Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

tints

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2008, 05:27 PM
Default tints

today was a beautiful day and i got pulled over two times for the same thing. tints. the first time my windows were up which is why i was casught the second was for my car beign flagged. the second officer couldnt do anything becasue i jsut got pulled over about 6 hours before that. the first officer was very cool about it. he had first circled my car and then said this is a fine automobile. with its customization you wont be able to get away with this. i got a very distinguishing plate and all black car pretty much. so he said i have a week. opps
http://s298.photobucket.com/albums/mm262/minisz618/

Old 04-30-2008, 05:38 PM
Default RE: tints

Ya that sucks man i've known lots of people that its happened to. hopefully it doesnt happen to me i get mine tinted, not too dark but that stupid slow self-dimming mirror just don't cut it at night. and it keeps the car coller in the day. stupid laws anyways

Old 04-30-2008, 05:48 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

What percentage do you have?

I just got my windows re-tinted. The old tinting had been done by the dealership, and was peeling. I got all the windows, except the rear window, re-done a couple weeks ago at a very reputable place around here. I did 20% on all the windows. It seems like a decent darkness for me, since I work night shift and have to be able to see out at night.

I know what you mean about being very distiguishable. lol. There's only one other Dale Jr. edition around here with the stripes on the side.The owner ofthe other one keeps hisin storage 90% of the year, and only brings it out on nice days. I can't get away with anything. lol.

Old 04-30-2008, 07:16 PM

ORIGINAL: black04monteSS

Ya that sucks man i've known lots of people that its happened to. hopefully it doesnt happen to me i get mine tinted, not too dark but that stupid slow self-dimming mirror just don't cut it at night. and it keeps the car coller in the day. stupid laws anyways
Well I agree with the tinting laws. I don't think there should be any tint on the front three windows, MI allows 4 inches of tint on the front side windows, complete tint on all backs and no tint on windshield. I know that when I become an officer I want to see if the person in the car has a gun before I get there, and if it is during the day, I can see activity through the tint in the rears if the fronts aren't tinted. It's about safety, that's that.

Old 04-30-2008, 07:30 PM

well i do agree with you on the front three but the back and the side two dont really affect anything. here in pa you can do the back on a truck at any percentage but a car you cant touch i have a truck with tinted windows and at night it is impossible to see out the back because its so straight up and down and acts like a mirror and you cant see out. but i think that you should be able to tint to a reasonable percent, which isn't even legal for me in my car

Old 05-01-2008, 11:40 AM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I don't know the percentage but one of my cars has tinted windows that I assume came that way? I see a lot of cars the came color as mine and all have the windows tinted. Some times I can see the cops giving the car the evil eye but so far none had pulled the car over yet.

One thing, with that Super cool black SS you own you're just begging for the cops to notice you. Cause the car is TOO cool.
[sm=icon_cheers.gif] [sm=smiley20.gif]

Old 05-01-2008, 01:20 PM

Yeah having a double standard on tint laws is stupid. I agree with that. If trucks are allowed to have back windows tinted, so should cars.

Old 05-01-2008, 01:43 PM

Nice Ride dude. Yeah all those appearence Modswill get you some extra 5-0 attention. Did they said anything about your Tinted Stop Lights?
How Did you Black out the Bow Ties?

Old 05-01-2008, 01:46 PM

that sucks i know.. i try to avoid cops at all times when im driving, or roll the windows down when theyre sitting on the side of the road..

i got 15% on the sides and 5% on the back.. you slightly see through the sides during the day.. at night you can barely see anything

Old 05-01-2008, 09:12 PM

from what i beleive i got 10s in the front and 5 in the rear threes. but anyhow after class i have seen cops by my car so id go back in and wait for them to leave. and before winter i hadnt gotten pulled over. but for the bowties getting black i had masked off the platicrhome on them and i painted them with the rest of the car. the taillights didnt get any attention. i made sure you can see them during the day, i dont think you can see the 3rd light and the reverse are visible in the day also. we will see whats going to happen with those tints i dont think im going to do anything and if i do ill put 20 or 25 in front. the weather is supposed to be crap the next week or so so i wont be driving it so i gota while before i have to do anything.

Quick Reply: tints