Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Take The Time To Relax

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2011, 12:42 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Take The Time To Relax

Most of us don't realize what life or work or both is doing to us.

Friday morning a man I've known all my life passed away. I grew up with this man's oldest son. I never knew a time in my life we were not neighbors. From what I can gather, stress killed him. He was upset about a bill so he drove in to town to discuss the bill with the people who claimed he owed it. I guess while there the stress became overwhelming and killed him.

You can't say he was overworked. He retired in 1996 from his job. But the fact remain this friend is now gone.

Any time I saw this man he always smiled and waved. He would come down and talk about cars with me. Or stop and talk to my dad since they knew each other for many years.

Last summer one thursday evening at a local cruise this friend was there looking at the cars. He came over to talk and remarked he recalled me buying my 150 Wagon in 1988. My parents wouldn't even remember this unless I told them.

I guess what I'm saying is take the time find something you enjoy that you can reduce the stress in your life. Remember. Stress knows no age barrier. It can take a 20 year old just as it took this man.

Old 05-02-2011, 05:09 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2011
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Sorry for the loss of your friend and we should all re;ax and not take things so seriously. Life is short and goes on no matter what your financial or other troubles are.

Old 05-02-2011, 05:41 PM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2011
Monte Of The Month -- December 2016
10 Year Member

Everyone should Relax and reduce the stress in your life..
Life is to short to stress out about little things...Enjoy life ..

Old 05-02-2011, 05:59 PM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013

may he rest in peace. We all need to take time to smell the roses once in a while.

Old 05-02-2011, 07:43 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member

Sorry for your loss RJ. Everyone has to take a step back and take a deep breath.

Old 05-02-2011, 08:52 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Thanks for sharing that RJ. Very sorry for your loss. Stress is not something to take lightly. It causes all kinds of health problems. Some of us find that out harder than others. Sometimes when I need to take my mind off of stress from work, I come here take my mind off of it. The people here really know how to put a smile on your face sometimes.

Old 05-03-2011, 05:00 AM

Hi Mod R.J.,
Sorry to read about the loss of another in your `life.
Yes, Stress can be a killer for many.
The web has many sites that deal with this subject.
Below is just one of many & I hope it may helps someone.
Thanks for sharing 4-Sure

Stress Management: How to Reduce, Prevent, and Cope with Stress

Learn how to successfully manage stress by changing the way you respond to stress, making time for relaxation, and learning healthier coping strategies.
www.helpguide.org/.../stress_management_relief_coping.htm

"On the MCF, we share, cause we care" = Be happy 2 `be

Last edited by Space; 05-03-2011 at 05:07 AM.
Old 05-03-2011, 09:44 AM

RJ, well written and sorry about the loss of your friend. Stress can damage us in many ways.

Space, I worry about the hours you work and never having a day off to relax and sit at the beach. I hope you can slow down your life soon.

Old 05-04-2011, 11:44 AM
rj
15 Year Member

Space, I worry about the hours you work and never having a day off to relax and sit at the beach. I hope you can slow down your life soon.
I agree.

Thank you all for the support.

Yesterday was funeral. It was nice to see old friends again, but sad for the reason we came together after so long. My friend was hugging me and crying cause of the death of his father. I always feel so inadequate at times like these cause I'm not sure what to say?

Our families were very connected when we were young. We lived across the street from each other and even took summer vacations together. Heck, our grandmothers lived just a few doors from each other. When my parents decided to build out in the country, this family sold their house and moved 5 doors away from where our new house was.

The truely sad part is my friend and I drifted apart as adults. He stayed in to drugs and I stayed in to cars. His parents always remained on friendly terms to my family.

Old 05-04-2011, 12:00 PM

Hi Mod R.J.,
Thanks for your & Teacher's concerns, but many in our World are working so much harder & under worse conditions then I. Like China, Japan & many more...

I might be working 70-84 hours a week, but it's for a good reason, plus I live where I work & don't have to drive several hours a day to get to work & back...I'm just thankful/happy to have a `job with a super owner that treats everyone with respect & rewards us with a bonus when we hit our quoto's : )
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's always sad to lose someone you care about or love, but it's a constant reminder to "Live your Now" and that No One is Promised a 2morrow...Every time one of the Seniors that help raised me passes, we celebrate the life they had, and hopefully we will see again @ a different or another level of our journey of eternity....Let us pray 4 a better place
Thanks for your update...Now, go enjoy your life & your many superSuper Chevy's : ) Peace/Happiness 2 you & the member's that reads this...`Space

Quick Reply: Take The Time To Relax