Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

taz's visit around the world.. pics only

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2010, 07:26 PM

Can't spell PIMP without an MP
Monte Of The Month -- November 2010
2010 Monte Of The Year
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

There they are! My son wasn't cooperating very well for most of the photos, but we had a good time! The last one is outside the jail from the 1800's. This is the building where Geronimo was held for a long time before his death. Tomorrow the shirt will be mailed off to Richard!

Attached Thumbnails taz's visit around the world.. pics only-miller2.jpg   taz's visit around the world.. pics only-miller3.jpg   taz's visit around the world.. pics only-miller4.jpg   taz's visit around the world.. pics only-miller5.jpg   taz's visit around the world.. pics only-miller6.jpg  

Old 10-24-2010, 08:35 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2010

Mkk here are my photos, I finally have DSL so I can do this stuff now at home without dealing with the slow Spring aircard we had lol these won't all fit into one post though, I think this is all I took but idk I'll have to look through my pics again later.
Alright my first pics with it were at the college I'm currently attending...

Okay the second set of pics were with Ryan during our photoshoot (that I still need to post a thread about lol)
Across from Conoco...some of our fav memories came from hanging at that gas station my senior year (& Ryan's junior year) of high school

At the city park, another place where a ton of memories were made ranging from nights dancing in the parking lot, to messing around with the cars, to taking pics before prom

At our high school...some crazy years there

Me in front of the Catholic school I went to K-8

Old 10-24-2010, 08:46 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2010

Alrighty more pics!
Then me & Ryan went to Indian Point or whatever the park is called close to his house lol

&& then I met up with Mike later that day to go take pics at Indian Point...

& then we went to the scary hotel that I did the photoshoot of the monte at

& then I slipped on my jammies since we were at a hotel & yeah you get the funny connection lol

&& then the day with Jeff

Alrighty & I think that's it with the shirt. I tried sooo hard to get all of us together but no matter how hard I tried it just couldn't happen. & I tried to get a pic by the Arch but I couldn't figure a good spot but the day after mine & Jeff's day, I figured out the perfect spot to take the pic with the Arch but it was already too late =( oh well I'll just go down there with the monte & take some pics for the heck of it

Old 11-08-2010, 09:46 PM
Default Visit to Little Rock

Well, here are the handful of pictures that I was able to take in and around Little Rock. LIke I said earlier in the "Group Send around........." My weekend got messed up and I don't want to hold this up any. So enjoy what I do, have.

President Clinton Library

Burns park covered bridge.

Maumelle park with Ark. River

"Taz" with shirt......BlaaAUghkk.Thhpppttttt !

Old 11-22-2010, 09:50 AM

Okay, my turn. I was going to meet up with danariel, but she had some car troubles. I went to nashville first.
nashville fairgrounds, they are ppanning to tear this down and make a park. We need to save this place as it is a big part of tennessee and nascar history.

Then we went over to the old marathon motor works plant (some nostalgia)

Then to the parthenon

nashville superspeedway (they wouldn't let us in.)

Taz has officially been to the direct geographical center of Tennessee

more to come

Old 11-22-2010, 11:58 AM

Alright, now Taz goes into us history at the battle of stones river.
First stop, the oaklands manor.

Stones river battle field (there is a phone number you can dial, ill get back to you with the number, but these are the stops on the tour. You dial the phone number and press which stop you are at and it gives you a 2minute read out of the area you are looking at.)
stop 1

Scary sight, looking down the barrel of a taz encrested cannon

Stop 2 slaughter pin

My friend who tagged along holding taz the yellow sign on the tree next to him warns of overhead hazards due to a tornado that swept through the area back in spring.

This is tour stop 3 the ceder thicket.

I actually found a ghost of a soldier walking about the battlefield, let's see if you can see him

We actually ran into him walking down a trail to the ceder area, the reason for no pics is its just so thick, I only saw trees.
the whole point of this stop was because much of the battle was fought in the thicket of trees. Bullets would get much past 10 feet without hitting a tree or two making it really difficult to hit your target.

Old 12-07-2010, 09:58 AM

Here's a couple shots of Taz with my daughter at the Ole Miss / Miss State football game last week. Sorry they're kinda fuzzy; my wife shot them with her phonecam.

8 Dec 10: Added one with full-scale Saturn V replica at the U.S. Space & Rocket Center in the background taken from Calhoun Community College where my wife works.

More pic's to follow...

P.S. I'm experiencing technical difficulties changing pic's from thumbnails to full-size embedded. Taz sent me instructions (thanks, Taz), but I'm still not having any luck. Here's what I tried:
  • Upload the pictures as normal and submit the post.
  • When your post appears, click on the thumbnail picture. If it shows up with a dark background, click the picture again so it shows up on just a blank white screen.
  • Then you can right-click and select "copy".
  • Go back to the thread, and click the "edit" button at the bottom right corner of your post.
  • From there you can right-click inside your post and select "paste". This will paste the full size picture into your post.
So far, no dice. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Attached Thumbnails taz's visit around the world.. pics only-taz-ole-miss-1.jpg   taz's visit around the world.. pics only-taz-ole-miss-2.jpg   taz's visit around the world.. pics only-saturn-v-2.jpg  

Last edited by Sparky-88; 12-08-2010 at 10:54 AM. Reason: Added pic
Old 01-14-2011, 01:41 PM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2016
10 Year Member
Default Monterey Peninsula - Day One

Thanks for letting me share some pics in my neck of the west.

The memorial for rock star Henry J Deutschendorf, crashed in an experimental plane right into the tide pools there.

Doc Ricketts - character in the book/movie Cannery Row. This statue is situated were he also died, hit by a train at the RR crossing

The rain started shortly after so let me get out again today and grab a couple more..

Last edited by Barovelli; 01-14-2011 at 07:04 PM.
Old 01-14-2011, 07:02 PM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2016
10 Year Member
Default Monterey Peninsula - Day Two

What a beautiful day! Here is where I wanted to go yesterday, but was rained out.. I added some links to extra pictures and stuff related to the locations.

A couple out at Laguna Seca.
Entrance

Start - Finish. Pictures of car are terrible, yesterday's rain brought out the dust on the finish. Dirt also reveals the sideswipe over the rear wheel, was there when I got it.

This is the view from top of the locomotive at Dennis The Menace park. I played here when I was a wee person and probably have not been up there in over 40 years. A little bit scary. Click to see the Monte's eye view.

Sandy The Whale. Sandy likes Chevys. She's more attracted to fourth generation Caprices, but didn't mind posing. Sandy sits outside the Pacific Grove Mvsevm of Natural History.

Last one - Here we are in the artichoke fields, at the turn off to Monte Road. Man the car is dirty. I paid for the artichoke that's holding the shirt, btw.

Last edited by Barovelli; 01-14-2011 at 07:16 PM.
Old 04-16-2011, 01:39 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2016
10 Year Member

sorry i had it so long, crappy weather,trying to get together with other MN members but kept falling throught, it getting sent back to me from the postal service, which actually worked perfect becuase porkeys was shutting down and i was able to get more pics out there,
but here are my pics,

where it was kept safe during it's time with me

MY Sig on the shirt

I Broke one rule, i hope you all can forgive me, i just couln't resist

Near our capitol building in ST. Paul

by a bell with some historic signification but i couldn't tell ya what that is

Welcome to MN

The Minneapolis sculpture garden

IDK what this is supost to be maybe enlarged hove prints of a dear

me and the shirt chasing jack (you can see the shirt in my hand

outside the walker art center in minneapolis

AND FOR THE FINALLY