Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Telematics

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2006, 03:07 PM
Default Telematics

What the hell are "Telematics". On the MSN auto comparison charts, they have a category for "Telematics".Indicating whether the vehicle has them/it or not. What the hell is or are "Telematics, anybody know????

Old 12-29-2006, 03:47 PM
Default RE: Telematics

ORIGINAL: Revitupfaster

What the hell are "Telematics". On the MSN auto comparison charts, they have a category for "Telematics".Indicating whether the vehicle has them/it or not. What the hell is or are "Telematics, anybody know????
Say Rev,

Here you go.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Telematics

Ron

Old 12-29-2006, 04:46 PM

Translation - how much tracking junk has been added to the car like OnStar.

Old 12-29-2006, 07:46 PM

Thanks guys, wow do I feel a lot smarter now. Boy I've had this telematics crap in my last few cars and didn't even know it. Now if I can figure out what an MP3 player, Bluetooth technology, and this WYFI stuff is, I should be right up with the current generation. Its hard for us old guys to keep up.

Old 12-29-2006, 08:33 PM

Hey Ron, you and I are of the same vintage, 1944. Must be about the oldest Monte Carlo nuts on this board. By the looks of your description, your 07 Monte must be quite a looker. Have you posted any pics of it?? Would sure like to see them. I've ordered a new 07 in the Black Amythyst colour, hope it looks OK, haven't seen any in this colour yet.

Old 12-29-2006, 09:14 PM

[align=center]
[/align]
Hey Ron, you and I are of the same vintage, 1944. Must be about the oldest Monte Carlo nuts on this board. By the looks of your description, your 07 Monte must be quite a looker. Have you posted any pics of it?? Would sure like to see them. I've ordered a new 07 in the Black Amythyst colour, hope it looks OK, haven't seen any in this colour yet.
Hey Bill, 10-4 on being about the oldest nuts here. I've not taken time to take any pictures with my new camera, Santa brought me. I've been awful busy around the house since retiring. I hoping you will like your new SS color. I was looking to order the same but chicken out since I couldn't compare that color in person with black.

Ron

Old 12-29-2006, 10:45 PM

Thanks guys, wow do I feel a lot smarter now. Boy I've had this telematics crap in my last few cars and didn't even know it. Now if I can figure out what an MP3 player, Bluetooth technology, and this WYFI stuff is, I should be right up with the current generation. Its hard for us old guys to keep up.
Hey Bill, this will tell you about the MP3 Player.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MP3_Player
Ron

Old 12-29-2006, 10:51 PM

Hey Bill, this will tell you about the Bluetooth Technology.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bluetooth

Ron