Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

taking a little time... to vent

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2009, 06:01 PM
Angry taking a little time... to vent

alright.. so i live in a small (not REALLY REALLY small but small enough to be labeled 'small') town

i hate getting anything done to my monte here, the people who run the stores are dumb asses, they dont take care of other people's cars, and they just simply dont do their job right

for instance...

i didnt know chrome exhaust tips like to rust really fast, i had my 3.4 dualed out, went with chrome dual outlet tips, so they start rusting after about 2 weeks

went in, and he said that its not his fault that they rusted, which i know and i never blamed him, and i asked him, since im doing another set of tips, let me get bout 1 inch bigger tips in stainless steel but same exact tips instead, the guy brings me tips that are a lot shorter, stupid square style dual outlet instead of the rounded, and said thats all he had, didnt care to listen about the inch bigger or tell me "hey, we dont have any BUT i got these" and ends up bein 40 bucks a tip, thats outrageous to me

and an auto accessories place we have here, charges too much, doesnt treat the customer right, have to wait at least 30 minutes before you are helped, and always tries to sway you into buying a brand or paticular thing thats easy for them to install.. HID's were 300 bucks because they were the "expensive kind, cause the cheap ones dont have a warrenty"

maybe its just me, but if i'm paying A LOT of money for a mod i feel as if i deserve to be picky and i want it done right, is that too much to ask? specially if i'm going with a specific theme

anybody feel me?

Old 07-29-2009, 06:09 PM

unfortunately, i dont think it has much to do with being in a small town! that's just par for the course with many places today... not all, but most.

Old 07-29-2009, 06:39 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Yea, i'm a picky person when it comes to my car...I can usually sense people getting irritated when I ask questions, or tell them exactly how I want something...but I figure screw it, i'm paying for it, and its MY car..

Old 07-29-2009, 09:57 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I hear ya. Too many places just want to get you in and out as fast as possible so they can take your money faster. And to heck with customer service.

Old 07-29-2009, 10:59 PM

There is no customer service anymore, it's all about the $$$...

the more people you get in and out the more money they think they can make...

i dont even goto auto zone, or pep boy's anymore because of the horrid customer service, i goto o'reiley's the people there are friendly, and always greet me with a "hey man what's up?" or "Damn dude, your back again?" (jokingly), and their very helpful.

Old 07-29-2009, 11:46 PM

Originally Posted by 03Monte
T i goto o'reiley's the people there are friendly...
i agree. thats the only place I go to around me too. Very nice and helpful. a lot of times in my old school town I would go to a little napa store. they were more expensive (but it was a small town of like 5000 people) but they would help ya with anything you needed.

Old 07-30-2009, 12:13 AM

we are all to blame for this! everybody is in too much of a race, for what!!! you can still complain if the service sucks, dont pay for it! if its not what you wonted, say something! small town or big town, it doesnt matter.

Old 07-30-2009, 08:24 AM
Default Just Chineese Steel & Thin chrome...

Hey I'm a child of the '60's & Back then you could get chrome stuff like
that outta "real" steel & it was Copper & Nickle plate coated, then Chromed the right way (you'd say old school) I guess it's too expensive now!!?? Too hard to Chrome stuff in the U.S. (OSHA)

I've gone to a Muffler shop & the let me go through the scrap pile. I
made my own exaust tips with a grinder & a drill, painted Heat flat black.
They look stealth too. If they start to rust I steel wool 'em down & hit
'em again with the heat paint.

I have alot people ask me where I got those... Ha! They look like Bologna
Tips from the store only Black...

Old 07-30-2009, 08:29 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Personally I have better experiences in small towns (where my parents live) than I do here in Philly. A lot of times when I do stuff for my car I do it by my parents because the customer service and prices are a lot better.

Old 07-30-2009, 08:50 AM

I usually have good luck everywhere I go as far as customer service (the parts themselves can sometimes be a different matter). big or small stores. I always attempt to greet the counter-person first so they know I'm down to earth, one of them, a working man. it seems to make a difference. and if it doesn't and they're stuck in "full-tool-on-mode", well I can be the biggest a-hole of a customer you ever had the displeasure of crossing. but it hardly ever comes to that.

Quick Reply: taking a little time... to vent