Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

> Super Bee's are Coming Back !!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2011, 04:20 PM

IDK, I must be the only one that's digging the new Chargers. Very lovely.
Along with the Mustang, It's GM dropping the ball. They need to step it up.

Old 11-11-2011, 05:30 PM

Those are some sexy looking BEAST love the new look !

Old 11-11-2011, 05:57 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I must admit I'm a fan of the re-designed Charger. Looks much better now.

When I read this thread this morning, I didn't know what to think about a super bee. When ever you re-use an old name, it always brings comparisons to the original. And always gets some criticism from purists who complain about one thing or another.

But I have to say I like the super bee. If it sparks some interest in car enthusiasts to get back into the spirit of the muscle car/domestic performance era, I say go for it.

Old 11-12-2011, 06:27 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Thanks Member's for your posts & comments They reflect the diversity of our memberships 4-Sure....
I think we are all fortunate to have so many automotive transportation choices

Below is another future ride from Dodge:
Spied! Compact Dodge Hornet Sedan Spotted Testing

Written by: Donny Nordlicht on November 11 2011 9:00 AM

<!--leftside banner-->
<!--leftside ends here --><!-- Facebook Like Button v1.9.6 BEGIN [http://blog.bottomlessinc.com] --><?xml:namespace prefix = fb ns = "http://www.facebook.com/2008/fbml" /><fb:like class=" fb_edge_widget_with_comment fb_iframe_widget" width="375" href="https://rumors.automobilemag.com/spied-compact-dodge-hornet-sedan-spotted-testing-87199.html" show_faces="false" layout="standard" action="like" colorscheme="light"></fb:like><!-- Facebook Like Button END -->It’s no surprise that Dodge is working on a new compact sedan – such a model was mentioned as part of Chrysler’s 2009 turnaround plan. However, the Fiat-based sedan looks to be nearing completion. Lucky for us, our colleagues at Motor Trend caught the car while it was out testing.
What we know is that the new sedan will be called the Hornet and will replace the lackluster Caliber in Dodge’s lineup and it will share its platform and mechanicals with the Alfa Romeo Giulietta hatchback. (Essentially the Hornet will be a sedan version of the Giulietta.) Most notably, the Hornet will be the first product to come out of Fiat’s acquisition of Chrysler after the latter’s bankruptcy.
These shots give a fairly clear look at what the final Hornet will look like. Barely visible through the camouflage is a small crosshair grille and angled projector headlamps, along with a large lower intake opening. The small sedan also wears a sharp shoulder line that rises from the top of the front wheel openings to the top of the trunklid. Around back, the Hornet appears to sport taillights that may echo Charger’s full-width LED lamps.
Inside, the cockpit looks to be pretty driver-focused, and incorporates a single binnacle hood that stretches across the gauge cluster and the center stack. Don’t be surprised to see premium touches in the Hornet’s cabin, as there seems to be some kind of double-stitching across the leading edge of that IP hood. Silver trim frames the center stack, while the thick multi-function steering wheel appears to have been cribbed from Dodge’s corporate parts bin.
Expect to see the same 1.4-liter MultiAirI-4 engine that powers the Alfa to find its way under the hood of the Hornet. There is also a chance that a Chrysler-sourced 2.0-liter four-banger may also be an option. Details should start leaking closer to the end of 2011, as the Hornet will likely debut in early 2012.
The Dodge Hornet is slated to make its debut in just a few short months at January’s Detroit auto show; in the meantime, head over to Motor Trend to check out the full set of spy photos.
Source: Motor Trend
<STYLE type=text/css> #gallery-1 { margin: auto; } #gallery-1 .gallery-item { float: left; margin-top: 10px; text-align: center; width: 33%; } #gallery-1 img { border: 2px solid #cfcfcf; } #gallery-1 .gallery-caption { margin-left: 0; } </STYLE><!-- see gallery_shortcode() in wp-includes/media.php --><DL class=gallery-item><DT class=gallery-icon></DT></DL><DL class=gallery-item><DT class=gallery-icon></DT></DL><DL class=gallery-item><DT class=gallery-icon></DT></DL>

<!-- .entry-content-->Categories:Compact, Detroit Auto Show, Dodge, News, Sedans

Old 11-13-2011, 06:08 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

2012 Dodge Charger SRT8 Super Bee

<CENTER>
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="99%"><TBODY><TR><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: rgb(201,201,201) 1px solid"></TD><TD vAlign=bottom><TABLE id=tab_1 class=b_on cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3><TBODY><TR><TD id=td_1 class=b_fo noWrap><CENTER>Review </CENTER></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: rgb(201,201,201) 1px solid"></TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: rgb(201,201,201) 1px solid" vAlign=bottom width="100%"></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></CENTER><TABLE class=keywords_top width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD>

</TD><TD width=45> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><!-- usefull comment for cache_differe: empty blocs stop process -->
Dodge is bringing back its Super Bee package for one more nostalgic round in the hands of the brand’s ever-popular Charger muscle car. The Super Bee designation was first placed on a 1968 Coronet model before it was moved on over to the Charger model in 1971. It then took a long hiatus before it was applied once again, this time on the Charger SRT8 Super Bee model in 2006, 2007, and 2008. And now the Super Bee name will be offered once again for the 2012 model year.
"The 2012 Dodge Charger SRT8 Super Bee is a salute to the fun-loving past of Dodge muscle cars powered by the legendary 392 HEMI V-8 in a back-to-basics performance machine," Ralph Gilles, President and CEO - SRT and Motorsports said.
The special Dodge Charger SRT8 Super Bee is set to make its world debut next week at the 2011 Los Angeles Auto Show.
UPDATE 11/09/2011: This review has been updated to include the official specifications for the 2012ChargerSRT8 Super Bee.
Hit the jump to read more about the Dodge Charger SRT8 Super Bee.
gallery: 2007 Dodge Charger SRT-8 Super Bee

<TABLE width=420><TBODY><TR><TD>Exterior and Interior

2007 Dodge Charger SRT8 Super Bee

The 2012Charger SRT8 Super Bee will be offered in either a Stinger Yellow or Pitch Black exterior paint finish combined with a unique SRT badge with a 3-D helmeted bee mascot on the new Gloss Black split cross hair grille. The models painted in Stinger Yellow will be offered with a satin black hood and black decklid stripes with a solid wide center line flanked by solid dual tracer lines. The Pitch Black version will be offered with while charcoal gray graphics on the hood and decklid. Both versions will feature "392 HEMI" badges on the front fenders and "Powered by SR" logos on both rear fenders. The car will sit on a new set of 20 x 9-inch, five-spoke cast-aluminum wheels with black painted pockets.
The new interior for the Super Bee was inspired by the racing models and features the SRT exclusive three-spoke contoured performance steering wheel and exclusive Z-stripe cloth performance seats with amped yellow and silver striping in both the front and rear.
Engine

The 2012 Dodge Charger SRT8 Super Bee will be powered by the new 6.4-liter HEMIV8engine that delivers a total of 470 HP and 470 lb-ft of toque. The sprint from 0 to 60 mph will be made in just 4 seconds; the quarter mile in the high 12-second range; and the 0-100-0 mph in less than 16 seconds. Top speed goes up to 175 mph.
Stopping power from 60-0 mph will be made in 120 feet with the use of 14.2 inch (front) and 13.8 inch (rear) vented/slotted rotors with four-piston Brembo calipers.
Prices

The Dodge Charger SRT8 Super Bee will be limited to only 2012 units. Customers interested will be able to place their orders at Dodge dealerships in December with the first deliveries beginning in the first quarter of 2012.
Competition

The Charger SRT8 Super Bee’s impressive 470 HP output allows it to be easily placed with models such as the Mercedes C63 AMG. There’s a huge difference in price - the Mercedes starts at over $100K, while the more recent Charger SRT8 Super Bees were in the $60K-$70K range - but that’s only because of the Mercedes name. The C63 AMG packs a 6.2L V8 engine producing less than the Charger: 457 HP. If customers add the AMG Performance Package then that figures jumps to 487 HP, but the price tag jumps as well.
So for about $20K-$30K less than the cost of the Mercedes, customers can get a limited edition and powerful Dodge Charger. Of course, you’ll have to be okay with sacrificing luxury and riding around in a yellow car. Decision, decisions.

====================--=Wow nice Ride

Very powerful engine
Offers a cheaper alternative to high performance sedans ladies like them, they have heated seats
Looks amazing

Super Bee comes in limited edition -Yellow is not for everyone but you are not everyone ? are you ?
Sacrifices luxury for speed and fun

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Last edited by Space; 11-13-2011 at 07:48 AM.
Old 11-13-2011, 08:12 AM

Monte Of The Month -- May 2013
1 Year Member

We've had Dodge's even while I worked at G.M. I bought a Dodge Van back in the day. Cause I didn't like the Chevy van. Plus I had a 74 Dodge Charger. I myself like the new Dodge Charger. While in phoenix this last jan I took one for a ride. REALLY Nice inside & out. But we were not in the market for a new car at the time. Beside that my Monte was back home in the garage two months old to me. I think Dodge has some of the best designers around. G.M. Is the one dropping the ball. Sorry to say!! I think the same old guys are designing their cars & trucks at G.M. .. Need some fresh blood in there!

Old 11-13-2011, 08:14 AM

Monte Of The Month -- May 2013
1 Year Member

Space love that last picture you posted above

Old 11-13-2011, 05:33 PM
1 Year Member

I'm not really a fan of the 2012 chargers, but the superbee edition actually looks very sharp.

Old 11-13-2011, 05:59 PM

I don't really consider GM to be dropping the ball, their performance cars are great in my eyes, the Camaro is flashy, the V series are luxury and extremely fast, and once they bring back the G8 or Commodore or whatever they want to call it, that will be another beauty in my book.

Old 11-13-2011, 06:52 PM

These are sweet! I always wanted the super bee pickup tho,future?!?

Quick Reply: > Super Bee's are Coming Back !!!!