Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Thanks to mr moparman :)

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2012, 12:17 PM

Monte Of The Month -- May 2013
1 Year Member
Default Thanks to mr moparman :)

This a another reason I love this site. I had a problem with my garage door when we got back from Arizona. 1st let me explain there are two issue's with it. The 1st one is. When the afternoon Sun hit the sensors that stop the door from closing when something or somebody goes thru it. Is what this is mostly about. While we were gone my daughter came by to check on our place for us. Well it was after 2 pn & te Sun was hitting the senor. So it wouldn't come down. It would start then shoot back up. So we pulled the disconect cord and closed it that way. So when I got back here to Mn. I tried to open it or close it. Just a buzzing sound . Oh no Now I need a new one. With the prices running from $149.00 to $220.00. I put it off for a few days. Then talking to Gregg A.K.A. Mr Mopar Man. He told me what to look for. Even thou that wasn't it. It still got me up there to check it out. I took a few wires off and put them back making sure they were tight. Then I hit the release and brought the door back down by hand. Oiled everything. Reset the door back up. Then hit the switch. IT WORKED YAHOOOOOO! Just saved about $200.00 and some cus words for another time! Thanks again Gregg for your help. If it wasn't for you. I wouldn't have even looked at anything. Its 12 yrs old so I just figured it gone. Wrong again Batman. So glad we have members on here trying to help others. thats what this car sport is all about.

Old 04-17-2012, 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by Ricks 2006 SS
This a another reason I love this site. I had a problem with my garage door when we got back from Arizona. Then talking to Gregg A.K.A. Mr Mopar Man. He told me what to look for. Even thou that wasn't it.<~LOL ~ LOL

It still got me up there to check it out.IT WORKED YAHOOOOOO! Just saved about $200.00 ! Thanks again Gregg for inspiring me to get off my butt . LOL

If it wasn't for you I wouldn't have $200 to party with NOW. . So glad we have members on here trying to help others. thats what this car sport is all about.
(above was edited) LOL
Hi Rick, I was just about to log `off & then read your new Thread ~> LOL ~ LOL
Yes, the MCF is Member's Help'in Member's 4-Sure
Thanks for sharing "Even though I didn't help you" ~>
I'm really spacey from lack of Z's...EnJoy your day & your Working Garage Door with Florida Mopar's encouragement LOL

Last edited by Space; 04-17-2012 at 12:33 PM.
Old 04-17-2012, 12:38 PM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Glad you got up there and checked it out Rick. So many people just throw stuff away nowadays because they just assume it's not working it must be junk. I try to fix everything first sometimes I succeed sometimes I fail. I have found and fixed an Oreck vacuum that was clogged with paperclips and a 150000btu Kerosene salamander with spiders nests covering the photoelectric eye so it wouldnt fire. Both things took about 5 minutes to fix.

Old 04-17-2012, 12:38 PM

Monte Of The Month -- May 2013
1 Year Member

yeah buddy. Thats the way this car thing is suppose to work. It remeinds me the bikers I know.

Old 04-17-2012, 02:54 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

well he solved your problems from a long way out.

Old 04-17-2012, 05:12 PM

Thats also another thing I love! On a lot of things I'm lacking in knowledge and a lot of members have helped me out on here especially Chibi!