Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/off-topic-5/)
-   -   Member's BLOG: -> Thursday: August 18, 2011 (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/off-topic-5/thursday-august-18-2011-a-30343/)

Leprechaun93 08-18-2011 02:49 PM

Good afternoon everyone, quite busy on here i see. I've been busy running around packing and preparing to head out camping tommorow. Heading to upstate ny for the state fair and just to get away for a while before school starts and its a nice break from work.

Ricks 2006 SS 08-18-2011 03:03 PM

Bought this last flag pole from Menard's. We get such strom winds here where I live. As it rounds the corner of the house It picks up speed . One with the falg on it bent it right over to the ground. So much for that flag. So I took that section out. So it was about 21/2 ft smaller. Wind was blowing so hard with the hail and stuff blowing past the house one night. My wife called me at work. Which she never ever does. So that sent a SHOCK thru my system!!! Told me how bad the storm was and that the flag pole might go down again. Cause it's a 45 degree angle now. As she's talking to me...she says well there it goes! Maybe it just not a thick enough Alum tubing ??? The 25 ft tree in front of it was snapped about 6in below ground !!! Now our side of the house looks empty. Ugly :(..........We bought one to hang off the deck now. With no problems so far. Now we only put the falg up on Hoilday's. Then back in at night.

Tadcaster 08-18-2011 04:50 PM

Hey friends. Back from Bluffton In. spent 6 hours round trip on the road today in a Hyundai SUV.
Bluffton is our closet plant I don't know that I will be able to do this each week Iam beat. I did nothing different at this plant that i couldn't do from my home office.

Corperate managers are soooo fricken dumb.

I have to visit a plant once a week setup office and let them look at my smiley face. Hasen't corperate heard of e-mail, telphones and web conference? Iam a computer programmer not a Hover vacume salesperson.

Time for another beer.

xxtheshockerxx 08-18-2011 04:55 PM

Hey everyone. It is storming here :( so i dont have anything going on tonight. i might upload a couple pics of my dads camaro and my monte at the show n shine we went to.

77gp 08-18-2011 06:12 PM

Tad-I know Bluffton. I put some time in there last year. We sometimes have a plant there, but always a rock quarry there. Its about an hour from me. We paved that highway 1 you probably drove on to get into town.

monte carlo 3831 08-18-2011 11:47 PM

latest news for my Z34....

first e-mail today..

Hi Chris,

In fact, we got a call from a transport company this morning, arranging to pick up the Monte Carlo this afternoon. I don't know the precise delivery timeframe, but the car should be headed your direction within a few hours.

second e-mail today..

Hi Chris,

The driver from the transport service is loading your car as I type this. If you call Shelly again in the morning, she will probably be able to give you an idea of the delivery timing. I'm afraid I can't provide any kind of an estimate for you, but I would not expect the car will make it to you so quickly as tonight.

***as far as today went: I got most of the papers in order for the purchase of my moms house. The back yard was somewhat put back together form this past weekend when I had to get an excavator in here to find the water line so he could attach an outside shut-off valve to be in compliance with my local borough.

things are moving pretty quick and getting a little confusing with all the people involved and the checkbook is smoking.....:eek:

to be continued.....................