hate mail, physical assaults, vandalism, cross burnings, destruction of religious symbols and fire bombings.
Often when incidents of either bigotry or other acts motivated by hate occur, it is left to the victims and members of the particular group that has been attacked to speak out.
This should not be the case. We believe that if one group is attacked, it is as though all groups have been attacked. We all have a duty to respond. Many times, good people may feel outraged but do not know how to respond. Thus, when an incident occurs, precious time is lost struggling with this question. What follows are some specific suggestions that may help facilitate a prompt and effective response.
[:-]
Next: Planning A Response
[/align]
[align=center][:-]Source Link below [:-][/align][align=center]http://www.adl.org/prejudice/prejudice_hate_crime.asp[/align]

Old 03-14-2008, 12:06 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month - April 2008

Thanks guys. Well, I'm not moving, my in-laws bought this land back around 1970. Those peoplejust moved in less than a year ago. As far as neighbors go, all the ones that are closest to them are mexican. They don't live on this street but on one we have to use to get to town. We have three options to getting to town - go down the gravel road with two blind corners that everyone likes to take sideways - no thank you, the other is to go down the other way and lose the front end of the car due to huge pot holes, or go down the good street and dodge kids.
The one that made the gang comment was referring to my son being in a gang - which he is NOT.

Old 03-14-2008, 12:15 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

You will never reason with these people. Fight them on their own terms. Call the cop back and talk with him. You are doing yourself a favor here.

By NOT calling this cop back you are sending out a message to these people, "Go ahead and act however you please. I won't do sh--!"

By these kids laying in the street they are daring you or anyone to cross them. If they're 5 years old just think when they're 15 or 25 years old. They will walk in your house and beat you up or kill you.

Mom & dad not doing anything to these 5 year old kids "IS" reinforcing they can do as they please.

I know if I was in this situation I'd be on that phone to the cop that came to my door before 5pm today.

Old 03-14-2008, 12:17 PM

[align=center]
ORIGINAL: big_mecho13

Yeah SpaceAgent 47 would do the Job rather Quitley LOL
[/align][align=center]LOL `L.K. : ),[/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]A gun-for-hire known only as Agent 47 hired by a group of[/align][align=center]Monte Carlo owners to take care of problems.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Call 1-800-Monte-Carlo[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]If agent 47 is busy, we will send Agent 48[/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]No one should have to live in `Fear...We need to unite and fight the problems here in our country....first.[/align][align=center]`Becky, I hope that your local/state/federal agencies can give you some assistance in your problems.[/align][align=center]I would not be silent...I would contact every agencies I could, before it escalates, and someone gets `hurt.[/align][align=center]I wish you the best in this bad situation.[/align][align=center]Peace/Out/`Space/Bum's[/align]

Old 03-14-2008, 12:57 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008

Call child protective services, they have more power than the police to take the kids and cite the parents.

Tell protective services that you've seen their kids almost get run over many times and that they don't respect the traffic and that they are out there all hours including school times.

It doesn't matter what story you make up, the burden of proof is on the parents and your call can be anonymous.

Old 03-14-2008, 01:29 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

I like RJ and Solara's answer myself....

Hate crimes have got to be the biggest load of BS in todays time. Under North Carolina law, pretty much any crime occuring between two people of a different race, sexuality, or gender, is a hate crime. If they can find that you did it just because of those grounds, its a hate crime... which in the 60's this was probably a necessary law... but the people are using it for situations like you are in now DustyBird. All the plantiff needs in NC is "well I'm (insert racial/sexuality/gender background here) and he is (insert another racial/sexuality/gender background here) and ta-da, you just got prosecuted for a hate crime.

Quick Reply: trouble in the neighborhood