Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: Thursday, July 21, 2011

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2011, 12:40 PM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Miller at first glance I gotta say I thought that was gonna go another way.
Another hot one with not much going on. Took the dogs out a bit ago ant i lasted about 5 min's outside.LOL

Old 07-21-2011, 12:55 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Ryan, go into more detail about the Monte

Old 07-21-2011, 12:59 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2016
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by skylark65
eh, the monte's got me fairly pissed at it right now scince i just had the top end apart for the gaskets and it still dosint run right, so that's setting out in the backyard right now untill i can figure out WTF's wrong. havint even driven it in over a month
whats it doing? maybe time for a 3.8 or ls4 swap :p
the buick's sleeping in the garage, i've been pulling various stuff apart on it and getting them cleaned up, plus i got the seats & carpet back in
Moving forward is always good! any progress on that bahemouth of a motor
and the job, well my new stupedvisor decided he's gotta line his own pockets with my salary, and cut my position. so for right now, im on unemployment, and working as a substitute guy when people are absent. major pissed over that one, haha....
That sucks big time, getting your lawn care stuff going again?

how's things in minisnowta bud?
Not snowy at the moment , just got over a spell of nasty hot & humid weather, been trying to figure out a way to get rid of the saty and get somthing new... i'm just kind of done with it, leaking coolant from a bad clamp which i have to pull the intake off to get to so i don't want to do it... , i just keep adding fluid, tires are getting to be like slicks, cat is getting cloged typical things that make you hate a car plus now that we had bought the Intrigue i really enjoy the power of a v6 and love the spacious interior, 5th or 6th gen fingers crossed! but that won't be for a while

Last edited by Budsjlm; 07-21-2011 at 01:01 PM.
Old 07-21-2011, 01:00 PM
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep
thats what the monte family is here for !

Old 07-21-2011, 01:19 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009

Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep
well, the only big thing left on the car is the mysterious "dead spot" that it's had forever, and after everything i've replaced its driving me me insane not knowing what the problem is. best i can figure is it's eather A) something to do with torque converter lockup, B) something to do with fuel pressure & the fuel pump, or C) possibly a bad PCM.

Originally Posted by Budsjlm
whats it doing? maybe time for a 3.8 or ls4 swap :p

Moving forward is always good! any progress on that bahemouth of a motor

That sucks big time, getting your lawn care stuff going again?

Not snowy at the moment , just got over a spell of nasty hot & humid weather, been trying to figure out a way to get rid of the saty and get somthing new... i'm just kind of done with it, leaking coolant from a bad clamp which i have to pull the intake off to get to so i don't want to do it... , i just keep adding fluid, tires are getting to be like slicks, cat is getting cloged typical things that make you hate a car plus now that we had bought the Intrigue i really enjoy the power of a v6 and love the spacious interior, 5th or 6th gen fingers crossed! but that won't be for a while
IDK if i ever got to post about the second engine i picked up for the buick, a buddie of mine wound up cleaning out an old resto shop and tucked in the far back corner was a freshly rebuilt 401 nailhead, still in the crate for 25+ years. he brought it back for me and i bought it off the guy for $250 so that's setting in the garage, and the bahemouth 425 is still under a cover out back, it was pretty nasty inside once the heads were off but it'll probibly get rebuilt someday, just 'caus it's a rare piece.

as for the work situation, i've been getting some landscaping jobs togeather, also finally got some better equipment to use, and some other odd jobs here and there. in the next couple of weeks i'll be sandblasting an international dump truck for my dad's boss getting it ready for paint, and i may be helping a vendor friend out at the carlisle corvettes show. also looking into purchasing a '71 torino barn find as a resale project, hoping it's a factory 429 CJ/ 4 speed / drag pack car and not just swapped in

and BOY does that sound fermiliar with the saturn justin! out of curiosity, is the intrigue a 2 door or 4? and what's the engine?

you should come buy my monte, lol

Attached Thumbnails Thursday, July 21, 2011-p3300937.jpg  
Old 07-21-2011, 02:02 PM
15 Year Member

and BOY does that sound fermiliar with the saturn justin! out of curiosity, is the intrigue a 2 door or 4? and what's the engine?

you should come buy my monte, lol
I remeber you saying somthing about the dead spot but i don't remember much about it,

Good to hear your keeping busy! sounds like the motor was a sweet fine and a good price!

4 door w-body platform, engine= LX5 3.5l dohc v6
since we bought it i have tinted the rear door windows, used plasti dip to make my headlight housings black, and on tues i stripped off all the flaking/cracking vynal on the crome around the windows and plasti diped then so it is all black around the window

parts replace/fixed, cleaned MAF, new rear strut top plates, new crank sensor, replaced window butons and shifter ****

i gatta get a pic of it after i got rid of the crome around the window... it had changed the look of it alot

and don't even tempt me with that offer ryan!

Old 07-21-2011, 02:35 PM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013

Ryan that 401 looks like a great find.
Justin the intrigue is looking good cant wait to see new pics with the trim done.

Old 07-21-2011, 03:39 PM
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by lougreen03
Ryan that 401 looks like a great find.
Justin the intrigue is looking good cant wait to see new pics with the trim done.
Thanks Lou, i'm trying to keep it tastefull but improve it's look at the same

i was going to get a pic lastnight but they mowed at my apt so it has a bunch of gras on it so she needs a bath befor i take any

Old 07-21-2011, 03:52 PM

Hey all... Skylark, I'm sorrry to hear of your luck with the monte and the job. I'm glad to see you got that nice 401.

Space... the mystery mod isn't stressful to me at all... its actually relaxing me to work on. The only stressful thing is that I have part of my car torn apart until I finish it.

Old 07-21-2011, 04:02 PM
15 Year Member

whats the ETA on the mystery mod dustin?

Quick Reply: Member's BLOG: Thursday, July 21, 2011