Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: Thursday, November 29th 2012

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2012, 02:42 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

i haven't even called on it yet space. i know i should act fast but i've got a ton of other stuff i want to sort out first if i can. i've been trying to get in touch with one of my old co-workers from the shool who offered to help me write up a good resume and might even have a couple leads on some better, more permanint jobs. neither of us have had time to sit down and actually get anything done with the holidays and life getting in the way though, lol.

Old 11-29-2012, 03:08 PM

Monte Of The Month -- May 2013
1 Year Member

Been a rough kind of day for me. Stayed up until 2 am last night. Well I got home from work that morning and took a nap. But that didn't work out like I planned. Slept too long so thats why I was up so late. Well Ozzie had other plans for me this morning. At 6:30 am I felt him walking up on me in bed and sitting down next to me . WHAT? Your kiddin me right.? Damn ok so I took him out for his walk around the house. came back in and intened to go back to bed ..NOPE tossed and turned till around 7:30 . Might as well get up and take a shower. Had my coffee with my wife when she walked in. Watched the Today show and then had a bite to eat. My wife went to bed around 9:00. I sat was out in the garage messing around with my trunk mat. Thats didn't work so came back in and sat down here at the pc and started yawning. So went downstairs and layed on the couch for a few mins! yeah right 4 hrs later . Feeling pretty good now. I hate this shift during the winter months. Cause i can go out in the garage and play with something cause its too damn cold. During the summer I sleep about 3 hrs in the am after work. then about the same beofre work. And it works out great. So looks like I'll be up late again tonight watching football and what ever is on the History channel after Ok time to get dinner started. Having Slim Jims & fries.

Old 11-29-2012, 03:14 PM

1 Year Member

For those who don't know what Slim jim's are other then a tool . It is a sandwhich from BIG BOYS. Thats a restaurant ...Its called Bob's Big Boys in calif. My wife unsed to work at one when we lived in Michigan. its a ham sandwich with lettuce and Tomato and tartar sause on it. OMG its great! We've been eatting those since we 1st met. Then dip your fries into their tartar sause is awesome stuff and a great dinner. Everytime we drive in to Michigan we stop at one in Ann Arbor right off I 94. and get one of those and a Big Boy Hamburger. We split both so we both can have 1/2 of each MMM MMM MMM. . Ok time to go help out with dinner. SEE YA

Old 11-29-2012, 03:23 PM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2011
Monte Of The Month -- December 2016
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by Ricks 2006 SS
For those who don't know what Slim jim's are other then a tool . It is a sandwhich from BIG BOYS. Thats a restaurant ...Its called Bob's Big Boys in calif. My wife unsed to work at one when we lived in Michigan. its a ham sandwich with lettuce and Tomato and tartar sause on it.
Here's slim jim in st. Louis , MO.

Slim Jim Giant Sticks -- Pepperoni -- 0.97 oz., 24 pk

Old 11-29-2012, 03:54 PM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2013
10 Year Member

Just met another dale Jr owner today, it was so beautiful!! She said just like everyone else here that she absolutely loved her car. Seeing how amazing it looks with the #8 and the signature on the back makes me want to restore her to the original..

Co worker just came back from wendy's saying "I swear I thought you left the store & was in the parking lot next door...there is an exact copy of your car!" As I pulled up to the womans car her face just lit up. I've probably passed her on the road like 5 times already since I got the car. Glad I got to talk to her

Anyway...took a trip to the car wash today.(unfortunately no time to wash the monte myself..) Spoke to the owner about going on board as a detailer for his business....Did not expect to see him there today in my worst work clothes, messy hair...and just...unprepared D: Bad first impression

Old 11-29-2012, 04:13 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2011
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

I saw that article on the internet today Space. Very Nice...
Rick-we have a Big Boy here in town.
Home from work, so as others have said-I am no millionaire. Bummer. Would have bought us all new 2013 Monte Carlos.
Just gonna hang out here all night and relax. Company Party is tomorrow night. Unsure if I am going yet. They have great prizes and lots of money drawings. They give out what we employees purchase. Top pot usually around $1200 or so and a couple smaller ones. I have gotten half a time or two by splitting with people. Lucky for me as I didn't have the winner

Old 11-29-2012, 04:43 PM

Good evening all you crazy Monte Carlo guys and gals. Put a new thermostat in the Pace Car the other day and I think she's running better and getting better gas mileage than ever. The heat is much better too, and the temp gauge runs more consistently.

Old 11-29-2012, 04:52 PM

1 Year Member

Originally Posted by zjerry
Here's slim jim in st. Louis , MO.

Slim Jim Giant Sticks -- Pepperoni -- 0.97 oz., 24 pk
Nope thats not it. Its a sandwich

Old 11-29-2012, 04:54 PM

1 Year Member

[QUOTE=77gp;510935]I saw that article on the internet today Space. Very Nice...
Rick-we have a Big Boy here in town. JERRY go there and try the snadwich. I think you'll like it. Don't forget the fries and tartar sause to dip the fries in. YUM Hows that Mustang doing ? Beautiful carUs Gemini's think alike !

Last edited by Ricks 2006 SS; 11-29-2012 at 04:57 PM.
Old 11-29-2012, 05:01 PM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

evening all

Quick Reply: Member's BLOG: Thursday, November 29th 2012