Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/off-topic-5/)
-   -   Member's BLOG: Thursday Feb, 6th 2014 (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/off-topic-5/thursday-feb-6th-2014-a-47215/)

dbaldwin 02-06-2014 11:24 AM

Morning all! Finally got a chance to play with my brother in his 2004 CTS last night, we traded cars and went for a spin. When it comes to getting off the line I feel like my 3.8 ohv did it better then the 3.6 dohc, alot of torque off the bat is what I'v noticed from my engine. Even in sport mode I couldnt get the tires to spin as much as I would have liked on the cadi. (The car is have a camshaft issue so that could be part of it) that being said though as soon as I passed 2500 rpm she was a blast. We didnt get a chance to really pull but im pretty sure the cadi would win in the 1/4 mile. However when It came to handeling I was really surprised how stiff the caddy felt. It wasnt terrible, but she just didnt handle like my monte. Letting off the gas caused a deceleration a little Sharper than expected especially in the sport mode. The electronic throttle was also slightly less responsive than the throttle cable system we have. I feel more in contact with the car and the road with control like that. When flooring red my brother described feeling a little out of control over the instantaneous acceleration. Overall I loved the car and the rwd proved fun. Just thought id share my thoughts on that :)

red04montels 02-06-2014 11:36 AM

Sounds like a good time man

Just have to remember, that 3.6 CTS was never meant to be fast, it's a luxury old people car :rotfl:

dbaldwin 02-06-2014 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by red04montels (Post 595452)
Sounds like a good time man

Just have to remember, that 3.6 CTS was never meant to be fast, it's a luxury old people car :rotfl:

Nah, but its still a powerful car haha. My brother said fastest he's done is 130 so that beats the fastest I took red by 10.

red04montels 02-06-2014 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by dbaldwin (Post 595453)
Nah, but its still a powerful car haha. My brother said fastest he's done is 130 so that beats the fastest I took red by 10.

They'd probably get up to that in around the same time. The Caddy is heavier so they probably even out a bit.

I've had my car up to 115 in my young and dumb days, won't do that again unless I have a car that can get up there quickly and slow down quickly.

Like my buddies WS6, 140 in that thing is like nothing lol

crazyzach722 02-06-2014 11:55 AM

Good afternoon forum.

dbaldwin 02-06-2014 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by red04montels (Post 595455)

They'd probably get up to that in around the same time. The Caddy is heavier so they probably even out a bit.

I've had my car up to 115 in my young and dumb days, won't do that again unless I have a car that can get up there quickly and slow down quickly.

Like my buddies WS6, 140 in that thing is like nothing lol

120 didnt take me too long stopping isnt too bad either. But yeah im gonna hold off on the "need for speed" stuff for awhile, lol.

The_Maniac 02-06-2014 12:05 PM

Afternoon gang.

If anyone hasn't heard (but I think everyone has), looks like I totaled my winter beater last night. All in all, doing good and keeping positive that things will end up alright once this is all finished.

Originally Posted by red04montels (Post 595374)
*Insert Amanda comment here*

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Leprechaun93 02-06-2014 12:36 PM

Afternoon all, currently stuck in the snow with the suburban. Gonna be a long wait

dbaldwin 02-06-2014 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by Leprechaun93 (Post 595469)
Afternoon all, currently stuck in the snow with the suburban. Gonna be a long wait

How did you do that keane?

crazyzach722 02-06-2014 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by The_Maniac (Post 595463)
Afternoon gang.

If anyone hasn't heard (but I think everyone has), looks like I totaled my winter beater last night. All in all, doing good and keeping positive that things will end up alright once this is all finished.

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

That's good to hear man, things always turn out better eventually.