Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/off-topic-5/)
-   -   Member's BLOG: Thursday, June 7, 2012 < CHECK IN PLEASE! (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/off-topic-5/thursday-june-7-2012-check-please-36926/)

Sparky-88 06-07-2012 01:56 PM

Afternoon Ladies / Gents,

Originally Posted by Possum (Post 464912)
Dave (Sparky) - I've seen a few scary highway tactics here lately. The weaving in and out of lanes at 70 mph is the worst - I usually reduce my speed and drop back as far as practical. A few weeks ago it was a guy on a motorcycle doing it, with only inches to spare between him and speeding cars on the Interstate.

You don't work at Redstone, do you? My husband was there for ten years before he retired, and I visited the city of Huntsville several times. I remember taking walks thru beautiful wooded areas there.

Angie - Finally had a moment to look over yesterday' blog and saw this. I spent a few years working on Redstone Arsenal while still in uniform. I retired from the Army in Fall of 2009. I now support a variety of DoD offices as a contractor, some on the Arsenal, others all over the place. I've actually been doing more work for the Air Force out of Wright-Patterson AFB lately. I just go where the work is these days. Getting kinda slim with all the DoD budget cuts.

My family and I really enjoy the Huntsville area - enough to stay here after leaving the Army. Beautiful countryside, some nice rolling hills for good riding, good schools (one more kid to finish high school). Nice place overall.

And about those scary highway tactics... I generally take your approach. I try to put as much distance as possible between me and the idiot(s). Of course, I've also been known to spit on a windshield or two when I catch up to someone who reaaaaaally gets my goat and I'm on the bike. Probably not the textbook solution to conflict resolution, but sometimes I just can't help it. :rolleyes:

Leprechaun93 06-07-2012 03:36 PM

afternoon all, just had some rain roll through here and its 68 out. I'm off to school and work shortly, have a good afternoon all.

03JGMonte 06-07-2012 03:40 PM

Hi Everyone, nm goin on here today

Dubstepticon 06-07-2012 04:12 PM

Whaddup `Tyler,

...it's Tyler, bro :rotfl:

MillerMonteSS 06-07-2012 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by Sparky-88 (Post 465218)
I've also been known to spit on a windshield or two when I catch up to someone...

:rotfl:

Holy crap Dave! I didn't see that coming from you. I definitely get it though.

77gp 06-07-2012 06:08 PM

Evening all. Not alot here either. Decided to pass on the house we made a bid on, looked at another and deciding what to offer. Asking 18K gonna go way lower than that.

DE02Carlo 06-07-2012 07:12 PM

Great weather here in KY this week. I've been working on the house painting the trim other stuff this week (that's what vacations are for right). Tomorrow is set aside for something more fun...

Leprechaun93 06-07-2012 07:24 PM

In programming class right now taking a quick break. Real good friend of mine is coming home tommorow for a month on leave from the air force. Be great to see him again, and he just got his A+ certification.

For the non computer nerds:p
CompTIA - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Taz 06-07-2012 07:39 PM

Evening everybody. I got my 1:18 model 2002 Dale Earnhardt Monte today. :thumbsup: With another 1:18 model on it's way. Can't wait. :)

monte carlo 3831 06-07-2012 07:45 PM

Taz, what's the other 1/18 car........You wanna trade anything?