Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: Thursday, Febuary 9th 2012

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2012, 10:56 PM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010
Arrow Thursday, Febuary 9th 2012

Monte Carlo Friends
to your
Member's `Blog
Thursday, February 9, 2012

What are you doing Today ?
* Members, post what is happening in your life/family, your hobbie's, cars, etc. We are here 7/24
Make a post & become a part of the
MonteCarloFamily

The MCF is a StressFree-Fun-Automotive Family Zone
Please don't hurt with your words/post!

Give Respect to `Member's - Get Respect from `Member's
If you have not read our MCF Rules ?
Please click below link to enjoy your Monte Carlo Forum Experience
-> Please Read - Thank You! - Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums
^^^^^

February 2012
Monte of the Month Winner

Member: PacerSS
2000 Monte Carlo S.S. Pace Car
East Bay, CA
Congratulations`Matt

~ The MCF Winners Gallery ~ - Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums
^^^^^^^^^^^^
Created & ReCreated by Administrator `Taz (Lou)<~Thank You!
Click above link to view all our SuperSuper MCF Winner's

Last edited by Space; 02-09-2012 at 05:58 AM. Reason: Thanks Mike(JG) 4 start'in our `Blog! arrow added : )
Old 02-09-2012, 12:52 AM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Heading to bed here shortly. Actually looking at Teslas. They're making a 4 door car and imo its pretty good looking.

Model S Options and Pricing | Tesla Motors

Old 02-09-2012, 02:07 AM

Thank you Mike for starting our daily blog once again.

I decided to take advantage of the new mouse house grooming policy and grow a beard and mustache. The last time I shaved was a week ago last Saturday. I have Sunday and Monday off and was sick Tuesday and Wednesday. I brought my shaver to work with me Thursday and Friday in case the management team had an issue with me not being clean shaven. Nothing was said and I didn't hide from management. In fact the manager who would be my boss if I worked days said it looked good. My second shift manager who is my boss didn't have an issue with it either. Tuesday morning before getting ready for work I trimmed my beard as I did every other day but I also colored it because it is too gray. When I went to work on Tuesday I was talking to the day shift who would be my boss if I worked days about issues in the kitchens and pool pump rooms. While talking to him the manager who is the boss responsible for the lodge room workers walks up to me and interrupts our conversation and tells me I need to shave. Steve the manager I was talking to originally said to Paul the other manager that I was in compliance with the Disney facial hair standard and I was fine. I thought that was the end of it. When I came into the shop later in the night for lunch my boss Jack walked up to me and said he wants to see me clean shaven. I asked if he was serious and he said yes. I asked why because I have not seen the Disney standard but understand that I comply with it. Jack said that personally he thought it was fine but that Paul went into the department manager and complained. The department manager went to Jack and complained and told him to tell me to shave. I asked Jack if a few days would make a difference. He said why. I said the Disney standard says the facial hair can be no longer than a quarter inch and I think I am there now but a few more days would confirm it. I said I have two more sick days and I still don't feel that great so I'll take the next two days off. Jack said to do what I need to do. I took yesterday off and am taking today off too. I will go into work Friday with my razor and plead my case to the department manager. It isn't worth my job over a beard but I'm not going to allow Paul to push me around either. Paul is one of these guys that likes to agitate and what really pisses me off is that he had one guy that worked directly under him that had a medical waiver to have a beard and it was never kept neat.

Last edited by mousehousemoparman; 02-09-2012 at 02:14 AM.
Old 02-09-2012, 02:58 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Morning MCF!

Gregg, I always found Disney's policy on being clean shaven kind of ironic since Walt himself had a moustache. I realize he didn't make the policy, but still found it interesting the mouse house would do that. I suppose it was a knee-jerk reaction to the long haired hippie movement maybe? Not sure though. You would probably know better than I would.

Old 02-09-2012, 04:10 AM
Smile "Be Happy 2`be U -`Be the best U can `be" 4-$ure!

Hi EveryOne,

==================================
"Be the Driver of your `Life & drive it to where you want 2 `be"

Whose in control ? EnJoy your New `Day, what if ?
"Be good 2 yourself & others, & do your best to help others in need"
Thank You!

Last edited by Space; 02-09-2012 at 05:55 AM.
Old 02-09-2012, 04:18 AM

Monte Of The Month -- October 2012
3 Year Member

Good morning everyone! Still up doing homework.. may as well stay up now only 3.75 hours til class Hope everyone enjoys there Thursday! Any big plans for today?

Old 02-09-2012, 06:39 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2012
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Mornin' all.

Old 02-09-2012, 06:39 AM

Good morning to everyone.

Old 02-09-2012, 06:47 AM

Originally Posted by 03SSLE
Mornin' all.
Good Morning, Seattle `Mike, Keane, Gregg, Taz~>(Lou), Justin, Mike (JG), Kerry & Member's

Old 02-09-2012, 06:56 AM

Morning all - enjoying my last day of vacation!

Quick Reply: Member's BLOG: Thursday, Febuary 9th 2012