Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Is There A Way.......

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2009, 11:34 AM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Is There A Way.......

Anyone remember I mentioned a black supercharge SS setting at the Chevy dealer down the street from where I work? I posted I test drove the car and wouldn't mind owning it.

Going to work this morning I see this very dealership is now closed. I mean the inventory is gone.

I see this Monte and a few other vehicles are setting at the back of the lot by themselves.

I wonder if there's a way to get this car? Surely a bank some place still has the title to it? But how would I go about finding out who has it?

There's this thought in the back of my head. Wonder if they'd take $3500 for the car? It would save them the expense from having to take it to auction.

But how would I go about finding who has the title to the car?

My girlfriend Debbie said, "Stop in at the Chysler dealer across the street. Ask them if they would know?"

Old 10-26-2009, 11:44 AM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- August 2009

Go for it. Look into it! You might be able to find information on this dealer through the city. They have records of local businesses, I'm sure.

Old 10-26-2009, 11:49 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

When a local dealership closed up, there was a notice on the door directing any inquiries to a certain person and phone number. I think it was a legal firm or something.

Is there anything posted on any of the doors or anywhere?

Old 10-26-2009, 06:56 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007

My guess is they are in a lot close by. Seen it happen about a year ago. They took the inventory across the street to another dealer, and packed them in the back lot. Check around. Ask locals.

Old 10-26-2009, 07:18 PM
rj
15 Year Member

The Monte and about 12 other vehicles are still on the Chevy dealership lot. Only now instead of being out front, they're all parked in the back in a single line.

A co-worker said he stopped the dealership last week to buy a part. He said they would only take cash business and the next morning the lot was cleared off. All the new cars/trucks were gone.

Originally Posted by Taz
When a local dealership closed up, there was a notice on the door directing any inquiries to a certain person and phone number. I think it was a legal firm or something.

Is there anything posted on any of the doors or anywhere?
I can check. It could be there is info posted on the door? I'll stop by tomorrow morning after work.

If I find nothing I'll head over the Mopar dealer and talk to them.

Old 10-27-2009, 11:55 AM
rj
15 Year Member

Looks like trying to get the Monte is a waste of time.

I stopped at the now closed dealer building this morning looking for any information as to who to contact incase a need arises? No information posted any place I could see.

The car is still setting on the lot. No information posted on it.

I called my sister at the county building. To see if she might be able to help? None.
She said call the car title building. They say they can't give out any information even as to which bank may have the title to the car? Which I figured.
Drove over to the Mopar dealer. The receptionist said, "Oh whoever they got the car from will probably come get it." DUH! How can that be?
A sales guy at the Mopar dealer said they contacted the Chevy dealer yesterday wanting a Mopar truck setting near the Monte. They weren't given any help either. (if his story is even true?)

At least I tried.

Old 10-27-2009, 12:13 PM

Probably a stupid question but did you try calling the number to the dealership? Was a local Chevy dealer that closed shop about 6 years ago down here, I didn't know and called about a part, lady answered the phone explained they had closed about a month before and told me the nearest dealer... One I was going to drive past to go an additional 30 miles because they treated me like.... well that's a different story for a different time. Wouldn't hurt to give it a shot if you haven't.

Good luck, don't give up the fight, someone has to lay claim to it!

Old 10-28-2009, 11:07 AM
rj
15 Year Member

Good idea and worth a try.

A co-worker told me today he saw a listing on Craig's List for tools and such being sold by one of the mechanics who was working at this chevy dealer.

Old 10-28-2009, 11:37 AM
rj
15 Year Member

I just tried. The phone rings in a circle.

You press 2 for sales and get the automated system again. Press 6 to car title and get the automated system again.

I wonder if a carfax would net any results? I found the Monte VIN listed on their web site.

Old 10-29-2009, 12:47 AM

Rj... ask todd to run it for you. He has an unlimited membership. He ran the carfax on my monte, and I found out a lot about her, as in I'm only the 2nd owner. And the PO beat the damn thing to death and all but about replaced the engine. The transmission was already replaced before I had to put the new one that's in it NOW. the only other thing I can think of, is CALL GM with the vin number and tell them YOU WANT THAT CAR... and you want to find out what dealership it was given to, if they can tell you, and if they can assist you yknow just tell them youre willing to pay cash for it. hell for that much i'd even buy it.

what about the police??? you can see if it's been an abandoned vehicle and if they can assist you with getting a title????

Quick Reply: Is There A Way.......