Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

tornados destroy northern alabama

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2011, 09:47 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default tornados destroy northern alabama

welp my power just got turned back on at 6:47 pm today. it went out at 6:40 am last wednesday. go look on youtube for wednesday tornados in alabama. 30 tornados in alabama in one day, and so far they have found 238 ppl dead in alabama alone. it was the worst tornado outbreak here since 1932

Old 05-05-2011, 05:42 AM

...Hi `Kane,
Did you have any damage to your home (area) or your Monte Carlo ? I can relate to no power (It happens here all the time in Florida), but it sure is great when it comes back on. A back up generator is always a good investment `if one can afford.

I seen much of the intense damage on the web & on T.V. and it's always sad to see how destructive Mother Nature can be.
She's been outa control this season.

It's always a `Sad event when people are killed, injured & everything they own is destroyed....

A reminder to enjoy every good day, and also how fragile our human life can `be....A reminder to live your `day, because we never know what 2morrow will bring...
I think it's time to Party & Celebrate our Now, our `Life : )
Look forward to your update, and we wish you better sunny weather 4-Sure...Peace`Out

Last edited by Space; 05-05-2011 at 06:01 AM.
Old 05-05-2011, 08:59 AM

I saw the coverage of the damage in Alabama and Mississippi on the Weather Channel. I couldn't believe all of the destruction; it looked like something you'd expect out in Kansas or someplace else in Tornado Alley.
Glad you were able to get through it OK (aside from losing your power).

Old 05-05-2011, 06:29 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2011
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Those storms were crazy. Thats rough to be out of power so long. Hope you, yours and your belongings made it safely.

Old 05-05-2011, 07:20 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2010

Yeah I've seen a lot about that on the news up here. I'm really sorry to hear how hard y'all are getting hammered by them =(

Old 05-05-2011, 11:45 PM

yeah im fine but my monte was in a shop in one of the places where two ef4s hit and i havent heard anything about it. im prayin its ok. and one of my good friends from high school got killed saving his gf and her daughter. he made them get in the bathtub and layed on top of them on a mattress and the tornado got him....they found him a quarter mile away still on the mattress his gf and her little girl were ok minus a few cuts and bruises :'(

Old 05-06-2011, 04:13 AM

..Hi `Kane,
Sorry to read about the loss of your H.S.`Friend & all the devastating loses to so many in your area. Life on Planet Earth is fragile for sure. I hope that your Monte is OK, but it can be replaced or fixed if it's damaged. You family/friends can not. Please keep us updated & we all wish you the best in recovering from this nightmare. Good Luck & prayers from the MCF.

Old 05-06-2011, 01:03 PM

thanks. i grew up with him and he was the one who helped me get home when my monte ran outta gas. he helped push my car for about 2 miles but he is in a better place than i am now. and yeah my monte is ok, im about to go pick it up from the shop

Old 05-07-2011, 04:57 AM

Hi `Kane,
Thanks for your update and reading that your Monte is OK.
Did your home get damaged. I hope that you can rebuild & recovery from this major tragedy to your area & State.
It's sad that you lost a good `friend & I also hope he's in a better place 4-Sure.

Keep us updated, and Good Luck & Hope to you, family and friends...
`Space

Old 05-07-2011, 08:25 AM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member

I'm soooo sorry about your friend.

Quick Reply: tornados destroy northern alabama