Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

ThunderBirds at Colorado Springs (photos)

  #1  
Old 05-22-2017, 11:36 PM
drivernumber3's Avatar
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 4,208
Smile ThunderBirds at Colorado Springs (photos)

ThunderBirds at Colorado Springs (photos)


Wow the US Air force Thunderbirds are in
Colorado Springs and so am I.
Today they were out flying and practicing
so I thought it would be fun to share some
action photo's
They are fast some of the photo's I was at 300mm lens setting.



























 
Attached Thumbnails ThunderBirds at Colorado Springs (photos)-img_3277z.jpg   ThunderBirds at Colorado Springs (photos)-img_3287z.jpg   ThunderBirds at Colorado Springs (photos)-img_3314z.jpg   ThunderBirds at Colorado Springs (photos)-img_3335z.jpg   ThunderBirds at Colorado Springs (photos)-img_3276z.jpg  

ThunderBirds at Colorado Springs (photos)-img_3309z.jpg   ThunderBirds at Colorado Springs (photos)-img_3311z.jpg   ThunderBirds at Colorado Springs (photos)-img_3297z.jpg  
  #2  
Old 05-24-2017, 02:00 PM
Sidestreet's Avatar
Monte Of The Month -- January 2017
3 Year Member
1 Year Member
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Papillion, NE
Posts: 286
Default

It's so impressive that the Air Force Thunderbirds have been flying the F-16 for decades now, and they still look so cool and fly so well.


It used to be, back in the '50s and '60s, that the team went thru a whole bunch of different fighter jets.
 
  #3  
Old 05-24-2017, 03:47 PM
drivernumber3's Avatar
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 4,208
Smile

Originally Posted by Sidestreet View Post
It's so impressive that the Air Force Thunderbirds have been flying the F-16 for decades now, and they still look so cool and fly so well.


It used to be, back in the '50s and '60s, that the team went thru a whole bunch of different fighter jets.


I remember the Super Sabre and the F-4 Phantom, I saw them once in the T-38 talon this is the one that 4 of them Crashed in 1982 and I think it was a year or longer before they got F-16's and they have been on them since.
Pretty neat they were buzzin the house when my daughter lives.
 
  #4  
Old 05-24-2017, 11:54 PM
ZIPPY02's Avatar
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Mountains of Utah
Posts: 4,653
Default

Excellent photos you have for yourself. Jealous, wonderful opportunity.

You did start having flash backs and start digging a fighting position to take cover in did you?
 
  #5  
Old 05-25-2017, 05:14 AM
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: around cal city,il
Posts: 3,136
Default

Originally Posted by drivernumber3 View Post
I remember the Super Sabre and the F-4 Phantom, I saw them once in the T-38 talon this is the one that 4 of them Crashed in 1982 and I think it was a year or longer before they got F-16's and they have been on them since.
Pretty neat they were buzzin the house when my daughter lives.
Thats soo cool, yesterday I got to see 1959 Mig-21 fishbed, Mig 17 and a Yak-15.. Maybe a hundred feet above our car as they circled the town and finally came in for a landing..

Rockford, il has their "airfest" every year and always have some rare historical aircraft.. Probably rehearsal or something like that..

Awesome pictures tho..
 
  #6  
Old 05-25-2017, 11:03 PM
drivernumber3's Avatar
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 4,208
Smile

Originally Posted by ZIPPY02 View Post
Excellent photos you have for yourself. Jealous, wonderful opportunity.

You did start having flash backs and start digging a fighting position to take cover in did you?


The thought crossed my mind but these planes are unarmed, besides they would still blow you over if they had a mind too?

I just happened to be there visiting my daughter and family, in the Springs and it is always great picture territory.
 
  #7  
Old 05-28-2017, 10:03 PM
ZIPPY02's Avatar
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Mountains of Utah
Posts: 4,653
Default

Originally Posted by drivernumber3 View Post
The thought crossed my mind but these planes are unarmed, besides they would still blow you over if they had a mind too?

I just happened to be there visiting my daughter and family, in the Springs and it is always great picture territory.
Nice, good for you to get out with your family members, awesome. Know you are always away from home and sacrifice quality time because of your job and those of us who need you in dire times. Thanks Divernumber3, you are awesome guy!
 

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.