Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: Thursday, Febuary 16th 2012

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2012, 07:25 AM

I don't farm at the moment Space but my family has a long history (going back at least to the 1880s if not earlier) of farming. I also know a lot of people around here who farm. I do intend on owning a farm later in life when I can afford to buy the land.

Here's something I forgot to mention in my earlier post. Most nights during my lunch break, after I finish eating, I grab a cup of coffee and sit down with the shift superintendent and we chat for the remainder of the lunch break. Sometimes we talk about work, sometime about everything under the sun. Tonight was a little bit of everything. Talked about fishing, hunting, and then about work. He's been putting a lot of work into getting ready for the night shift truck launch and so we were talking about that when he mentioned he may send me over there when they finally go to nights to (in his words) "make sure the truck launch is a success." He has a ton of confidence in my abilities, sometimes more than I think I have in myself, and I could tell he's been thinking about this for a while. The big concern that I have is that the Altima line in general, and especially the rear line (which I was just moved to) has already lost most of the full timers to truck line (or to materials or quality) as it is, and as of right now I'm one of the few left. We're also launching the seats for the Altima redesign in May. So I brought that up and without missing a beat he said that he planned to move me back to the Altima line prior to the new seat launch if he goes through with this. Like I said, he's obviously thought this through a lot. I already knew he'd be relying heavily on me for the new Altima launch and now he may be entrusting me to make the truck launch (which also includes the Infiniti launch at the same time) a success. I'm very humbled that he has this kind of trust in me to even consider this, yet it's almost scary at the same time. Definitely something I'm going to have to pray about and if it does happen, make the most of it.

That was a bit long winded, but I have a lot to think about going forward. And with that, I'm done with my Bourbon and am going to bed. I'll talk to y'all later.

Old 02-16-2012, 07:30 AM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2011
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Good Morning all.
Drew did you see that 1995 Brickyard Monte on the Nashville CL for $1200? I posted that in the blog yesterday but you must not have been back on. Thought it may interest you.
Keane, I don't know about you but I think red headed girls are hot and I have seen many a good looking red head. Drew had good advice for you last night.Off to the shower. Check back later.

Old 02-16-2012, 07:57 AM

Thanks `Drew for your reply, and I hope that your dream of owning a farm comes true 4 U 4-Sure..."Dreams are where we want to `go & work is how we get there" Keep praying & working
===========================================
Good Morning `Jerry,
Yes, women are beautiful 4-Sure...No matter what their hair color, but I'm just very thankful that women were created 4-Really-Sure...I also like beautiful `eyes, and all their body parts + + + + + + + etc...I've found that they can be expensive likes exotic cars , yes ~> 4-$ure ~>

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^How could anyone say `No 2 her ? ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
`Jerry, wish you a SuperSuper new `day ~> EnJoy "Look in2 her eyes"
Oh, Dreams R `Free ~> LOL
p.s. I heard she loves Monte's *^^^^^ & would love to ride in a BrickYard Monte ~> LOL

Last edited by Space; 02-16-2012 at 08:01 AM.
Old 02-16-2012, 08:08 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2012
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by 77gp
Keane, I don't know about you but I think red headed girls are hot and I have seen many a good looking red head.
I couldn't agree with you more, Jerry. I started exclusively dating a drop dead gorgeous redhead back in '85 and married her in '94. 27 years later she's just as hot as she was when we first got together.

Old 02-16-2012, 08:10 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Morning everyone!

Old 02-16-2012, 08:15 AM

Good Morning Mod`Mike,
It's great that so many member's check in with a `morning greeting, but I look 4ward someday to every member checking in with a GOOD Morning greeting....(I know it's morning) & I hope it's a Good Morning & new day 4-`all 4-Sure EnJoy

Old 02-16-2012, 08:26 AM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by 77gp
Good Morning all.
Drew did you see that 1995 Brickyard Monte on the Nashville CL for $1200? I posted that in the blog yesterday but you must not have been back on. Thought it may interest you.
Keane, I don't know about you but I think red headed girls are hot and I have seen many a good looking red head. Drew had good advice for you last night.Off to the shower. Check back later.
Agreed, but they're just super rare Super tired this morning, hopefully get my sub installed before i head off to work tonight Have a good day everyone

Old 02-16-2012, 08:40 AM

Morning, all. Got the front bumper on the Monte repaired and painted yesterday. I'd post pictures but you really can't see much difference. I guess it just looked bad to me cuz my car is so perfect everywhere else (except for all those paint chips on the hood, which will be painted next). It's another cold and gray and rainy and dark morning in St. Louis - but as Space says, it's better than no morning at all. Have a great automotive day everybody!!!

Old 02-16-2012, 08:46 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Possum
cuz my car is so perfect everywhere else
Modest much?

Old 02-16-2012, 08:48 AM

Good `Morning Angie,
Great to see you online...We (I) have missed you...It's great to read that your got your Monte painted in front & I hope it came out as good as new...I hope our friend `Rick is having a great time & don't end up in jail with his old friends

Cold & rainy days are Mother Natures way of making us really appreciate her SunShine Days when they return
So for now, you will have to be our
<~> Thank You & have a SuperSuper Monte Carlo Day

Quick Reply: Member's BLOG: Thursday, Febuary 16th 2012