Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/off-topic-5/)
-   -   Member's BLOG: Thursday Feb, 6th 2014 (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/off-topic-5/thursday-feb-6th-2014-a-47215/)

STUMPMI 02-05-2014 11:49 PM

Thursday Feb, 6th 2014

1 Attachment(s)

= THE =
MONTE CARLO FORUM TODAY
Welcome ▪ Thusday, February 6th, 2014 ▪ Member's Blog

Welcome and thank you members for checking in with your Monte Carlo Family and
keeping our Forum active! Our active members are the ones that keep our Forum
moving and growing. Please make a post and become an active member and part of
our Monte Carlo Family, and also welcome our new members to our Forum and Blog.

You're welcome to post what is happening in your life with family, hobbies, cars, etc...
we are here all day 24/7.

MAKE A POST and say HI
Let us know that YOU checked in TODAY

The Monte Carlo Forum is a stress-free and fun automotive family zone.

Please don't hurt with your words and posts! http://yoursmiles.org/msmile/negative/m0918.gif
Your words paint the picture of YOU. Show respect toward your fellow members and
it will be shown to you.

If you have NOT read our Monte Carlo Forum rules, please click the link below and
enjoy your Monte Carlo Forum experience.

Crusader SS
Congratulations Damien!

Special thank you to our Forum Staff for their loyal dedication to the
Monte Carlo Forum!

Any member can start the Monte Carlo Forum Blog after midnight (12 AM EST).

STUMPMI 02-05-2014 11:51 PM

Good Morning EV1!

Hope everyone has a Great Day!
Stay safe in your Travels!

Mel:
Have a Great Show at the World of Wheels!:thumbsup:

MnteCrloSS47 02-05-2014 11:54 PM

Thanks for starting the Blog David!
Just to point out, there is a date in the blog it's self as well that needs to be changed too :)

red04montels 02-05-2014 11:55 PM

Goodmorning all!

monte carlo 3831 02-05-2014 11:56 PM

Originally Posted by MnteCrloSS47 (Post 595356)
Just to point out, there is a date in the blog it's self as well that needs to be changed too :)

Yes, needs corrected........:rolleyes:.......^

red04montels 02-05-2014 11:57 PM

Wow crabby, someone eat your licorice? ;)

Leprechaun93 02-05-2014 11:59 PM

morning all

Crusader SS 02-06-2014 12:04 AM

Good morning everyone... Well the cold West Coast style has hit, we'll be down to -8 celcius tonight... :(... That's an ouch out here...:rotfl:

MnteCrloSS47 02-06-2014 12:04 AM

Originally Posted by red04montels (Post 595360)
Wow crabby, someone eat your licorice? ;)

No ones gonna eat that, it's the black kind. no one likes that

Shelbo Mustang 02-06-2014 12:05 AM

Good Morning

Hope everyone has a great day!As for me, it's night night time!Talk to you all later.

owens91 02-06-2014 12:26 AM

Good morning people jus got done work and playin some call of duty, I thinkk imma make a sandwich and watch some breaking bad till I sleep. Be safe and uave a good day everyone

STUMPMI 02-06-2014 12:36 AM

Yw Devin...
and Thanks for the heads up.
Its been a long late day.....:chair: :rotfl:

red04montels 02-06-2014 12:59 AM

Originally Posted by MnteCrloSS47 (Post 595365)
No ones gonna eat that, it's the black kind. no one likes that

*Insert Amanda comment here*

JuniorCar 02-06-2014 05:34 AM

Mornin' folks!

I'm awake a sore from shoveling 20 tons yesterday. I think its fair to skip the workout this morning. Besides, I have to go shovel some more. And it's the crappy heavy stuff that the plow pushes into the driveway. My back still feels good - for now...

ChibiBlackSheep 02-06-2014 07:28 AM

Good morning everyone!

Still a lot of power-outages in my area, lots of roads still closed down due to downed trees and wires.

I made it work though :thumbsup:

STUMPMI 02-06-2014 08:08 AM

Good Day EV1!
Sleepy time is now over...lol
Woke up to another blustery snow filled day! :rolleyes:

It just would have been so nice to wake up to no more snow.. The sun out and 70 degrees.:rotfl: But that didn't happen..

Have a Great Day EV1!

lucasmblanco 02-06-2014 08:40 AM

Morning all, be careful with all that snow.
It's currently 32 in Houston... And that's too cold for most here

red04montels 02-06-2014 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by owens91 (Post 595369)
Good morning people jus got done work and playin some call of duty, I thinkk imma make a sandwich and watch some breaking bad till I sleep. Be safe and uave a good day everyone

What system you playing on?

MAMONTE 02-06-2014 09:12 AM

Good Morning Everyone!

Raining a lot here. :)

Leprechaun93 02-06-2014 09:52 AM

morning all

dbaldwin 02-06-2014 11:24 AM

Morning all! Finally got a chance to play with my brother in his 2004 CTS last night, we traded cars and went for a spin. When it comes to getting off the line I feel like my 3.8 ohv did it better then the 3.6 dohc, alot of torque off the bat is what I'v noticed from my engine. Even in sport mode I couldnt get the tires to spin as much as I would have liked on the cadi. (The car is have a camshaft issue so that could be part of it) that being said though as soon as I passed 2500 rpm she was a blast. We didnt get a chance to really pull but im pretty sure the cadi would win in the 1/4 mile. However when It came to handeling I was really surprised how stiff the caddy felt. It wasnt terrible, but she just didnt handle like my monte. Letting off the gas caused a deceleration a little Sharper than expected especially in the sport mode. The electronic throttle was also slightly less responsive than the throttle cable system we have. I feel more in contact with the car and the road with control like that. When flooring red my brother described feeling a little out of control over the instantaneous acceleration. Overall I loved the car and the rwd proved fun. Just thought id share my thoughts on that :)

red04montels 02-06-2014 11:36 AM

Sounds like a good time man

Just have to remember, that 3.6 CTS was never meant to be fast, it's a luxury old people car :rotfl:

dbaldwin 02-06-2014 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by red04montels (Post 595452)
Sounds like a good time man

Just have to remember, that 3.6 CTS was never meant to be fast, it's a luxury old people car :rotfl:

Nah, but its still a powerful car haha. My brother said fastest he's done is 130 so that beats the fastest I took red by 10.

red04montels 02-06-2014 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by dbaldwin (Post 595453)
Nah, but its still a powerful car haha. My brother said fastest he's done is 130 so that beats the fastest I took red by 10.

They'd probably get up to that in around the same time. The Caddy is heavier so they probably even out a bit.

I've had my car up to 115 in my young and dumb days, won't do that again unless I have a car that can get up there quickly and slow down quickly.

Like my buddies WS6, 140 in that thing is like nothing lol

crazyzach722 02-06-2014 11:55 AM

Good afternoon forum.

dbaldwin 02-06-2014 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by red04montels (Post 595455)

They'd probably get up to that in around the same time. The Caddy is heavier so they probably even out a bit.

I've had my car up to 115 in my young and dumb days, won't do that again unless I have a car that can get up there quickly and slow down quickly.

Like my buddies WS6, 140 in that thing is like nothing lol

120 didnt take me too long stopping isnt too bad either. But yeah im gonna hold off on the "need for speed" stuff for awhile, lol.

The_Maniac 02-06-2014 12:05 PM

Afternoon gang.

If anyone hasn't heard (but I think everyone has), looks like I totaled my winter beater last night. All in all, doing good and keeping positive that things will end up alright once this is all finished.

Originally Posted by red04montels (Post 595374)
*Insert Amanda comment here*

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Leprechaun93 02-06-2014 12:36 PM

Afternoon all, currently stuck in the snow with the suburban. Gonna be a long wait

dbaldwin 02-06-2014 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by Leprechaun93 (Post 595469)
Afternoon all, currently stuck in the snow with the suburban. Gonna be a long wait

How did you do that keane?

crazyzach722 02-06-2014 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by The_Maniac (Post 595463)
Afternoon gang.

If anyone hasn't heard (but I think everyone has), looks like I totaled my winter beater last night. All in all, doing good and keeping positive that things will end up alright once this is all finished.

That's good to hear man, things always turn out better eventually.

ohara 02-06-2014 02:48 PM

Afternoon everyone, got some disturbing news from the wife when I got home, she went to the Dr.s and had some bloodwork taken, turns out she may (fingers crossed she doesn't) have a tumor on her pituitary gland.

I'm telling you, when life kicks you, it kicks hard and square in the n*(* with a steel toe boot. Other issues going on but I always try to stay positive as I know life only gives you what you can handle, and I myself should have died a long time ago (wasn't supposed to make it through the night, and if I did I would be a vegetable and not be able to walk again, so I know for a fact medical science is not always accurate as I can walk, talk and breath so all is good that way) but sometimes it seems things keep coming at you time and time again. Oh well not going to get down on it and going to keep a positive attitude :)

Leprechaun93 02-06-2014 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by dbaldwin (Post 595474)
How did you do that keane?

Was blasting through a snow drift and it veered off and got stuck. Made it through the drift once already, but had turned around to go back home. No friends were available to come pull us out, so I had to call a wrecker to the tune of about $220

https://scontent-a-sea.xx.fbcdn.net/...87777724_n.jpg

https://scontent-b-sea.xx.fbcdn.net/...12521618_n.jpg

red04montels 02-06-2014 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by The_Maniac (Post 595463)
Afternoon gang.

Glad you're okay after the accident! I actually almost got hit today pulling into the parking lot here at school.

Everything else going well?

Originally Posted by Leprechaun93 (Post 595469)

:rolleyes:

joeykl66 02-06-2014 03:27 PM

Afternoon all just got back from mexico and its still cold here in pgh,pa!

Shelbo Mustang 02-06-2014 03:43 PM

Good afternoon everyone,Just got back from a drive in the Monte and I'v seen it on here before but I'll say it again"The Monte Carlo is hands down the best car I have ever driven in the snow!

red04montels 02-06-2014 04:39 PM

I shared this on facebook... I'll share it for you guys too...

Keane everybody..

https://scontent-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hpho...38326599_n.jpg

JuniorCar 02-06-2014 05:16 PM

I think maybe Keane been FWD too long...

Anyways, good afternoon folks!

I called it this morning - I knew my back wouldn't hold up much longer. This morning I posted that my back felt pretty good inspite a lot of shoveling yesterday. That was minutes before throwing it out. I knew I was pushing my luck as I hadn't had an episode in, like, 3-4 weeks. But there was more shoveling to do, and I can't let the pregnant wife do it. My back doesn't gradually get sore. It just sorta snaps on me - what I imagine be tazed feels like. One second I'm shoveling, the next I'm on the ground in agony. After a minute I hobbled/crawled/rolled back into the house and laid flat for 15 minutes trying to get my breath. Then medication. Then off to work. This sucks.

I'm gonna go lay down now. More meds. Night, night...

Crusader SS 02-06-2014 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by ohara (Post 595486)
Afternoon everyone, got some disturbing news from the wife when I got home, she went to the Dr.s and had some bloodwork taken, turns out she may (fingers crossed she doesn't) have a tumor on her pituitary gland.

I'm telling you, when life kicks you, it kicks hard and square in the n*(* with a steel toe boot. Other issues going on but I always try to stay positive as I know life only gives you what you can handle, and I myself should have died a long time ago (wasn't supposed to make it through the night, and if I did I would be a vegetable and not be able to walk again, so I know for a fact medical science is not always accurate as I can walk, talk and breath so all is good that way) but sometimes it seems things keep coming at you time and time again. Oh well not going to get down on it and going to keep a positive attitude :)

Hey Ken.... You and your wife will be in our thoughts and prayers...

red04montels 02-06-2014 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by Crusader SS (Post 595527)

x2

best of luck! :thumbsup:

ohara 02-06-2014 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by Crusader SS (Post 595527)

Thanks Damien