Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

A Thought for Star Wars fans..... (WARNING: POSTS CONTAIN SPOILERS)

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2007, 03:49 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default A Thought for Star Wars fans..... (WARNING: POSTS CONTAIN SPOILERS)

Hey guys... I was just thinking about something the other day. Star War centers around this guys, Anakin Skywalker, the chosen one.

So anyways, has anybody ever noticed, to be the chosen one... he sure does get his @$$ whooped alot don't he? Lets have a look, shall we?

Attack of the Clones: Captured at the droid factory, lightsaber destroeyd, loses right arm to Count Dooku.

Revenge of the Sith: He does well up until the end, loses both legs and left arm to Obi Wan Kenobi, gets the black suit.

He does alright in episode 4 and 5, but in Return of the Jedi, he gets his right arm sliced off again by his own son, Luke Skywalker, and dies after tossing the emperror down the shaft.

So heres the thought again... to be the greatest jedi ever, the one to bring balance to the force... the Chosen One... to be such a great Jedi, doesn't he get his @$$ tore up a lot?

Old 11-30-2007, 05:04 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: A Thought for Star Wars fans.....

Guess it's better to remain who I am then to become one of the chosen jedi?

Say in Return Of The Redeye isn't it Luke who get's his hand sliced off by the dark one?

Old 11-30-2007, 06:02 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008

Good points, I will have a chance to be the greatest Jedi ever.[sm=vader.gif]

Old 11-30-2007, 06:11 PM

He does fulfill the prophecy. Before him, there was more good than evil in the universe. He brought evil, and restored balance. Of course, eventually his son swung things back toward the good again. What can you do?

Old 11-30-2007, 07:29 PM

5 Year Member

Empire Strikes Back is where he got his right arm chopped off by Darth Vader... in Return of hte Jedi he kind of returns the favor by chopping off the already fake arm on Darth Vader... big deal i guess.

Old 12-01-2007, 03:09 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I know I went to see one.

Since I'm a Trekker (nota Trekkie) Star Wars was never a big deal with me.

Old 12-01-2007, 05:07 PM

Actually that is kind of a sore spot with me in the way the the last movie was written or maybe rewritten from what was described in earlier publications on Darth Vader. I'm talking about the Bantha Tracks magazine days here.

Alot of people felt that mostof the Attack of the Clones should have been redone and had the topics of the first 3/4 of Revenge of the Sith in it. The ROTS movie should have started off with destruction at the Jedi temple and the whooping from Kenobi.

The rest of the movie should have centered on Vader just getting into a ton of fights and slaughtering the Jedi as the previous publications should have. Outside the movies Vader was know to take on multiple Jedi at the same time and just wade through them whether cutting them up or using the force to throw them over cliffs, snap necks, and a few other kick *** kills.

George really made him look like a wuss in the movies and not the Dark Lord everyone was terrified of.

Old 12-01-2007, 05:23 PM

5 Year Member

don't forget the construction fo the Death Star either... Count Dooku is actually seen taking these plans back to his master... if you look closely, while they have it "on" i guess, its the death star plans, as early as Clones. I thought Anakin looked like Padme's little maid for half of the second movie... I didn't like it all. I thought Revenge of the Sith was the best of the new trilogy, although many movie critics don't like it. I suppose outside the moveis Anakin was a true bad butt, but in the movies, he is the chosen one, greatest jedi ever, and gets his @$$ tore up in half of the movies.

I think Revenge of hte Sith was pretty good the way ti was, because breaking in the middle of the emperor converting him, then picking up with that happening in the beginnign of the movie? In my mind, Anakins conversion was the climax of the movie. Having the climax in the beginning of a movie doesn't make much sense. I think ti was laid out about as good as it could have been.

plus, I don't see how Vader really did much except destroy the temple. Order 66 of the clone troops did most of hte killing, or atleast what we can see in Revenge of the Sith. all Vader had to do was finish the job.

Old 12-01-2007, 05:42 PM

Exactly. This is where Lucas screwed up. ROTS is definately the best of the 2nd trilogy, but the last 2 movies should have been rewritten and the final having Vader actually making a name for himself. I'm talking about the Ghorman massacre and other powerfull statements of force he conducted. The movies should have shown him taking on multiple Jedi's like the Emperor did but more. I'm talking it should have looked like Kill Bill style with limbs all over and bodies all over. That is the way he is portrayed in the novels, magazines and even Lucas himself.

I can't understand why Lucas ran with the weak script.

Old 12-01-2007, 06:01 PM

5 Year Member

hmm... yeah, myabe a good 10 or so minutes of Vader in a black suit running around killing the remaining jedi between being unveiled in his black suit and the end, where he stands with Emperor on the bridge and watches the construction of the death star.... and i really hate how they unveiled him. He comes out like Frankenstein going "NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!" The only thing missing was maybe the line "Me, friend......"

Quick Reply: A Thought for Star Wars fans..... (WARNING: POSTS CONTAIN SPOILERS)