Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: Thursday, July 14, 2011

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2011, 09:44 AM

Good morning all... I too have a car show coming this weekend. I don't really feel like attending. I'm going to the cruise in as always, but the show coming this weekend is import alliance. I havebeen the last 4 years and have been less and less interested. Its all hondas, the vendors don't have anything for american cars, so what would be the point iin even going?

Old 07-14-2011, 09:49 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2011
Monte Of The Month -- April 2014
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by augi
Good morning all... I too have a car show coming this weekend. I don't really feel like attending. I'm going to the cruise in as always, but the show coming this weekend is import alliance. I havebeen the last 4 years and have been less and less interested. Its all hondas, the vendors don't have anything for american cars, so what would be the point iin even going?
Don't let the Honda owners drool on your Monte

Old 07-14-2011, 09:58 AM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Morning all one of my dogs got sprayed by a skunk at about 2:30 this morning so I spent a few hours bathing her and washing the blankets and stuff she touched when se came back in the house. The Baking soda and peroxide bath did the trick tho, she don't smell but the house still does.

Old 07-14-2011, 10:07 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2011
Monte Of The Month -- April 2014
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by lougreen03
Morning all one of my dogs got sprayed by a skunk at about 2:30 this morning so I spent a few hours bathing her and washing the blankets and stuff she touched when se came back in the house. The Baking soda and peroxide bath did the trick tho, she don't smell but the house still does.

What a way to wake up!!!! Bet she leaves them alone now

Old 07-14-2011, 10:53 AM

Hey Everyone -- Good Mornin' !!
Hope you all have a great Thursday. We have a WWII Airplane expo in New Century, KS on Saturday. Gonna get geared up to go to that ! They will have "FI FI" the B52 and a P51 Mustang, among others.

Gonna detail the Monte, as I'm sure there will be some cool cars there as well !
(like last year...)

Take Care,
Mark.

Old 07-14-2011, 11:53 AM

Sweet... sounds like its gonna be a good weekend all around for everyone. Don't worry, the honda owners won't drool on the monte as I'm not going to that show. I can't stand the demographic of all of the people that go there... most of them don't have time for non-honda owners... like owning an economical car makes you better than me...

Sorry, i dk why I'm feeling so bitter today

Old 07-14-2011, 12:33 PM
Default Honda Owners

Originally Posted by augi
Sweet... sounds like its gonna be a good weekend all around for everyone. Don't worry, the honda owners won't drool on the monte as I'm not going to that show. I can't stand the demographic of all of the people that go there... most of them don't have time for non-honda owners... like owning an economical car makes you better than me...

Sorry, i dk why I'm feeling so bitter today
I wouldn't be sorry. My experience here in Kansas has been that Honda owners think they are better & smarter that anyone else. Most don't even work on their own cars...

My Neighbor (Honda Owner) was bangin' on me 'cause I have 6 Chevrolets. he says you're workin' on 'em all the time -- get a Honda...
I told him I had 2 of them & they both were junk. I told him that he doesn't keep 'em long enough 2 know!

-Mark.

Last edited by MarkIV396; 07-14-2011 at 12:34 PM. Reason: sp.
Old 07-14-2011, 12:59 PM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2010
Monte Of The Month -- July 2013
IT HERTZ
5 Year Member

hey all just stoping by to say hi !! it is down right cold here today it is 62* here now and was 42* here this morning

Old 07-14-2011, 01:04 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Afternoon all

Old 07-14-2011, 01:08 PM

Dustin - Lot's of 'brand snobs' out there. Even more so in the motorcycling world. Really chaps my butt when people give me grief over the type of car or bike I am or am not driving / riding. I've had makes / models from all over the world. They were each enjoyable for their own reasons. I try my best to ignore the morons. Just smiling as they try to insult my ride seems to really yank their chain.

Miller - Just saw yesterday's post about your upcoming promotion board. Keep studying hard! Good luck. If the board has any sense, you'll get your SSG stripe.

Quick Reply: Member's BLOG: Thursday, July 14, 2011