Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

For those of you that pray

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2009, 09:31 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: For those of you that pray

I did a google search on Glen. Very talented man.
What ever the good Lord's plan is for him, I pray that he doesn't suffer in pain.
Keeping Glen and his family and friends in my prayers.

Old 02-23-2009, 08:06 AM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month - April 2008

Thanks for the prayers, keep 'em coming.

Cort, I'm not exactly sure. The info we get is spotty andthe only kin that I'm aware of is a daughter that he hasn't seen in 10 years. (I don't know the reasons, don't really care, that's her problem.) He lives in another state. I have never met him in person but have talked to him on the phone as well as online many, many, manytimes. He has helped me in this business probably more than everyone else I know combined as I know he has helped many others too, most of which have not met him in person. He's been sculpting a new line of deer forms recently. He even sent me one (the second one out of the mold) for my opinion on it. We spent hours discussing the pros and cons of it (way more pros than cons btw).

I'm praying that some of theinfo I received the other day wasn't quite right (hubby has a friend that's dad was diagnosed with cancer, cancer he did NOT have, the treatment almost killed him before someone woke up and realized they were wrong). Anyway, here's the news we got this morning:

"I just received a phone call from Franz this morning with news on Glen. He had open heart surgery and did well. They were also able to fix his hip. I was told his current condition is improving so please keep praying, because it must be working. Get well soon Glen, we are all pulling for you.

Thanks,
Dan" [/align]

Old 02-23-2009, 08:42 AM

Hello `Becky,
It was good to read your positive report on your `friend.
Hope is a belief in a positive outcome related to events and circumstances in one's life. Hope is the feeling that what is wanted can be had or that events will turn out for the best.
I hope & pray for your `friend.`amen
`Space

Old 02-23-2009, 08:44 AM

My thoughts and prayers are with your friend. I find your topic heading interesting: "For those who pray". I'm willing to bet, that EVERYONE prays, even athiests, when times get tough and they think the end of their life is near. The military calls them "foxhole christians" or something to that extent. "Every knee shall bow and every voice proclaim that Jesus Christ is King!"
Good luck to your friend - sounds like things are gettingbetter.

Old 02-23-2009, 08:57 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009

i was thinking about this last night, i was going to post this morning and see if you had heard anything. SO great to hear he seems to be doing better. will keep him in my thoughts. take care!

Old 02-23-2009, 09:19 AM

So sorry to hear about your friend. Stay strong Glen, prayers and best hopes and wishes are en route to you.

Old 02-23-2009, 04:28 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month - April 2008

Awesome new news! I'm copying and pasting this post from another forum:

"NEW NEWS!!! Harley was able to stop by today and visit with Glen for a bit. He says Glen is able to sit up in bed and is able to speak a bit. He had a ROUGH time. Seems that when he went to the OR for his back problems, he suffered a heart attack on the table (If you're gonna have one, what better place could you be?) Harley says that he's heavily sedated but the nurses told him that his condition is "improving". He had no idea all of us were here rooting for him and Harley said he seemed a bit surprised when he told him. So keep the prayers coming.

BTW, Harley knew he'd find me at home so he called me to ask me to post this. Today is HIS BIRTHDAY and he and his wife have plans tonight (YOU GO HARLEY). Anyway, we owe Harley a big thanks for current and real life contact information. Happy Birthday Harley. And Thanx."[/align]

Old 02-23-2009, 04:51 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009

that's great news!! here's hoping for a full recovery for Glen!!!

Old 02-23-2009, 06:26 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Glad to hear your friend is improving, Becky.

Quick Reply: For those of you that pray