Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Themed Bi-monthly photo contest: Planes, Trains, Rusted Automobiles

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2015, 11:36 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Themed Bi-monthly photo contest: Planes, Trains, Rusted Automobiles

Wow the last contest was great, thanks so very much to all of you outstanding MCF members for making it the best one so far. We had 3 members each with 3 votes tied for the lead and then here comes drivernumber3 who trailed the whole contest, out of the back of the pack to take the win with 5 votes, what a finish for sure. I don't think any of us saw that one coming... You are all very much appreciated from the submitter's to the voters, everyone played a role. THANKS for being contributing members, that is what makes this forum rock. Wonder how this new contest will play out, who can pull the rabbit out of the hat and walk away with the winning picture.

drivenumber3 as the last contest winner is charged with choosing the new contest topic. We are getting into the time of year when a few of us members put our Monte's into storage, but I believe many of you can make this shot happen. Perhaps you have a recent photo with one of these transportation methods already on your computer and this is the moment you can use it.

Our new contest topic is "Planes, Trains, Rusty Automobiles"

Gas up your Monte, grab your camera and search out a unique setting with either of the above. Can you sneak up close to an AC-130 gunship or perhaps one of those long coal trains moving through the area. And here is the new angle being played by drivernumber3, it can also be with a "Rusty" automobile. The logic being there will be a contrast between your shiny gorgeous Monte and the hull of a rusty ol car / truck. I think it will make for a nice shoot, you just have to find that right automobile and back drop for your money shot. That has the making of an awesome picture...

So the rules are all entries must be submitted by this Sat. the 21st of Nov. by 12 pm PST. Your submittal should not be older than 3 months. There will be space for 10 submissions. Submit your pictures to THIS thread. Best of luck while your out hunting for that trick shot.

Remember all winning pictures will be permanently archived here on the forum with the past winners. And you will receive a link to a frame-able certificate with the contest theme you won on that includes your winning picture.

Good luck all, lets see how high you fly or ride the rails or outshine a rust bucket!! Again, thanks from all of us for participating in what ever manner you choose! You all are awesome!!!

View the past contest winning pictures at the link below, you just know your Monte needs to be in there, it's only a matter of time.

https://montecarloforum.com/forum/of...winners-53704/

Last edited by ZIPPY02; 11-15-2015 at 11:39 PM.
Old 11-20-2015, 10:38 AM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Smile

The Cold weather has reduced the time out doors. I was able to get in a few shots, I think this one is most likely the better of the ones I got.

Attached Thumbnails Themed Bi-monthly photo contest: Planes, Trains, Rusted Automobiles-planes.jpg  

Last edited by drivernumber3; 11-20-2015 at 10:38 AM. Reason: photo
Old 11-20-2015, 01:47 PM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Only thing i have is a night shot lol