Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Super Tuesday Predictions

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2008, 07:32 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Super Tuesday Predictions

Alright guys... by this upcoming Tuesday we should know who the Democrat and Republican nominee will be. So what is the general concensus of the forum?

The Democrats:

Hillary Rodham Clinton

Barack Hussein Obama

John Edwards (God only knows why he is still in this)

The Republicans

John McCain

Mitt Romney

Mike Huckabee

So who is it going to be guys? Who do you want to win? Who do you think will win?

I know my pictures are a big, but I tried to find the most unflaterring picture of each candidate.

My predictions:

Barack Obama for the Democrats

John McCain (unfortunatly) for the Republicans

I have enabled multiple selections so you can vote for both a Democrat and a Republican.

Old 02-01-2008, 07:53 PM
Default RE: Super Tuesday Predictions

I am pulling for Mitt, but I'm sure that McCain has so much support that he'll get the nomination.. though I just wanted to choke McCain during the last debate... I wish Ron Paul would get more air time since he does have some decent ideas, but thats just the nature of the game. Most money wins it seems.

Old 02-01-2008, 09:23 PM

We dont get to vote yet here in Texas but I'll be pulling for Mitt if hes still in it. I wish Mitt gets close 2nd to all the McCain wins. I just dont know what most republicans see in McCain. IF McCain wins I won't vote for him. I just can't seem to be able to through out my conservative values out the door and see him destroy the party from inside just for republican presidency sake.

I need to get used to hearing President Hillary over and over.

All well, theres always nex,next,next.next year.

Old 02-02-2008, 03:31 AM

Unfortunately, Edwards is out.

Why didn't you use the full names of the Repub's?

Willard Mitt Romney - sounds kind of ratty

John Sidney McCain - Sidney?

Michael Dale Huckabee - Mike Dale? - perfect

The Republican will be McCain, the Republican's talk a good game about "morals and values", but when it comes down to voting for someone who actually lives the morals and values, they hold their nose and vote for the ones who don't.

Don't believe it? Look at Sen. Larry Craig, (gay), Sen Lyndsey Graham, (gay), Sen Mitch McConnell, (gay), VP Dick Cheney, (gay daughter with a position in the Bush administration), Sen John McCain (adulterer, main cover man for Charles Keating).

Unfortunately, for the Dems, it will be Clinton, which is just more of the same bad politics we've had since 1980. The president's since then are Reagan, Bush, Clinton, Bush, to be determined.

It will be a sad day when another Clinton or John McCain is elected president. Who knows, Hillary may surprise us, but you know exactly what you are getting with McCain, a war monger who won't be a fiscal conservative, kind of like the current president, come to think of it.

Old 02-02-2008, 04:50 AM

Ronald Reagan and Bill Clinton were probably two of the best presidents this country has seen. Sure there may have been some tid bits of media crap that went on with both but putting privatge lifes aside as for what they did to improve this world not many can say they did better.

Old 02-02-2008, 03:47 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Well the National Debt first hit the trillions... and the multitrillions due to Reaganomics... I'm not too fond of those.

Clinton pardoned Puerto Rican terrorists to help his wife win the hispanic vote, did nothing about our ships, bunkers, and WTC (the first time in '93) being bombed. I don'tcare waht he did under desk. I don't even care that he lied about it. I guess it was a "natural lie" to tell. We knew what we were getting... he admitted on the campagin trail in 1992 he had some infidelities.

But what I do like aboutClinton: good economy, balanced budget. He was very compasionate, he had a very "warm" handshake.His wife don't have that, plus she has less faith in capitalism than he did.

Scary... just scary....

Why I don't like McCain: Voted for amnesty for illegals, makes it very clear he will stay in Iraq until hte job is done (job is alreadydone as far as I'm concerned....), voted against the Bush tax cuts, and he is justflat out the WORST debatorEVER. NO ONE has ever been as bad as McCain when it comes to a debate. He is not convincing (probably due to hisissues more than his speaking.) And another problem... research him. He never wanted to get into politics. He did so at the suggestion of some friends. He got there on being a Vietnam Vet who was a POW. I have respect for that. He made a HUGE sacrificefor our country... and he, like John Kerry, has been riding on that ever since. Being a war hero does not make you a good politician, although it can make you a great, respectable person, which, in my mind, John McCain blew that our the window long ago. It's dispicable.

John McCain will win NONE of the crossover vote. Liberals, like most peole, are far against the war. You will not win this election on a pro-war stance, if you do... you're amazingly good at a smoothtalker.

I hope they allllose

PS: Mad, I couldn't remember the middle names of the Republicans.. only Hillary and Barack. I couldn't even think of Edwards middle name. Sorry.

Old 02-02-2008, 04:35 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I think Hillary would do better in the public's opinion (not perfect, but better) if she would stop screeching all the time. She needs to take public speaking and charisma lessons from Bill.

By the way, not to nit-pick, but Rodham is not Hillary's middle name. It's her maiden name. Her middle name is Diane. (source: wikipedia)

Old 02-02-2008, 05:48 PM

Well National Debt increasing is always hand in hand when replicans are in office. Reaganomics was no different

Old 02-02-2008, 07:28 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I hope they allllose

Get my vote.

Old 02-06-2008, 02:58 AM

Could somebody please, please, tell me what exactly Ronald Reagan did to be considered such a great president by the Republican's?

Normally I'd ask for 8 things (just 1 thing per year) he did to be considered so great, but since he had Alzheimers for 3 of his last 4 years as prez, I'll settle for 5 things he did to benefit all Americans.

Anybody???

Quick Reply: Super Tuesday Predictions