Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

> Super Bee's are Coming Back !!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2011, 08:09 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Smile > Super Bee's are Coming Back !!!!

( I think the above DeSign is `kewl: )
Bee-Have! Dodge Brings Back Charger Super Bee (Again), Resurrects Challenger Yellow Jacket

MCF Member's, Posted so you know what's going 2 `be out their in the 1st quarter of 2012 Will you race one, buy one or get stung by one ~>

<SMALL>November 10, 2011 at 12:33pm by Steve Siler</SMALL>

American muscle cars appeal to a largely nostalgic bunch, and the companies that make them never hesitate to pillage their own past to please the customer. And so Dodge is announcing the second coming of the Challenger Yellow Jacket and the third coming of the Charger Super Bee, both of which are offered only in SRT8 guise for 2012.
As with the previous Charger Super Bee, which was offered from 2007 to 2009, the new one is basically a paint-and-stickers deal, with the now-traditional Super Bee graphics on each rear quarter panel, plus a matte-black rear spoiler and a gloss-black cross-hair grille. Two color schemes are available, the most extroverted being Stinger Yellow with a matte-black hood applique. It also comes in Pitch Black with charcoal-gray appliques for customers not so keen on so much chroma on such a big car. Production will be capped at 500 units for each color.
The Challenger Yellow Jacket borrows its name from a show car that toured the auto-show circuit beginning in 1969. It comes only in retina-searing yellow, and features a blackout grille, a body-color rear spoiler, and a spear-like black stripe running the length of the vehicle. A new Yellow Jacket logo and script are set within the stripe at the back. Production will be limited to 1000 for the year.
Both bees ride on new 20-inch five-spoke wheels with painted insets, and also receive unique interior treatments with yellow and silver accents. The Charger Super Bee seats are upholstered in cloth, while the Challenger Yellow Jacket indulges in cowhide. Both cars have their respective stinging-insect graphic embroidered on the seats.
As 2012 SRT8 models, the Yellow Jacket and Super Bee are powered by the wicked 6.4-liter V-8 with 470 hp and 470 lb-ft of torque. As we’ve noted in previous tests, the numerous updates made to the SRT8 Challenger and Charger for 2012 greatly improved them. A two-mode adjustable suspension is included on the Yellow Jacket, as are steering-wheel-mounted paddle shifters for automatic models.
Neither package will be offered on R/T or base models, but we wouldn’t be surprised to see more-affordable versions leave the Dodge hive in the coming years. Ordering begins in December at a price that is yet to be announced, and the first deliveries are expected in the first quarter of 2012.

Tags: American, Dodge, Dodge Challenger, Dodge Challenger SRT8 392, Dodge Charger, Dodge Charger SRT8, muscle cars, sports cars |

Last edited by Space; 11-11-2011 at 08:16 AM.
Old 11-11-2011, 08:20 AM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2011
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Super Bee's haev been back, at least I know I have seen several over the past few years. Please quit discusiing these Mopar muscle cars. I miss my Challenger but not the payment. Always can get another down the road though.

Old 11-11-2011, 08:43 AM

Sorry `Jerry, the devil made me `do it,

Do it `Space, post & tempt `Jerry, do it Now

but Dodge is announcing the second coming of the Challenger Yellow Jacket and the third coming of the Charger Super Bee, both of which are offered only in SRT8 guise for 2012. They both are 2 expensive 4 me 4-$ure, but it's great that they are still bringing them back 4 those that can afford & EnJoy...

Old 11-11-2011, 08:44 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2012

Sorry, but...

*YAWN*

It sounds like it is going to be nothing more than a dressed up SRT8 with a limited production run. Perhaps a marketing tactic to help stimulate sagging sales? Personally, I think Mopar went the wrong direction when they reintroduced the Charger as a 4 door with barely enough power for it to get out of its own way, but the later models did see a power increase. The Challenger would be my choice if I were to purchase one, but I think it is too little too late for all but the diehard Mopar fanatic.

Old 11-11-2011, 08:50 AM

I must be losing my power...Mike is not being tempted LOL, but I believe that there are MoPar Fans that will be happy & want to re-capture their dreams of their past with a updated version....To me they are way 2 Expensive....

Last edited by Space; 11-11-2011 at 09:07 AM.
Old 11-11-2011, 08:51 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Yep, just a standard car painted yellow with some accents in the inside.

All those that mocked the Transformers Camaro, here's your Mopar version.

Old 11-11-2011, 10:12 AM

Eh, I avoid anything Dodge or mopar in general. They do look nice though.

Old 11-11-2011, 11:30 AM
STILL SLOW
Monte Of The Month -- May 2010
10 Year Member

Those look hot *sting* haha

Old 11-11-2011, 12:44 PM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

Originally Posted by 03SSLE
I think Mopar went the wrong direction when they reintroduced the Charger as a 4 door.
Ohh how ppl forget that the new charger was nvr ment to be a reintroduction of the old, wen dodge made plans to replace the intrepid with a new car & name they held a ton of marketing polls & charger was the name everyone wanted

Old 11-11-2011, 01:58 PM
Monte Of The Month -- October 2011
Monte Of The Month -- July 2014
RED DEVIL

they look good. i really like the new dodge muscle cars.

Quick Reply: > Super Bee's are Coming Back !!!!