Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Surviving the Summer Road Trip ?

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2011, 11:45 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Lightbulb Surviving the Summer Road Trip ?

Hi Member's,
Received the below topic's in my Valvoline Newletter.
This is not my personal endorsement for Valvoline, but I do like many of the auto topic's that they send.

I hope some of our member's extract some information that they can use/apply.
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=602 align=center><TBODY><TR bgColor=#e3e1e1><TD width=26></TD><TD width=550><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=550 align=center><TBODY><TR><TD height=10 colSpan=2></TD></TR><TR><TD height=10 colSpan=2></TD></TR><TR bgColor=#f2f1ed><TD vAlign=top width=550 colSpan=2><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=550><TBODY><TR><TD bgColor=#ffffff height=120 vAlign=top width=550><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=550 height=120><TBODY><TR><TD height=120></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD bgColor=#ffffff colSpan=2><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=bottom colSpan=3 align=center>Surviving the Summer Road Trip</TD></TR><TR><TD height=15 colSpan=3></TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>This issue of Driving Matters contains lots of expert advice to help make your summer road trip a success. Whether you're hitting the beaches or the mountains, a little pre-trip preparation will insure a smooth ride for you and your passengers.

</TD><TD></TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=3></TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=3></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top width=412><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR bgColor=#f2f1ed><TD><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top bgColor=#ffffff><TD></TD><TD width=20></TD><TD vAlign=top><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left>Summer Safety Pack</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left>Summer road trips often involve heading into the great unknown. Here's a checklist of things to toss into the car to make sure everyone stays safe on the road.</TD></TR><TR><TD height=23 vAlign=bottom align=left>Read More</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD bgColor=#ffffff height=10 colSpan=4></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR bgColor=#f2f1ed><TD><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD bgColor=#ffffff height=10 colSpan=4></TD></TR><TR vAlign=top bgColor=#ffffff><TD></TD><TD width=20></TD><TD vAlign=top><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left>10 Trips for Traveling with Kids</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left>Are we there yet? Every parent has heard that familiar refrain from the backseat. Check out these suggestions to help pass the time until you reach your destination.</TD></TR><TR><TD height=23 vAlign=bottom align=left>Read More</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD bgColor=#ffffff height=10 colSpan=4></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR bgColor=#f2f1ed><TD><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD bgColor=#ffffff height=10 colSpan=4></TD></TR><TR vAlign=top bgColor=#ffffff><TD></TD><TD width=20></TD><TD vAlign=top><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left>Pet-Friendly Travel</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left>If you're thinking of bringing Fido along on your family trip, read this article for some guidance on making sure man's best friend enjoys the ride.</TD></TR><TR><TD height=23 vAlign=bottom align=left>Read More</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD bgColor=#ffffff height=10 colSpan=4></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD bgColor=#ffffff vAlign=top width=138><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=138><TBODY><TR><TD width=20></TD><TD bgColor=#d3d3d3 height=20 align=center>Also This Month</TD></TR><TR><TD width=20></TD><TD bgColor=#e9e8e8><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=118><TBODY><TR><TD colSpan=2></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top></TD><TD vAlign=top>Parents of Teens: Watch That Horsepower

^or 4 `Space Drivers

</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top></TD><TD vAlign=top>Comfort Zone

</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top></TD><TD vAlign=top>10-Step Tire Change

</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top></TD><TD vAlign=top>Roadside Remedies

</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top></TD><TD vAlign=top>The Importance of Coolant

</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top></TD><TD vAlign=top>Motor Oil Myths

</TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=2></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Last edited by Space; 06-09-2011 at 11:49 AM.
Old 06-09-2011, 12:46 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Change your oil
Check your other fluids
Make sure your A/C works
Check the air in your tires

ENJOY THE SITES IN YOUR MONTE CARLO

Old 06-09-2011, 01:54 PM

Thanks for the info. When I go on long trip - I put the bumper bra on it to protect the finish of the paint from bugs & rocks. When I get home --that comes off, cleaned & put away for next trip. I won't leave it on the car, as straps tend to wear on paint...

-Mark.

Last edited by MarkIV396; 06-09-2011 at 01:55 PM. Reason: sp.